70495members
370826posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anybody know the chances of getting pregnant while on Zoledax?

6 REPLIES 6
fantan

Re: does anybody know the chances of getting pregnant while on Zoledax?

Hi Emily

I was on zoladex for 2 years and am still on tamoxifen.

My onc told me to use contraception whilst on tamoxifen on its own, but as the zoladex puts you into a false menopause it would be ok not to use it. Then we looked at the manufacturers leaflet which said to use contraception. He was very puzzled as to why so got in touch with them. They said it was because of a risk of ectopic pregnancy. I have to say we didn't bother with contraception and I think the onc was shocked when we told him!. I suppose my age and the fact that I only got pregnant once when we were trying were factors. I'm now 51 and finished zoladex 14 mths ago. We use condoms now. I rather hoped that I would have been through the menopause at the same time as the zoladex but no such luck! I had a period 3 weeks ago!

As Debbie said - just follow their advice.

Take care

fantan

CassieJL

Emily, the poor response you are getting on this thread is probably due to the fact that many of the younger users will be looking at the Younger Women forums...might be an idea to repost there?

ForumMember

Hi

I had the Mirena coil fitted at the time of orig op - had it for 5 years and had no real problems with this.
I was going to have another fitted but Onc decided to whip my ovaries out instead - I didnt have a problem with this as I am 42.

HTH

Anne xx

debbi

I was told to use condoms for about a month and then no need as you cant get pregnant,I take tamoxifen and zoladex too.Been on it over 2 years now,and just followed there advice.

CassieJL

Hi Emily,
I saw my onc on Monday and brought up contraception (have just started on tamoxifen and zoladex to follow)...she didn't say anything about womb shrinkage and Zoladex, she just said to avoid hormonal methods. I told her I had been on the coil (non-hormonal) and she had no objection. Would be interested in others' comments.

Cassie

Sam_BCC

Hi Emily

Whilst you wait for the you fellow forum users to reply with their experience and advice you may find it helpful to call the BCC helpline and talk this through with one of out trained members of staff. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000 and the line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

I hope this wil help answer some of your questions.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

ForumMember

does anybody know the chances of getting pregnant while on Zoledax?

Hi,

just wondering if any of you are on zoledax,if you are what contraception are you using aside from condoms and what is available? my doctor said i cant have the coil as the zoledax may shrink the womb and cause the coil to rupture the womb!! im on tamoxafen and i have noticed that this can be used to increase fertility and it worries me,i had the hormone receptor cancer and cant have hormone contraception.

also does any body no the chances of getting pregnant whilst on zoledax and tamoxifen.

thanks
emily.