1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagnosed today

Re: diagnosed today

Ladies, your words are so true.

Take the information you are given from the hospital, as this is relevant to you and your treatment. Google is good but often too much information !!

Today I had my last FEC cycle and now have a few weeks to chill and recover before Rads and herceptin.

My diaognosis was last October and finishing chemo seemed a long time away. The day has finally arrived !

It's all done now and some rubbish days to come until I shake off the SEs.

All of you hang on in there - you will get through and then you can celebrate and relax

Love to you all - Lou xx

I keep clicking hug instead of reply. 😀
Im sure we can't have to many hugs so hey ho.
Earlier today I received a private message offering me a free herbal remedy? I ignored it. I figured it was someone tracking down new members to try and sell them alternative remedies, which I'm not interested in. Although my husband was a bit concerned and suggested I report it. I'm thinking it may be linked to these posts.

That's great Optimissy!
Will also post to the othe CCs
ann x

Hi ann-m. I've reported also before I realisied you had done so.

Anniej
Community Champion

Ah, but it won't help me. It will only help you to make money. Unless you are a cancer sufferer you should not be posting here. I have notified the moderator of what I consider to be unsuitable content.  I believe  you are preying on people who are in an extremely vulnerable state, and in my eyes, are therefore completely unscrupulous.

hi everyone
I have reported EH's post to the moderator.

Well I for one, will be sticking to whatever my consultant recommends I throw at it.

Well said, Annie.
EH - please dont promote unproven 'natural' treatments on here.
When it comes down to it, conventional treatments are the best we've got.
Take care everyone, there is lot of cancer 'woo' out there, especially where money is involved.
ann x
Anniej
Community Champion

Esoteric Healer, I do not believe you should be posting on this site. If the goods are so great, and from 'natural' sources then they would be cheap, and the NHS would save a fortune. Until the NHS recommends and uses them I, and I hope others, will be staying well away from people such as yourself.

Hi Sandra.
Sorry to hear about the further treatment you're going to need. Try to stay positive. This is just a blip in your treatment plan. I believe that positivity is our personal weapon against the rubbish life can throw at us and we have to use it. It's in my lymph nodes too, but it won't be for long. Yours either. Xxx

Well done Feelthefear!

I am back in hospital on 3rd May for lymph node removal! I had my lumpectomy on 30 the March although they found a clear margin there were micromets on sentinal node which may have been transferred during biopsy or surgery!

It is a set back because I was just expecting radiotherapy and tamoxifen!

Love your positivity.....I was getting there but back to square one now!

Sandra x

You're right Heather. I've came a long way in a week. Your imagination runs completely away with you when you're first diagnosed. Speaking to others on here has helped me regain perspective. And steering away from google and also the tragic (rare) stories about breast cancer that the media like to publish.
I have an MA in journalism and should of known better. The fact that the majority of people survive this and go on to live normal lives isn't really a story that sells. X

I echo every word you've said. Am feeling much more positive today., we will beat this thing and be stronger because of it. Thank goodness for routine mammograms x

Feelthefear, good to see you are so positive and can now help others on here. It was only last weekend when I saw your post as just being diagnosed and now look how far you have come!   

Heather xx

Forgot to say, I'm now very grateful for my diagnosis. Cancer is like a very sly, wimp. It has been invading my body in secret and without giving me a chance to fight back. Now that I'm onto it, it doesn't stand a chance. X

Hi bellah.
I'm 42 and was diagnosed last week. I'm not sure at what stage I am but it's spread right across my boob (10cm) and is also in at least one lymph node. 😳 Mastectomy and 7 lymph nodes out on may 2.
I was diagnosed on the one year anniversary of my dad's sudden death. It was like a very bad dream. To make things worse I convinced myself that every ache and pain was related and that it had spread. I know how irrational this is during my sane moments but when the fear kicks in its debilitating. I had to sit down in the shower the other day because my jelly legs couldn't keep me up. I've since had a stern word with myself. I CAN and WILL beat this. And no, life won't be the same. It will be even BETTER, because I'll appreciate every day more and I'll be even stronger than I was. Xxx

Thank you Annie,
I know it's early days and I'm sure the sick, scared feeling will ease. It really helps to have such positive messages off all you other ladies xx
Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Bellah, rotten place to be, but BC is so very treatable now. I went on holiday whilst waiting for path results and a treatment plan and I can't even remember getting on the plane! Sheer panic I suppose.

Everyone on this site has a tale to tell, and you can learn so much from their stories, as I have. Use this site, and DO NOT Google. It doesn't help. Ask any questions, and someone will help you along.

Im sending a big virtual hug, and when you feel down, feel free to borrow the big girl knickers we send around!

Good luck. X

Thank you all for your replys, am still feeling very scared and teary today. My daughter says I am allowed today to cry and then we "we kick cancers butt" really helps to hear how strong you and determined you all are xx

Oh Bella, I can totally identify what you're currently going though and what others have been saying to reassure you.  I was diagnosed last August and can honestly say, I have never truly experienced fear until the whole Breast Clinic investigations etc.  

It really helped me to treat diagnosis as something to be dealt with positively.  No-one wants to be there, but diagnosis means treatment, and treatment will get you on your way to a new normal life.  

I didn't cope with the initial stages of diagnosis/surgery/treatment very well (shock and fear I suppose!) and had to resort to taking something from my GP for my anxiety symptoms.  This truly helped me a lot - so don't be worried about seeing your GP (although don't accept Fluoxetine, as it can't be taken with Tamoxifen - and treatment depending, you may be put on this). I'm through treatment now and it's doable!!

Be kind to yourself on the good days and the bad, as they do come in equal measure... and keep in mind all those other women (and men) currently waiting and undergoing treatment.  You really are not alone.  

Chin up and try to remain positive, as you have every reason to be. Good luck x

Hi bellah and Clare, like the other ladies on here I really understand how you are feeling and whilst it is still early days for me things do honestly get easier. Clare I can relate to the bday present I was diagnosed early March 3 days before my 41st birthday...funnily enough I didn't feel like celebrating at all. Knowing your date for surgery will help because then you have something to work towards and like people say try to take one day at a time. When I was diagnosed i went from complete panic to learning more and more about BC and how treatable it is. Also from reading some really positive posts on here I realised that there is life after BC. I am 2 weeks post surgery and find out my next steps next week. I am now taking one day at a time and getting on with life whilst I wait for my appointment. Sending you both my love and best wishes xx

Hi I diagnosed end if Feb with stage 2 and felt the same but surgeon so confident this can be got rid of.

Its still early.

I had op last week to remove growth and some lymph nodes to check. I will get detailed results next week.

There are lots of professionals sorting our care, and loads help to access, like here, at McMillan, I go to support group once a month. Met some amazing people.

I think we react based on what we told years ago, rather then knowing now this can be cured, controlled, ts affects minimised.

Its annoying but so good they can catch much eaflier now.

I am still processing the rollar coaster of emotions, appointments, operations and forthcoming treatments.

Feel sore, bruised and battered but its all to heal me and so pleased they can do this now.

Bit by bit we can do this journey together. 🙂

That's exactly what's happening with me, ringing me Friday afternoon with a surgery date. And I'm also scared that I will always worry about it coming back. But as the nurse told me today take it one day at a time xx

They are discussing it all at the hospital Friday and calling me afterwards to let me know what's next. The only fear I have it could come back afterwards. Hope you hear about your date soonx

That's very true, think it's fear of the unknown. No it's not a good birthday present at all. Are you waiting for a surgery date.

Hi I have my family and friends to support me too. my mum has had it twice and a breast removed but even so I don't want her to worry too much. Great birthday present turned 41 on Friday just gone. Big hugs from me. Glad you have support doesn't stop you feeling scared x

Am so sorry, have got a lovely family who will support me all the way hope you have too. Hopefully we can support each other too xx

Hi Bellah,

I can relate in what you are saying I have too been told today I have stage 2 breast cancer. It hasn't really hit me yet. Hope you have support around you x

Thank you Helena x

Thank you, haven't stopped crying yet, thought I was made of sterner stuff. Hope you're treatments going well xx

bellah

Welcome to the place where no one wants to be but you will get sooo much help and support on here from the wonderful ladies.

It is a lot to take in at once, give yourself time to adjust to your diagnosis. Breast cancer treatment these days is very effective and successful.  I know you dont think it now but you will get through this and come out the other side.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

I'm so sorry you've found yourselves here. This is definitely the hardest time. As soon as you've got a treatment plan in place things move very quickly. Life will never be the same again but it will settle down to a new normal. I'm 15months on from my diagnosis but can still remember the day I found out. Love and hugs xx

Hi Sandra
Thanks for reply, hope everything goes well for you x

Hi Bellah

I know exactly how you feel! I am a bit further on than you! I had a lumpectomy and SNB and having more surgery to take out additional nodes! I am stage 2 as well! It is all very scary but we'll get there.

Sandra x

diagnosed today

Was told today I have stage 2 breast cancer, feel so sick and scared. Feel that life will never be the same again