cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagnosed yesterday 3/6/15

55 REPLIES 55
fallenangel64

Re: diagnosed yesterday 3/6/15

Not too sore ti be honnest managing without painkillers. Doing too much but thats tge way I roll.get to look at my wounds tomorrow. Should be fun xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

One hurdle over with, hope you not too sore!
Blondie223

Good to hear that you're back home fallen angel, onwards and upwards xx
fallenangel64

Through the other side.bit rough after an esthetic so was kept in but home now snd hopefully on the Road to recovery. Can't wait to get dressings done they are driving mr bonkers.feeks like I have spiders in my boob lol . Thanks again for your good wishes. Keep fighting girls xx
Blondie223

Good luck for tomorrow fallen angel, I had guide wire and WLE last Wednesday, once you get there you'll be home in what seems like no time. x
missmore

Good luck tomorrow x you're gonna be home before you know it x

Cesrabbit

Good luck for op tomorrow. I was feeling like you this time last week. Wire insertion was fine and so was further mammos straight after as you are given a local. It was all pretty straightforward. I think the waiting for results is far more painful than surgical procedures! Let us know how you get on. x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck ,before you know if you will be back home a little groggy and sore ,but cancer removed.Guide wire is like core biopsy if you have had one,a bit of a faff mammograms to confirm location,local anaesthetic and then wire inserted in couple of mins ,quicker than biopsy not painful, but does take about 20 mins as they take mammograms to make sure it's in the right place.Thinking of you tomorrow.Jill.
fallenangel64

Well surgery in the morning . 29th . quietly pooping myself. Think the guide wire bit is bugging me the most.but hey this time tomorrow it will be a memory . thinking of you all take care xx
Jennifed

Dear fallen angel as you can see - you are not alone in taking this miserable journey. Some of us are a few weeks further down the line but we all, identify with what you are feeling. Wish I could help more - my only advice is to hang on to the inspirational stories and encouraging stories on these pages from wonderful women who have or are going through this and still find the time to tune and help ithose of us who have just been diagnosed. This site has saved me a few times and so I hope it helps you too. X
fallenangel64

good luck with your upcoming ops girls mines the 29th am a smoker and had a past heart attack(10 years ago) so yep crapping it lol.keeping in work till my pre op then think i will take the last few days off to sort my head out.keep smiling ladies xxx

Jobey68

You can ask me anything! I had two weeks off following my op which they advised to allow everything to heal, I wasn't in any pain really but just took things steady and left all the hard work to hubby, I was back driving after 10 days and my wounds healed really well, and had no problems at all with them, I went back to work then as rads didn't start for about 6 weeks and I've worked all through them, I booked all appointments for around 4-5 pm as I work until 3 and have felt absoloutly fine xx
Blondie223

Thanks Kim, do you mind me asking if you returned to work etc in between surgery and Rads? x
Jobey68

I had my op on 27th march...results on 9th April..oncologist on 21st April then Rads started on 19th May , they have to give you time to heal and this seems to be the norm from a lot of people ive spoken too xx
Blondie223

This time next week you might be heading home then Jill, knowing that the bliddy thing has been taken out, weeee!

Six to nine weeks sounds a long time, if that's the case here then I'll be looking to go back to work soon as poss after surgery, they ugh I might just be off for one chunk of time, as well as odd days like today, and for appointments.
Jill1998
Community Champion

My husband is losing the plot there is so much stress to deal with so many appointments.I have been told 6 to 9 weeks after op for rads.Know what you mean about work almost impossible to concentrate on anything else with this going on.My op brought forward to next Thursday.eek!
Blondie223

Thanks all x

Damn, another wait then, least I'm prepared for it though. Next question (sorry), roughly how long do people wait between surgery and radiotherapy? Looking around it seems like it might be months?

I went to work yesterday but didn't feel able to cope when I woke up this morning, so I'm putting myself first and haven't bothered going in. I told my manager yesterday what was going on and that I had no clue if I'd be in work, off work, or in and out for a while.

Other half is being fab, I keep thinking how would I feel if it was him who was "ill", and I'd be terrified.
Jennifed

My husband - who has been a tower of strenght thus far - seems to have caved in today.  We  had to cancel our holiday, ( we should be off to the States tomorrow to meet up with my brother and his wife) and I found out today that he hasn't done it.  It seems that the people we booked through OPODO (don't ever use them) have not cancelled the flights - despite emails and phone calls - and we can't claim on our insurance unless they are cancelled.  It has driven him mad and now we stand to loose 2k.  I can't believe it - but then I can because of course, this is happening to him too so I can't be mad at him, can I?   It's just awful and i'm really p*****d off too  with all these unsolicitated funeral emails that I am receiving. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

I have been shocked at how badly it has affected my husband ,it definitely is happening to both of us .
Jobey68

He really is, he had a good cry when I was first diagnosed then picked himself up and dragged me through it all, literally some days when I was being vile and refusing to get out of bed! One day I said to him you have no idea it's not happening to you and he said isn't it ?? That really made me stop and think about how I would feel if it was him! 😕
Jill1998
Community Champion

Can I borrow him ?!!!Sounds like a star!We are both still in shock I think.
Jobey68

Think it depends on your op day, mine was on a Friday so they wouldn't have had my results back the following Thursday which is results day so I had to wait until the following one, I'm sure they had them before then though!
Jobey68

Im glad to be of some help Jill, reading all your posts takes me back to diagnosis time and it could be me writing it as I felt exactly the same, it's such a surreal time and one you never think you will get your head around but you will do, it's just a time thing, you have to go through the shock process but you do pick up and accept its actually happening and no amount of hiding under the duvet will make it go away... Trust me I tried!! A Good support network helped get me through, fabulous family and friends and the best husband ever who was always positive and took total control of everything so I didn't have to think about a thing, he's been an absolute angel! Xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Seems to be minimum of 8 days to up to 2 weeks from the people I have talked to here.
Jobey68

Hi Blondie, I had a 13 day wait, I think 2 weeks is the norm but I've heard from some who have had a 4 week wait, depends where you are in the country, I'm in the south west . I didn't find it as bad as the week wait after my initial biopsy to confirm I had cancer, i was quite euphoric after the op knowing it was gone and just focused on recovering so to be honest the time did pass quite quickly,,there is nothing you can do other than wait. It seems to be all about waiting! My results only confirmed what the biopsy had suggested so I had no nasty surprises but they are so calm about it all that no matter what they find they will have a plan in place and get you sorted xx
Blondie223

Kim, can I ask how long you had to wait after your op for results? I was only diagnosed yesterday so it's a bit of a blur but I think the surgeon said I would see him a few weeks after the op, that sounds a long time to wait?

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Jo , you are always a calming influence!
Jobey68

Jill I had the most horrendous palpitations and felt I could barely breathe at times, I had to take Diazapan along with an antidepressant just to cope through each day, it's all due to the stress, I would wake feeling ok then it would hit me and the palpitations would over whelm me to the point of almost having a full blown panic attack at the thought of just getting out of bed, thankfully we had a 4 month old puppy so I had to get up! It's all part of the process and I started to feel more in control and mentally more stable the more information I got, op day was my turning point and although it wasn't nice waiting on the results just the thought that the "b*****d had been removed was a great feeling xx Jo
Jill1998
Community Champion

I can puke on demand too!

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes horrible not being on control isn't it.I have appt with surgeon 9.15 tomorrow .
Blondie223

We're the same day then Jill, we'll be able to swap notes once we're back typing Smiley Wink

I'll bet the palpitations are anxiety, I have a pretty constant physical feeling of anxiety in my chest and stomach, and am so churned up that I have spells of retching, sometimes until I am actually sick. It's rubbish but we'll both get there. Smiley Happy

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Blondie ,welcome to this rubbish club!Scary times indeed.I have my op booked for 24 the but have to have ECG as having palpitations ,probably anxiety ,
hoping it won't delay things as just want to get on with it now.Jill.
Blondie223

Well, another newly diagnosed here, was told yesterday that although the lump I went to have investigated was fine, while the radiographer was looking at it on ultrasound she spotted a suspect 6mm area elsewhere. It was that that she took core biopsy from and it turns out to be a stage one (at least that's what it looks like so far). Had chest xray (scary as I smoked for years until I gave up over a year and a half ago, so that's frightening me).

Lumpectomy etc booked in for 24th, then radiotherapy a few weeks later, providing status remains stage 1.

Scary times.

Blondie223

I know exactly what you mean about feeling anxious and sad Jill1998, gorgeous sunny day though helps lifts the spirits a little. x

Jill1998
Community Champion

I woke feeling positive this morning sun is shining ,
lovely day,hope the feeling lasts a little while, feeling anxious and sad is exhausting
fallenangel64

hope you feel a little brighter jennifed xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hey you are not the only one that feels that way!We will get through it.Saw my GP for first time today since diagnosis he said very good outcomes for breast cancers now, more likely to get run over by bus if caught early here's hoping.....
fallenangel64

I find this forum somewhere I can run to when things get too much . Just a word from someone takes away the loneliness.the fear and the sadness. Thank you everyone for your support. I hope to be here for you all too . Take care out there xx
Jennifed

Dear fallen angel - I am a member of the new-girls club too and my surgery is a week today. You will gradually start to cope with this but be prepared for the sudden return of the dark moods. I'm nearly 3 weeks on from diagnosis and l am having longer periods of forgetting about BC but a trip back to hospital yesterday sent me back to square one again. I had a bad day yesterday too - must be Monday syndrome! Isn't it good to know you are not alone? Hope you have a good day. X
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hope you feel better today I had a rough one too, but today not so bad so far ....it comes and goes .
fallenangel64

Had a rough day yesterday suppose its all part of coming to terms with things. One min im fine next really low.i doubt there's a particular way to behave. Hopefully the head mash will pass . still scared of the opp.guess everyone is.need to perk up xx
Kiki2

I was also diagnosed after call back from my first routine mammogram, between Xmas and New Year! Quite expected the all clear then told DCIS in two places (although as it turned out quite a bit more) so mx left side and I chose to have reconstruction at same time. Sentinel node removed but clear so on tamoxifen for five years , few side effects so far! Back at work and getting used to my fake boob although it still feels weird and probably always will! I like you was so relieved they caught it early! Good luck with your surgery ! Xx
missmore

Hi Jill - if you feel like talking pm me x sheena x
Jill1998
Community Champion

I found it doesn't really feel like it's happening to me.Wake up thinking there must be some mistake.
fallenangel64

all seems a bit unreal right now xx
fallenangel64

🙂 thanx cassieb xx
fallenangel64

thankyou for sharing,helps a lot xx
fallenangel64

how weird is that,my hubby is 12 years clear now.xx tc hunni xx
fallenangel64

thankyou so much ladies,so nice not to feel alone and see the good outcomes.still feeling a little numb but carrying on doing same as normal.one thing i have noticed is a tierdness,no matter how  well i sleep i end up knackered at least twice a day,is this normal?wishing each and everyone of you good luck,take care ,much love xxx

missmore

Hi fallenangel - I had your shocker as well! Isn't it amazing how many of us get told you have breast cancer without knowing anything is wrong. The 29th will seem like an awful long time away but there are lots of us here for you to vent you feelings and to help support you x hugs x