doctor said wait another 4 weeks

Hi I found a lump in my right breast which hurts when you press it. I decided to wait a week and see if it’s gone. It wasn’t so I went to the docord today. She said it feels like thickening and she didn’t seem concerned at all. She said if it’s not gone in 4 weeks come back. Should I not be worried because it felt ok to her ? Did any one else get the same answer and it turned out to be bad ? Thanks

Hi Pas1

Welcome to the BCC forum.  You might find it helpful to give our Helpline a call to talk this over.  They will be able to offer you some information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Pas1, yes I was the same. I went to my gp when I found a lump and was asked to return in 4 weeks if it was still there. I think it’s just so they can rule out wether it’s connected with your monthly cycle because a lot of changes happen during that time. It is pretty normal practice though so don’t think you’re being fobbed off. If it’s still there then they will refer you. Hope that helps :slight_smile: xx