deleted by user - privacy issue

deleted by user - privacy issue

Hi babychops1982

I’m sorry to read that you are having a tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

bump

So sorry to hear your news. How devastating for you.

I’m not in your situation, but just bumping to keep this noticeable on the latest posts page so it might be seen. If you don’t get a response you might do better in one of the “secondaries” sections? It’s a scary time for you, so I hope you find support here; I’m sure you will! xxx

Hiya babychops,

I’m really sorry to read about your recurrence, and I’m sorry that nobody in a similar situation to you has seen your post yet to give you some comfort. I do have some young friends who have had similar recurrences. We have a Facebook group which is just for young women with breast cancer and as well as the main group, we have various sub groups including one for ladies who have a recurrence of their breast cancer. Our youngest member in that group is 21, but there are quite a few ladies in their twenties as well as their 30s too. I assume you are quite young in BC terms given your user name and that you posted in the young women’s section.

Peer support is so important when you are facing these things, so I hope you get to talk to someone in your own position soon. Meanwhile you would be most welcome to join us on Facebook in our secret group. There is a threading the younger women’s section of this forum that I posted a
few days ago at our Facebook group (Younger breast cancer network UK)
if u fancy finding out a bit more about us.

Meanwhile, the staff on the helpline here at BCC are so so so kind and helpful, so that may help you, plus BCC do a peer support which you could ask them about and there is a secondaries /recurrences live chat every week which I haven’t used myself but which sounds really useful. I hope you find some BC friends support soon, it’s a toughie to go through this
alone

Xxx

Hi Babychops,
My situation is a bit different but similar enough - I have been treated twice for breast cancer, first in left breast in 2009, then again in right breast in 2012. As both times, cancer same type and grade, not really clear whether it was a reoccurence, or ‘new.’ Anyway, I was beside myself with fear second time round, if anything because I knew what was in store for me (as cancer was triple negative it was chemo or nothing!). But, a year on, and I am about to have my hair cut as it looks such a mess! As Tors says, the isolation is terrible, esp when you find yourself in a small statistic. I came across a couple of ladies on the forums who were in a similar position and the fact that they had come through helped me enormously.
Please let me know if I can be of any help. In the meantime, you might get more of a response if you post in ‘new primary or local recurrence’ section. I would also recommed the One to One Support Service where BCC can put you in touch with a volunteer with a similar experience.

Good luck, Rattles x

Hi Babychops

Here’s the link to the area of this website where you can read more about BCC’s One-to-one support service.

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

Jo, Facilitator

hi ladies,

thank you so much for your replies.
its just the wait thats the worst thing, waiting to get this thing cut out my neck and waiting on brain scan results.

i wish you all the very best xxxx