dimpling

hi everyone

back here after 2 years. i had an excitional vaccuum 2 years ago which turned out to be a papilomma. i feel something isnt right with the same breast, green liquid again which im not worried about, but been in pain with the breast going up to underarm, also ive noticed a small amount of dimpling underneath below the aereola, my mum had breast cancer 2 years ago also affected my nan and all her sisters and other members of family dont know wether to say to doctor as dont want to waste their time. 

any advice welcome thanks

jules

Hi and welcome to this lovely forum full of wonderful ladies who will help and support you.

You know what for just peace of mind I would make that appointment with the doctor and get it checked out, likelihood is that it is nothing but even IF it is it is better to get it sorted out sooner, you would not be wasting anyones time.  A lot of breast conditions turn out not to be cancerous, but I think with the family history you are talking about it would be prudent to have those checks done.

Let us know how you get on

Helena x

Always best to be safe, and you know your body better than anyone.

It might well be nothing, but why take the chance.  You won’t be wasting anyone’s time - this is what doctors are here for.  As worried as you might be, it makes sense to get it checked.

You are going to have these days… This is perfectly normal and just because you are having a bad day does not mean you will get bad news. The waiting game is a real roller-coaster… Way too much thinking time. We know how it feels. Be kind to yourself and keep talking, it really does help x

Thank you moggy . Had to cancel my dr appointment as am flying to london , spoke to her though she is writing tjem to try and expedate the appointment, thank you gor your supportive messages xx

Hi moggy breast clinic just rang my appointment on monday, my daughter feeling better thank you x

So pleased they brought it forward. Will be thinking of you Monday x

Hi moggy all clear for me so chuffed thank you for support xx

Brand newbie here. Mine is more of an indent than a dimple. Noticed it back end of October, early November. It was only visible when I raised my arm up and is to the top right of my breast. I could feel the indents when I raised my arm but there was no lump. There’s actually 2, both are sort of oval ish shapes, 1 shorter than the other and close together. I didn’t worry too much but when they were still there in January I was a bit bothered so went to my GP. She couldn’t even see it despite me pointing it out. It felt a bit tender when she examined it so I told her. She said that could be down to the point in my menstrual cycle so said to come back in a few weeks at a different point. I came home feeling slightly uneasy and took a photograph so I could check I wasn’t imagining it.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and the indents are longer and I think deeper (when I say deeper they aren’t at all deep but they seem more pronounced now if that makes any sense). I rang for an appointment but had to wait a few days. Took another picture so I could prove it to dr. Had appointment last mon (13th, also my son’s 14th birthday) and she could see it straight away this time. She looked at the photos as well as examining me. Still no lump but she referred me on the 2 week pathway. Told me she really doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about but it does need checking out. I got choose and book letter on friday but was not able to do it as the appointments hadn’t been released into the system. Choose and book told me they’d notify the clinic and they would contact me within 7 days and that appointment could be up to a further 13 days. That would have made it nearly 4 weeks from seeing my GP. Felt I couldn’t wait that long so rang hospital myself this afternoon and spoke to about 4 different people (who were all so lovely) and they rang me back late afternoon with appointment on Thursday afternoon. Feel very weird - like I’m 2 people almost. 1 is absolutely terrified but is hanging on to the fact the dr isn’t worried (well trying to at least) and the other is quite calm about it all as she knows it’s cancer and just wants to find out the plan. Can anyone relate to that? Anyway, sorry for the waffle and hope I’ve done everything “right” on here.

I will Jules. I’m not surprised you’re worried- can you get a second opinion? I hadn’t had any pain whatsoever but bizarrely this evening it hurts where the indents are! Think it must be psychosomatic!! Have only told 1 friend as hubby would be destroyed by it and it’s not worth it if it is nothing. Told my boss this evening as she will have to sort cover and asked if she will let my friend come too as don’t think I could face it on my own. Thankfully she will so at least I will have someone with me. Will be thinking of you and hope you get more satisfactory answers very soon. X

Hi I’m having exact the same thing I’ve been to the breast clinic twice with a dimple under right breast over a 2 year period…it’s like a thumb print in playdoh and my breast is square when lean forward.ive never had a reason for it other than loss of tissue in the area of dimple and no lump although they nly scan the area of dimple not whole breast. The last fortnight I’ve been having severe pain and burning in whole breast and wonder are/shoulder…I’m convinced it’s ibc especially as it isn’t picked up on ultrasound.im driving myself crazy obsessed with looking and feeling breast for redness and hotness…I do feel it’s heavier and firmer but don’t know if it’s my anxiety. The pain came on after 2 days of painting the stairs in which I only used a child’s stool to reach right to ceiling…I’m hoping it is a pulled muscle as I can’t face the Dr’s again I feel they don’t believe me as I’ve told them I know I suffer with health anxiety.would painting cause a pulled muscle and pain? The dimple is no bigger than it was 2 years ago but I can’t help but talk myself into having ibc. I hope you both get sorted soon the worst thing is not having a reason for it…you feel you can’t move on x

Thankyou for quick response that’s exactly like my pain…not pain as such more burning and stabbing soreness.im so scared and anxious of ibc and constantly prodding .I’m hoping it is a pulled muscle .I’ve not got a Dr’s appt but think I will try get one I just don’t feel they understand as I’ve already been and been discharged. I hope ures eases and you can move on from this x

I totally understand that I feel the same. You go back …keep in touch xxx

Really feel for both of you. I guess you have to keep going back til you find a dr that really listens. Can you ask them to explain WHY your symptoms are NOT what you fear. I think I’d need to know that quite clearly. If symptoms worsen they have got to listen surely. Hugs to you both (of the gentle variety) x

hi jobo & jules,
Honestly, of all the things it can be, IBC is rare & the least likely reason for your symptoms, espcially as clinic appointments did not find concerns. There are many much more common reasons for your symptoms & it sounds like more clarification & explanation is needed, so a chat with the gp may be in order.
Medical appointments are stressful & we all think of things afterwards that we want clarification on when we’ve had time to think about it.
ann x

Having a bit of a wobble and struggling to hold it together right now. Not sure I’ll sleep tonight. Keep telling myself this time tomorrow I’ll know whether I am worrying about nothing or something buthat right now it’s hard.

How did you get on at hospital fineyfinehope ? Hope everything went well. And have you been bk to Dr’s jules? I went bk and told Dr about the constant burn pain in breast and armpit but she said it was my anxiety and concentrated on that.its made my anxiety worse and can’t help thinking about having cancer as my breast feels so strange especially where the dimples are and this morning I’ve woken up with swelling over my colleague bone in same side. I can’t go bk to doctors but I can’t get it out my head I’m so upset with it all…feel like until I get it looked at again I can’t rest x

Oh Jojo that is horrendous! Definitely try and see a different dr - I’d even consider going to an out of hours one - do you have a walk in centre near you? Just say it’s got unbearable and that’s why you are going out of hours.

So, I had my appointment yesterday. Started by seeing Dr - he said it felt ok had mammogram (oweeeee!) and ultra sound and radiographer said everything was fine and I could leave. Felt a bit nonplussed as when I first saw her she asked what had brought me there and I said the indentations and it was tender when GP examined it. Then when she’d said I could leave I asked her what might have caused it she said “hormones can cause pain” so I had to say it wasn’t pain I was worried about it was the indentations. She said that as you get older the composition of the breast changes and whereas when you are younger they are very (cannot for the life of me remember what she said) now I’m getting older they become more fatty so that’s probably it. Whilst I am obviously relieved I’m just not quite convinced (honestly some people are impossible to please aren’t they!) I had to ask if they would compare with previous mammogram images and she said they would but they hadn’t done it yet as they didn’t have them - they were at a different centre but they would request them and check them next week. I’m meant to be getting a copy of the report sent to GP so hopefully that will mention the comparison. I kind of thought I’d see the dr again after the mammogram and scan so had questions ready to ask that I didn’t get to ask. So yes I’m relieved but it’s not quite the relief I hoped for. Thanks so much everyone for your support. Xxx

Really hoping things are ok for you Jules xxx

Oh I’m so pleased everything seems OK for you…I feel slightly reassured that another person has a dimple or 2 that is normal again.can I ask is your breast square in the one with dimple at the bottom? I’m only 32 so more worried it has already spread if I have it… it’s the swelling that scenting me and the pain almost like stinging underarm. I know what u mean I was told they couldn’t find anything said something like tightend ligaments but only scanned over dimple I hoped they would do all and underarm… it’s making me just watched my breastse removed the anxiety I’m getting with it is awful and I’m struggling to be positive around my 2 young children. Hopefully you can relax now…and I hope the next visit goes well for you jukes. I think I will go bk to Dr’s next week I feel they think I’m crazy. Thankyou all xx