diagnosis grade 2 invasive breast cancer

Hi all,

First time I’ve ever used a forum.

Not sure how to feel? Saw dr today and told I have cancer. Having watched my mum n dad die of cancer (1979 n 1989) im pretty scared. I have to have a 2nd op on 21st Jan to remove more breast tissue n I have to have a few lymph nodes  removed for analysis. I live on my own n although I have a beautiful daughter to support me n friends I feel so alone. I have some christian faith but now the chips are down im feeling a bit lost. Anyone out there who feels similar? Thx for taking the time to read this post xxx:smileysad:

Hi loobylou111

Welcome to the BCC forums, here you will find support from your fellow users and also please feel free to call our helpliners for further support, lines are open 9-5’weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to further information and support ideas from BCC including our ‘Live chat’ which you may also find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

You’ll find people here very supportive. I hope all goes well with your surgery. Waiting for that is difficult but I just took one day at a time. The chips aren’t really down. Breast cancer is very treatable and you’ll find things move on. I was diagnosed in July. Op in August and another to clear margins in September. Radiotherapy in November and I have an appointment on Monday with oncologist for checkup. Take care of yourself and keep posting.

Hi Loobylou111,

I am so sorry that you have had such devastating news, it is such a difficult time but your not alone.  The people on this forum are fantastic and very supportive.  You can ask all the questions you want and someone will always come up with a positive whilst all you will be finding is negatives right now.  I am sure you will be scared especially losing your mum and dad with cancer “hugs”, lean on those around you that you feel you can and tell them your fears.  I have amazing support but everyone keeps telling me how such a strong person I am and to be honest I just want to scream!!!  I am normally strong but this is so different and I feel like I am a utter mess somedays and have no strength at all.  Do you have someone who can come with you to all these appointments (they seem never ending!), I find having my daughter with me such a massive help and support.  All the questions we ask, my daughter writes down the answers and we discuss them later.  I pick out all the negatives and never hear any positives but she reminds me of them which really helps.

Keep in touch with people on here it really is a great help, and most importantly dont feel your alone

xxx

Hi loobyloo111
On 2nd June 2014, I was where you are now. Scared, outfaced by the journey ahead, confused, lost and generally head in a mush.

Fast forward to today and I have just put in my first week of part time hours leading me back into work, following mastectomy, reconstruction, lymph clearance and chemotherapy. I haven’t yet reached the destination, but the roller coaster has levelled out and the journey has become much smoother. I have made some great friends and had fabulous support from the ladies on this forum. We’ve laughed and we’ve cried together, and we’ve held each other’s hands along the way.

You will find your support in places you never expected. Friends will rise, unasked, to the challenge and you will get through it. You will find that angels exist in places you never imagined… and before you know it, you will be looking back like me thinking “wow… that was a hellish bumpy ride but I’m through it”.

Once the cycle of treatment starts it will all start to come more into perspective and you can focus on getting better. Meanwhile, you’ve come to the right place… all the ladies on here know exactly how you are feeling. Remember also that cancer treatments have come such a long way over recent years and the prognosis is really very good.

Hugs xx

Hi loobyloo, really sorry that you gp have had to join club, I was diagnosed on 3/12 with grade 3 invasive Ductal, lumpectomy and node removal on 5/1 so for me the first round is over and now waiting for results. The waiting is the worst bit so please be kind to yourself, try and do little normAl things and check this forum regularly as the support and love you get is awesome, nothing like it and everyone is really helpful. Cheryl x

Hi Loobylou, sorry you’ve had to join us but as groups go, this one has some truly amazing and inspirational members :slight_smile:

I’m also single and live alone and one of the things I learned in the month since I was diagnosed is that this is no time to cling on to our independent ways.  Friends WANT to help us, and lets face it we need the help at the moment so lean on people as much as you can and use this forum too to get support, advice or just to remind yourself you are not alone, we are all here to help you

x

Sharon

Sending love, you’re not alone. 

Xxx

We’re all here too and we found each other. Its an appalling shock.  My surgeon said it is very treatable,  its very well funded. 

Talk to us, wail and stamp your feet… no need for a brave face as we understand.  Do read the humour boards,  but dont google the information, here is much better. And up to date

Hugs

Xx

Sandie

Hi loobylou i felt just the same back in November i couldnt believe it was happening but with the fantastic care from the surgeon mcmillan nurses and of course these lovely ladies on here i feel so much positive on 23rd Dec i had a lumpectomy/sentinel biopsy the waiting is the worst part my results were good and bad clear margins no lymph involvement but i am Her2 pos so i need chemo so thats the next step for me try and keep positive and you know we are always here for you. loave Judi xxxx

Thank you all for your positive replies xxx

Hi Lynne - just offering a bit of post op supportx hope you doing ok
Sarah