cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ec n tax 11th feb anyone on this!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ec n tax 11th feb anyone on this!

Hi Rozita,

I'm triple neg too, was presribed 4xEC,4xPaclitaxel,but like Paula I had my last Tax cancelled.
I had my chemo before a lumpectomy to shrink the tumour & although I did have a rough time on EC the chemo did it's job & really shrunk the lump.
I had been dreading the Tax,especially after all I'd read about possible SE's but I have to say I faired pretty well on it.Everyone seems to react differently,you just have to take each one as it comes & try your best to deal with any SE's.
You'll get lots of tips & advice on here so keep posting.

I finished my treatment middle of Sept 09 and started back at work beginning of Jan.

Good luck,thinking of you,

Little H xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Rozita - I am also triple negative. Have just had the 2nd FEC treatment last Thursday. Got 3xFEC and 3XTax. SE's are manageable - worse is sickness, but maybe that is the F doing it. Found the oncs very good at responding to changes in medication and this time they gave me something called EMEND to stop the sickness which seems to have worked.

Triple neg means that we have two things to fight the cancer with - chemo and radio rather than ongoing hormones, so I try to think of that fight going on whenever I feel lousy.

Good luck to you with it all!!

hi Rozita- I have just had my 4th EC of 6 Not having Tax. I have been lucky and not had any sickness or nausea and other side effects have been very managable. i had followed the Ist chemo tomorrow thread for advice before starting chemo and most of the ladies had some degree of sickness so I wonder if it is the F in FEC that caused them the biggest problem. That thread has loads of advice on coping with SE's, as does top tips to get through chemotherapy. Biggest problem was constipation caused by anti-sickness medication but my onc. halved the dose for my 2nd and subsequent ones and I take lactolose the day before and until I finish meds. and this has done the trick. Also found avoiding meat and eating prunes during this time also works. The day of my "nd sssion I went out for a curry with my pilates session and was fine. Just be prepared and think positive and take it as it comes because we all react differently. Good luck, will be thinking of you, Love Marli.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya - I am triple negative and was down to have 4 EC and then 4 Tax - but my oncologist cancelled my last Tax which was to take place yesterday as I appear to have had such a positive response to the chemo (fingers crossed!).

There are lots of threads on here about side effects - some say EC is easier and others say Tax is. EC tends to make you more sicky whereas with Tax the main side effect seems to be joint and bone ache.

I was very very scared before my first chemo - sat crying in the waiting room - but all the chemo nurses I saw (all 9 of them over the 4 months) were lovely and very understanding.

Send me an e-mail if you think I can be of any further help or support.

Good luck - Paula x

ec n tax 11th feb anyone on this!

Hi just found out yestoday im going to have 4 ec n then 4 tax then 4 weeks radiotherapy. most seem to b on fec they said im negative is that th diffrence? starting on 11th feb providing i stop swelling up n having it syringed xxx