current issues/hot topics

I don’t know really where to post this so if this is the wrong place then maybe the moderator can change it.
Some of you may remember me from when my daughter Lisa died in 2008 aged 34. The thing is I have 3 wigs hardly worn that I would like to give away. Lisa only really wore the wigs on the rare occasion that she went out for the evening, otherwise she wore lots of baker boy caps… she was well known for her caps! Two of the wigs were expensive ones … one in shorter bobbed type style and the other a slightly longer layered look. The other one is a short layered style. All lovely wigs that she kept cleaned.
I am sure I saw on here a while back that someone was asking for wigs and head coverings.
If someone would like them I would send the caps too. I will make sure they are all washed and cleaned. I am only keeping one cap in memory.
Hope that someone can find use for them all as it can be expensive finding head coverings.
Love Sue x

Hi Sue, I just wanted to say Hello to you after seeing your name here. Take Care, With Love…Belinda…xxx

I have re done this with a different heading …

I don’t know really where to post this so if this is the wrong place then maybe the moderator can change it.
Some of you may remember me from when my daughter Lisa died in 2008 aged 34. The thing is I have 3 wigs hardly worn that I would like to give away. Lisa only really wore the wigs on the rare occasion that she went out for the evening, otherwise she wore lots of baker boy caps… she was well known for her caps! Two of the wigs were expensive ones … one in shorter bobbed type style and the other a slightly longer layered look. The other one is a short layered style. All lovely wigs that she kept cleaned.
I am sure I saw on here a while back that someone was asking for wigs and head coverings.
If someone would like them I would send the caps too. I will make sure they are all washed and cleaned. I am only keeping one cap in memory.
Hope that someone can find use for them all as it can be expensive finding head coverings.
Love Sue x

Hi Belinda . thanks for saying Hello. I still come and have a peek now and again and catch up with you all. So sad that many have now gone. Hopefully having a big party somewhere without us!
Have just been sorting some things out of Lisa’s that we couldn’t face before. Its a case of taking a deep breath and getting on with it. Seems such a shame that these lovely wigs and caps are just sitting there in boxes when someone may be pleased with them. Lisa seemed to have a Baker Boy cap for every outfit and was well known for wearing them with big dangly earrings! She kept them all clean and like new.
Take care
Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

Nice to hear from you again, and hope you are well. I have had a look round the site and found a thread where user hollymeg is asking for any unwanted items like the ones you are describing. I have put the link below and hope you can sort something out.

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/have-you-finished-with-bc-books,-wigs,-scalves-etc–t25559.html

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Thanks for that Jo. Apart from sciatica I am keeping well … the dogs are keeping me busy. I have to keep busy. Just had the horrid job of sorting the rest of Lisa’s things out as Simon wants to go travelling in the Autumn and wanted to sort the house out before he went.
It still feels as if Lisa is going to walk in at any minute and certainly doesn’t feel like 2 years ago since we last saw her. Still thats a good thing as Lisa is still very much a part of our lives and always will be. She was such a bright, sparkly person as I know many of the wonderful women on here are.
It just seemed such a shame that these lovely wigs and caps were just sitting there when hopefully someone could make use of them.

Love Sue x

Jo thank you for pointing sue in my direction. I have PM her and passed on the address of the cancer center which would be greatfull of her donations. Thanks for putting us in touch, pauline x