cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete a post??

10 REPLIES 10
waveylocks

Re: delete a post??

I managed to edit my post and deleted all the contents but it still posted as blank with edited in bold at the top!! Could the team look at this please? It looks awful. I do think we should have the option to remove our posts if we so wish. Secondly I had only just posted it and realised I had made a real mistake and didn't want to cause any unintentional upset to another forum member as hadn't realised her situation but then couldn't take it off without everyone being able to see that I had edited something? Very embarrassing!! Please can this be addressed 

Thanks,

Jenifer

It looks as though after a certain period from posting has elapsed you can not edit posts, poemsgalore. I have tried. It wasn't like that in the previous forum.

poemsgalore

I usually just tap 'options' and 'edit post' is the top of the list of options. So you can delete the text and put ***** or simply type 'deleted' then repost. As explained, the post would be out of the original order.

Poemsgalore xxx
Jenifer

Any updates on this? I tried to modify a post I made yesterday and it wouldn't let me.

HelenL_BCC

Hi dawnhc, I've just popped in and deleted the repeated post - thank you for finding that particular error - one for us to investigate further tomorrow! 

You're right, there's no option to delete posts once they're live - it's something the moderators will need to step in to do. I'll get back to you about editing a post tomorrow. I just need to double-check what the process is now. 

We plan on adjusting the forum to suit users' needs on an ongoing basis, so all the feedback we're receiving is incredibly helpful. Thank you  Woman Happy

dawnhc

Good illustration of the problem - I have a twitchy trigger finger and when I hit post I got a warning about 'post flooding - numerous times in xxxxxx seconds' and to correct highlighted errors. I couldn't  see anything else to do other than hit the post button - result 2x posts. Mod can you please delete the first of the two.

Dawn

dawnhc

Thanks Jo,

I had a hunt around but couldn't find a way to even edit any post that had been submitted as we could do on the old forum.  There is no explanation in the Help area. Can we have the forums set to allow edits or has it been a conscious decision to set to 'not allow'? I hate it when I go back to a post some days on and find it was late at night and I made a lot of typos!  I suppose that opens the door for posters to remove their posts and leave the word delete in its place 😞 Now we have the spell check button I guess I should remember to hit it LOL.

I must say I like what I see visually of the new forum but I think that new members who are not over familiar with using forums will find it quite difficult to get to grips with this one, specially if they are coping with the trauma of bc diagnosis, or suffering the effects of chemo-brain! I think for those that don't jump ship too quickly they will find their way around - but it will be a challenge, and perhaps one too far.

Dawn

Jo_BCC

Hi Dawn

I believe you are right in how you explain this, but I will check with our technical team just to make sure I'm telling you the right thing!

Thanks for your input, it's a good explanation.

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

dawnhc

Hi amd,

I know sometimes there is a very good reason to want to delete a post and on the previous forum you could just delete everything and put in some *** or just the word 'deleted' but when any changes were made to a post after another post had been made it would change the position of your post in the thread according to the day/time you made the changes - so it could change the whole sense of a thread. (not sure if I have explained it that clearly).

Mods can you tell us if that will happen now?

I am going to repeat a bit of this post and come back and delete it after someone has added another post to see what will happen.

.....everything and put in some *** or just the word 'deleted' but when any changes were made to a post after another post had been made it would change the position of your post in the thread according to the day/time you made the changes - so it could change the whole sense of a thread. (not sure if I have explained it that clearly).

Dawn

xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Anne,

I have replied to your earlier post with this question, but just to reiterate you can't delete, only edit.

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

amd66

delete a post??

I have tried to go on and edit a recent post since the changes, somehow i got onto edit, but no option to delete???

/early days yet i know to find our answers