diagnosed with breast cancer

Hi, Just found out i have breast cancer, I have to see a consultant next week. I have told the breast nurse i want my breast removing. Just dont know what is ahead of me. I am happy to find this site x

Hi there,
Sorry you have found yourself here. I have to say I have found this site a tremendous source of support. Do you have any treatment plan yet?
Once you do there is a lot of experience on here and the ladies are wonderful with advice ( I was diagnosed mid feb at 36).
Please don’t think you are isolated or alone and please to come to the boards to share or ask anything. There is no such thing as a daft question.
Rae
X

Hi everyone. Just thought I’d introduce myself and start to try and get involved in your discussions etc. I was diagnosed with two lumps in march, I am getting a mastectomy with reconstruction in 2weeks. Just when I got my head round this my lymph node biopsy came back and one I’m getting all nodes removed followed by chemo and radiotherapy, ( something both the breast doc and the pastic surgeon thought unlikely ) it’s like being diagnosed all over again. I feel back to square one. I have so many things to get my head round now… I think it’s probably time I got involved with the real experts… You guys… Instead of lurking in the posts. I’m 46, and a single mum.

Hi miss led uk and Elli

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

As well as the support you both receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Everyone

Got diagnosed with grade 3 yesterday, having op on 8th May to remove lymph nodes and lumpectomy. Been frightening myself silly with google self-diagnosing secondaries in lungs. Was doing ok, family responded with our usual bad taste humour, but fell apart at work today when my rather matter of fact boss cried and hugged me.

Thanks for being here x

Hi smudge, I’m getting mastectomy on the 3rd may, found out yesterday that I’ve to get all my nodes removed and to be followed by chemo and rads. Up till now I was doing good, I didn’t go to work because I know I couldn’t face people… I think us strong people sometimes have to know it’s ok to cry and be distressed because this is a rotten thing to get your head round. Good luck with the op and it sounds like your family will keep you smiling…

Hi ladies,
One word of advice. Don’t google. I fell in to that trap myself. I had a sentinel node biopsy and my lymph nodes came back positive. I was then convinced it had spread elsewhere and I was almost planned my own funeral. Daft I know. I had a ct scan and everything else came back clear.
I know it’s a scary time and life feels like its been turned on its head. But we will get there. I am the type of person that needs to know all the facts and I csnbe fiercely independent at times. I have to say during this I have found out who my friends are. And people do surprise you.
We can get through this together. I have not had my mx yet as I am having chemo first, so if you have any chemo questions plead ask. I am sure I will be coming to you with mx ones.
Hugs to all,
Rae
X

Hi everyone, I’ve also just diagnosed with BC last friday the 13th. I’ve joined and been reading all the threads in this forum. I’ve just had my MRI and CT scan and going back to the doctor today for the results. I don’t know much about my cancer yet and the doctor told me last week when he broke the news that after the 2 tests, he will be able to explain everything to me.
To raechi: I also have a fear that the cancer spread to other places too when he said he wants me to do tests like NRI and CT scan. I feel a little better than last week when I went to get my results of cancer but still a little nervous. Its really scary and I know exactly what you talking about planning your own funeral. Although I didn’t really google anything and just stick to talking in forums like this one.
I just found that after joining all these forums and talking to all these ladies that a big percentage of us who has BC is between 30 to 40 years old. Its alarming that it is this way. You would know that if you’re not going through it or working in this environment.