cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desperate housewife seeking advice and reassurance

40 REPLIES 40
scobie

Re: desperate housewife seeking advice and reassurance

hi izzy01 sorry cant help you there but try not to worry to much I know it hard to do but hope an appointment comes through quickly for you and it is nothing sinister.Thinking of you let us know how you get on.We're all here for you whatever the outcome.Take care Joycex

izzy01

I'm new to all this but having read some of the posts feel a little bit more reassured. Had a appointment at Gp last week after noticing that my nipple had inverted on left B also surrounding area appears to have changed colour and feels bumpy to the touch. Gp didnt say anything about what could be just that he would refer me asap to hosp for app. havent heard yet and the waiting is driving me mad - although this does appear to be the norm. Anyone else had simular symptoms?

LizzyM

Great news Loulou, you'll have a good weekend I'm sure!
LizzyM

loulou7

had hosp. visit yesterday, ALL CLEAR, feeling really lucky. good luck to the rest of you and thank you for the support. i will still be logging on to find out how you all do so please let me know x

JIA

I am the same I have told my husband that I will have mine removed. He keeps saying that it will be fine not to worry. Don't think he can cope thinking about it. My appointment is Monday but hubby can't come with me - think he is now starting to worry a bit as he says you'll be alright won't you? Since I have got my appointment my pain is far less but I still have the lump. Haven't told anyone in the family so I can only drive him mad!! Very strange though I feel very calm and that is worrying me as the last time this happened I was demented.

loulou7

i feel exactly the same i'm normally the grounded, worry when it happens type, but this has sent me in a spin had my smear come back abnormal so convinced that it means i've got the dreaded bc. i think all the hype has made us all a little too aware. i've already decided to have my breast removed and haven't even had any tests, think i'm driving my other half mad now

twinmum

I'll join you in this, I still have 2 weeks today till my appointment at breast clinic, & I've been doing ok, thinking the wait is a good sign along with pains. I check all the time, I'm sending myself round the bend.
I feel like I can't talk to anyone as they all say it will be ok, but what if it's not!!!!!! I know i would say the same if someone came to me but help someone please understand how hard it is to wait to know if your life is just about to be turned upside down.

loulou7

know what you mean everynight i check my breast for lumps try not to ,but can't help it. i feel like i'm going mad

JIA

I am new to this but am in the same position. I have a sore breast that wakes me up when I turn over in bed! If I could take it off and put it in the wardrobe I would - it feels like it does not belong to me. I lost my twin to breast cancer nearly 10 years ago and have had breast cysts in the past but for some reason it feels different this time. Doctor said breast is lumpy and it could be another cyst, am waiting for hospital appointment. It doesn't stop you worrying though especially in the early hours of the morning.

debs

not too long then!! Will be thinking of you xx

loulou7

got app for the 19th, really apprehensive now

lizzy100

hey loulou, well at least u know theyr gonna investigate so that it can reasure you if its nothing or not. yea my doc didnt volunteer on how long the wait was etc i had to ask her. also dont have a clue what theyr gonna do to me. maybe give it a few weeks and if u dont hear then ring doc and ask.

if ur over 35/40 is it? they do the mammogram, if under theyl prob do an ultrasound. n if its a lump theyl prob do a biopsy.

loulou7

saw doc yesterday been referred to the breast clinic. not sure how to feel and not sure what happens. he didn't say how long i'd have to wait or what they would do, but glad that i'll soon have some answers

debs

Twinmum, I keep hoping the same thing! I have pain too! good luck to you too! x

twinmum

Deb
Sorry you have to wait again, it really is hard isn't it, I have 4 weeks today before i have my appointment & the pain i keep getting is killing me but i'm thinking pain is a good sign.
fingers crossed for next week x

debs

thanks girls! the waiting is horrible, but feeling more positive now,Loulou where are you?? x

kittenkat

debs - more waiting...its horrible.....Amanda - keep positive, a lot of breast problems aren't cancer as you know but its so hard to stop your mind wandering, take care, mary x

rhapsodyangel

debs - fingers crossed for when you get your results next week... hugs

rhapsodyangel

amanda i was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer last may... please feel free to also send me a private message if you want to discuss anything...

with me the first thing i noticed was that my breast had gone pink my gp suggested i try antibiotics and over that next week my nipple started to go inverted and my skin started to look unusual to be honest my breast looked like a giant strawberry...

it is awful that you are going to have to wait so long to get tests done etc:( i was sent straight to the breast clinic after that first week and saw consultant and had ultrasound and biopsy and diagnosis all in one morning...

as you say anything you read about IBC is very scary... but hopefully even if you have got it you have caught it before there has been any spread...

if it does turn out to be IBC they will want to send you for various scans to other parts of the body this makes it seem even more scarey but they do it automatically if IBC is diagnosed... once those were done and i was given the all clear for any spread i started chemo which lasted 6 months then a mastectomy and have just finished a month of rads. That treatment pattern seems pretty standard for IBC.

amanda_w

hi everyone, im new to this site and am feeling terrified at this moment, so hope someone out there can help. Im 39 (celebrate my 40th in April) and I was at hospital yesterday because I noticed about 2 month ago that I had an inverted nipple, didnt think to much until I checked on a couple of websites then got the shock of my life. I was fast tracked by my doctor but then told I have to wait 2 weeks for ultra sound and mamogram and biopsey as they have people on sick and on holiday!!!! I feel like Im going out of my mind. My mother has survived breast cancer as has her sister, but they both had lumps I dont have a lump, the doctor said there was a mass or density to my right breast(which is where the nipple is inverted)more than the left. My nipple isnt inverted all the time and there is no swelling or itchiness. Ive scared myself by looking at websites and all they seem to say is that it is inflamitary breast cancer and anything from stage 3 to 5 when detected. Please can anyone shed some light on this for me. I am happily married with a beautiful daughter who is my life and just cant begin to think of what effect this will have on them. I am so scared and probably racing ahead of myself but just cant function and feel in such limbo. please help xxx

debs

just returned from breast clinic, had maamogram, ultrasound and biopsy, not very pleasant!! Got to go back next week for results, so still waiting! All very unsure about what it is but its very small!

Loulou what happened with you at the Drs? love Debs x

rhapsodyangel

Debs - fingers crossed it all goes well for you today... Hugs

Loulou - Hope you are seeing the doctor today... I was diagnosed last May. At first my breast just turned pink and my GP suggested an infection and prescribed me some antibiotics... But it just got worse over the week and more sore... If they do try and fob you off today please go back and insist that they refer you - hopefully it might just be a cyst - but even then it needs draining... Hugs

debs

thanx kittencat! will let you all know! x

kittenkat

good luck girls - thinking about you...mary x

debs

Hi, don't think I'm going to sleep well tonight, so worried go from thinking it will be ok to the worst imaginable!! Everyone at work reassuring, husband is just as worried as me but is trying not to be! My pain has got worse too! Think I just want to get it over with now, will let you know, thanx for chatting! x

loulou7

hi hope you had a nice time, good luck for tues. going back to docs tom morn, pain has got a lot worse and tabs making my asthma bad, but still trying to be optomistic. let me know how you get on tues, i'll have everything crossed for ya x

debs

hi loulou, I'm back! How have the anti-inflammatries been going? I have my app at the clinic on Tues, boob is more painful now so am getting more worried! let me know how you are, Debs

loulou7

thanks for the support, hope you won't have to wait too long. keep me posted and good luck

strawbstaylor

I just wanted to wish you luck and hope the anti inflamitories(sp?) work for you. I'm awaiting an appointment for the breast clinic for two lumps I've recently found, the waiting apparently is the hardest part. Let us know how you get on xxx

debs

hope the anti-inflammatories work and its nothing more serious, sounds hopeful, but I know what you mean about that itmust be something more serious. Will try to have a break and let my husband not worry for a while too. will be in touch when I get back take care Debs x

loulou7

saw nurse and she conferred with doc got to try anti-inflam for 1 week then go back for possible referal, have now convinced myself that something serious is wrong, but want to give the tabs the chance. thanks for talking its def helping. hope you manage to put it to the back of your head and enjoy your time away. good luck on the 24th i will keep an eye out so please let me know how it goes. thanks again x

debs

Good luck for Friday! I have an appt on 24th Feb. Just keep getting really tearful and imagining the worst! I am away next week but will look to see if you post on Friday night if not will look when I return. x

loulou7

got appointment fri aft wish me luck x

loulou7

debs please keep me posted on how it goes i hope its something that can easily be sorted

loulou7

i feel so bad for you its been reassuring that i'm not alone, but also scary as most people with similar problem have been referred really want to hear them say its nothing. going to call in morn hopefully i won't have to wait long to see someone

debs

I am in exactly the same position as you went to my doctor anf now waiting for an appoinment at clinic. Its reassuring to read your posts but I'm still so scared as I'm sure you are too!

loulou7

thanks for all you comments going to get an appointment for next week i will let you know how it goes, cheers x

mandyt

Hi loulou7,

You must as mole says go to the doctor to get referred to the breast clinic.
You have to get it checked, for your own peace of mind.

My breast was really painfull, I could feel a mass, it turned out to be DCIS which is changes in the cells within the milk ducts.

Please get it checked, and let us know how you get on.

Mandy

ewlija

hi there i have had pain in breast but couldnt feel lumps. consultant felt lumps but were benign. pain is there for a reason so get it checked out i say. good luck!

Molennium

I think you need to go to your doctors and get referred to a breast clinic. It is obviously a symptom of something wrong. Most breast problems turn out to be benign but whatever the result it's better to find out.

Breast cancer can be painful but usually isn't. But if you are worried, you are worried and that is that. Tests can confirm it one way or the other.

I had breast cancer five years ago and I went to the doctors with a painless lump even though I wasn't worried, so it's worth treating any breast symptom seriously.

Mole

loulou7

desperate housewife seeking advice and reassurance

newby here, have had breast pain in r breast for a few weeks has now got severe enough to mean that i can no longer wear a bra, then noticed a swelling as the breast meets my armpit, bit tender but when i wear a bra the pain shoots through my breast. am i being neurotic or should i be worried?