depression and chemo

hi all
i wondered if anyone is going through this. i am having 4 ac and 4 tax. i have just had my 3rd ac without much side effects so i feel quite lucky and am able to work after a couple of days on sick. but…i get terribly low soon after the chemo for four days, crying over the least little thing. i asked my chemo nurse but she says its probably early menopause due to chemo. surely my mood wouldn’t lift after 4 days. i am really nieve about what the menopause is going to do to me and need to find some answers.

Hi, If you are getting steroids for anti sickness, can they not cause a bit of a downer? I’m not sure if its whilst you are on them, or after you come off, but this might explain the short term nature of it? I’m on AC too, but only had one. Did have a day or two quite teary a few days after chemo, but nothing other than that. Not sure about early menopause though - not there yet - sorry! Hope this helps and good luck with it all,
Ax

HI baby bellebooboo
I am convinced the steroids are downers but we have some poweful drugs going into us ref chemo and it ain’t pleasant. I am the same as you for five to six days
and get panic attacks as well. Also get the heebie jeebies before chemo have my last EPI this Wednesday, then go on to CMF which I am told is a bit gentler resume. I am nearly 62 and went through the menopuse 10 yrs ago , but I am convinced all this upsets hormones. Hope I have been of a little help to you.
Love Bobbie

Hello bellebooboo
I am on the same regime 4AC and 4 Tax, but am one behind you - have had the second ac so far. I too am working except for a couple of days after each - though only for half days. Certainly on the steroids / anti sickness I feel more vunerable, and tears are there at the slightest. I have just been putting it down to being tired and pushing myself too much! It is much better when those first 3 days are past. I am 53, and have been going through the menopause anyway, so cannot relate it to that.

Give yourself time. Your comment of ‘few side effects’ rings true - it just means that 'cos you don’t feel too terrible, you can easily try to do too much! (That is me, anyway)

Love

Ann

Hi there, I’m feeling very low after one FEC, I’m on day 7 now and feel weepy and depressed, but will seek proper advice tomorrow from team and gp. Feel like I’m in a bubble and the rest of the world is going on without me. Perhaps it’s the steroids yes, or hormonal effects of drugs. Oh well, I’ll soldier on, sorry to moan!

Liz

hi all
i am glad i am not alone in this situation tho i’m not glad you are all going through it. i have read a little on the dex steroids info sheet and that mentions downers so maybe that is it…and of course all the toxins ain’t going to help are they? we gotta ride the storm i guess and think " this ain’t for eva " .keep your chins up girls and moan all you want, we need to get it of our chests.good luck
regards karen