dimple near nipple

hi. last fall I started to have dry skin on just my rt nipple. I would put lotion on it -it would clear up then come back a few weeks later etc. It was slightly itchy also. Then around the beginning of May I noticed a slight dimple directly next to the nipple. The skin is still slightly dry nothing too bad. I had a diagnostic mammmo and u/s both were neg. At this time I also noticed starting at the dimple there seems to be a crease going directly thru the nipple about 3/4 of the way. I was sent to a breast surgeon who told me this was normal and not to worry about it. Well of course this is all I have been doing. My nipple looks weird and I can’t imagine that this is normal. Has anyone ever had there nipple start to look goofy and nothing was wrong?
The changes are not drastic, but I am definitely noticing them.

Hi chrsham

It maybe worth going back to your GP as you’re still concerned.

We are told to get to know our breasts and to report any changes and it sounds as if your breast/nipple has changed.

I think when there isn’t a lump therefore nothing to biopsy we end up not totally sure we’re in the clear, I had a similar thing and although I’ve subsequently had pain (hot, burning sensation) in that nipple I didn’t get referred back to the hospital because the GP couldn’t feel a lump!

Wishing you all the best

Sandra

ps have you thought about speaking to your breast care nurse or giving the Breast Cancer Care helpline a call?

Hi crsham,

As Sandra has mentioned please do give the BCC helpline a call and speak to one of our trained members of staff. Here you are able to share your concerns and receive support and information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm.

I hope this helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi I have drastic tingly itchy nipple-it only takes one touch or rub on clothing to set it off. I had mamo that came back normal. Tho was diagnised with benign Breast disease 15 years ago. I’m now 48. Still worried about this itching and Doctors wont do anything.Think if it was both doing it I would think it ok! but jsut the one. Doesnt seem right.
Nigela x