cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

endometrial cancer

10 REPLIES 10
daiseykins

Re: endometrial cancer

Hi angie,hope you get good results with your scan.do let me know how you get on 😃 x
daiseykins

Hi Jill

so sorry you had a second primary,you think you are alone until you join this forum it's a terrible disease.but the survival rate is getting higher.l suppose l am just unlucky l have a second cancer,l have been to see a psychologist today,it was good to talk to someone outside the family.l think the hardest thing is trying to put on this brave face for the family,but underneath you are frightened what the outcome is going to be.l get my surgery in 2weeks,then it's all the waiting for the biopsy results.all we can do is pray and hope,will let you know how l get on.and l hope everything goes well for you.big🙌 X

Boa

Hi Daisykins, good to see the treatment plan sorted out. Really rubbish to be diagnosed twice in such a short time. I'm sure all will go well and your family and friends will help.
gmc

Hi Daisykins

So sorry to hear your shocking update. What a blow but really glad you have a supportive family and friends network. Boy, do we need them at times like these. I can't imagine how you must feel being diagnosed again  - so quickly after the first time too. I had BC 11 years ago and thought I'd beaten the bug**r but had another primary BC diagnosed last Feb,  but least I wasn't still recovering from treatment like you. All I can say is that I understand your fears and you grab every bit of help you can get hold of - whatever it takes.

Big hugs and huge wishes for successful results and treatments,

Gill x

angiepops

hi daisykins,

such a shock the first time they tell you that you have cancer, cant imagine how bad it is to have it back again. like you say tho, chemo etc after your surgery, hopefully mop up any nasties. i had chemo and rads after my BC mastectomy and i'm going back now iwth gynea problems, 3rd scan next week in as many months so hopefully fingers crossed if they spot anything dodgy they can get it sorted quickly. Your story is exactly what ive been dreading, hope it all works out ok for you, they are quite remarkable these days with treatments arent they. Good luck and big big hugs to you

angie xxx

daiseykins

Ahhh thank you for that hug l need as many as l can get.here's a big one for you
🙌 hope you are coping okay x
daiseykins

Hi Boa,thank you for replying.its all sorted,surgery planned for 6th march,full hysterectomy and pelvic nodes taken out.then the horrible waiting game for the biopsy results.if there clear no further treatment but if the disease is outside the womb then it will be radiotherapy chemotherapy.another journey but l am still on my first one with the bc.l am very anxious about the whole thing but l have a very supportive family and friends,but sometimes l feel so frightened what the outcome will be,l suppose it's only natural with being hit with cancer twice in 9month's.l see a psychologist tomorrow which l think will be good for me,talking to someone away from the family and friend's.will let you know how things go.hope you are doing okay 😃

Nimbus

We've never met, but please accept a hug and my best wishes. We all have different experiences, but we are here for each other.

J

Boa

Sorry to hear your news. How did you get on at your appointment today?
Jo_BCC

Hi daisykins

So sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis.  Please do give the helpline team here a ring if you need someone to talk to in confidence away from family and friends.  The staff are here to support you.  Lines open at 9am today through to 5pm (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

daiseykins

endometrial cancer

Hi

I am not new to the forum,l was diagnosed with bc last June,grade 2 with lymph node involvement.l had a lumpectomy then 6weeks of radiotherapy.it's been a very emotional 9month's but like we all try and do,stay positive.l started my letrozol in December,up to now a few side affects but nothing unbearable.l started having a couple of gyne problems ( spotting after the menopause) so straight to the doctors,l was then sent for scans.they found a polyp and 2cysts on my ovaries which they weren't concerned about,then l had a hysteroscopy which showed endometrial hyperplasia.a biopsy was taken,l was at the hospital yesterday and l got the most devastating news,they told me l have grade 3 aggressive endometrial cancer.l felt as if l had been hit by a bus.the frightening thing was they told me  my bed was booked for my hysterectomy in 2weeks. I live in Carlisle but l have to go to Gateshead to get my surgery done.haven't slept all night which is to be expected.l have an appointment at 11-30today with the surgeon at newcastle to discuss my treatment.you know this forum was a great comfort to me  when l was going through the bc,l know l will need as much support has l can to hopefully get me through this.maybe now and again l can have a chat with some of you ladies to keep my peker up x 😢