cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double lumpectomy

4 REPLIES 4
Fresia67

Re: double lumpectomy

Hi, I had two lumps removed from my left breast in January although not lobular cancer. One was a benign tumour and the other was a grade 1 idc. I have very small boobs and you can hardly see where one of the lumps has been removed and the scar is really neat &  very tiny. The only reason you can see where the other one has been removed is because of the position as it was right at the side of my nipple. 

If there's anything I can help you  with I'll be happy to try, sorry you have found yourself in this position x

tinselgirl

Thank you for your reply. One area showed up on a mammogram and the other area showed during the subsequent mri scan.. Both were confirmed by biopsy.

wax2014

Hi , I was dx with lobular bc in Jan, I was just wondering if you have had an MRI scan on your breast? I was told I had two areas to start with from the ultrasound but when I had an mri it turned out to be one tumour that hadn't shown up..as lobular sometimes does. Just wondered as this would help you decide which operation to have if you were at all unsure. I am sure someone on this site will have had this procedure and will be able to advise. Best of luck with whatever you decide..big hugs from another lobular lady xxxx
June_BCC

Hello Tinselgirl

Whilst waiting for replies to your post maybe you would like to give our free helpline a call where the staff can offer practical information as well as emotional support.  The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

tinselgirl

double lumpectomy

Hi Just spoken to my consultant today who told me that a second biopsy was positive but they could carry out a double lumpectomy removing two areas of lobular cancer from the same breast. Just wondered if anyone else has had this treatment.