embarassing body type question

I started anastrazole about 4 months ago and have also had two herceptin injections. I had chemo and radiotherapy plus WLE so a full on time. Since starting the hormone tabs etc and coinciding with the regrowth of pubic hair (much thicker than before) I have dreadful itching around the external skin/vulva. This isn’t all over and there is no discharge but is driving me mad. I have tried using Lanacane and canestan creams which both help but are not getting rid of it. I am still using the senax 0% shower gel that was recommended during radio therapy. I have seen others complaining of itching but no one has said where abouts. Does anyone else suffer from this. I am loathe to try and get a gp appointment as it is such a hassle plus I am fed up always being at some medical appointment or other. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi sheba56

This might be something our Helpline could help with.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Yes to the itching and yes to the location and as you say Sheba56, it drives you crazy!! Hadn’t thought about it being connected with treatment (I’m taking anastrazole too).  Have seem a few posts relating to tamoxifen.  Another question for the next oncologist appointment perhaps. Any advice/suggestions welcome!