cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deodorants

3 REPLIES 3
Everton_babe

Re: deodorants

Ive been using a great cream product by Vichy-both before and after surgery which decreases production of sweat for up to seven days- but to be honest, Ive never thought of wether its suitable due to lymphodema risk-maybe another question for my BC nurse!!!! They also do a brill sensitive roll on too.

mafsmum

hi anne,

i had the lymph area done but no problem. i don't think the bionsen would be any good for the summer either - but it worked for me during my rads.

gill

Guest user
Not applicable

I used Pitrok which didn't seem to cause any problems, but I was only having the breast zapped. It may be different if the lymph node area is being done, though.

I found the Pitrok worked better than my usual brand and so I have carried on using it. Mind you, whether I will feel the same in the summer, we shall see, because it is only a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant.

Ann x

mafsmum

deodorants

i know there is differing advice on this from hospital to hospital - but i just thought i'd let you ladies who are worried on the 'smelly' problem - that my radiographers don't have a problem with deodorant use.

they gave me a choice of 3 brands. i used bionsen roll-on and had absolutely no problem.

available in boots, £2+ per bottle. others were pitrok and crysal.

gill