deodorants post op

Sorry if it’s been asked before…I am 5 days post MX and immediate reconstruction, and was wondering when I can start using deodorants again. I am concious now of buying paraben free products, and would like to know the best paraben free deodorant to use x

Apparently there is one you can get on prescription I have not been able to use deodorant since my op on 18th and feel ugh! Just keepi get the armpits fresh with a damp face cloth, my nurse told me to lay off till I have my follow up but not to use regular antiperspirant she suggested a prescription type for now till I can find one xx

I went shopping yesterday and replaced my normal deodorant with a pitrok crystal one. I have just used it for the first time after a shower (lumpectomy a week ago). I will let you know how I get on. My pits are usually quite sweaty :smileyembarrassed: so keeping fingers crossed

Hi ladies, I wasn’t aware that it was possible to get a prescription one, how does it differ to a regular one? I have started using paraben free products and Sanex do shower gel and a stick deodorant which works ok. Michelle x

Hi Ladies. Dove do an alcohol and paraben free roll on called Dove pure I brought mine from Amazon and it works a treat x

I’m not sure it was the district nurse who suggested I ask Gp for it as there is one available on prescription and ladies who have BC can get it I’m at docs for my sick note tomorrow I will be asking I will let you all know name etc

Ladies 

Just to let you know you need to make sure as well that it does not have any aluminium in the ingredients as well if you are having radiotherapy, it is in a lot of them but i know for definite that it is not in Pit Roc deoderant.

Helena xxx

Also Biosen do an aluminum and paracetamol free stick one in boots which is supposed to be quite good I’m definitely not going back to regular brand x

Sorry girls last post was meant to say paraben not paracetamol!!!