cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exercise with a prosthesis

7 REPLIES 7
sueh55

Re: exercise with a prosthesis

Thanks Gilly. I've never heard of knitted knockers but it made me smile just to read the words. Thanks!

Butterfly318

Evening Sueh55

Another suggestion i had a knitted prosthesis.  Google Knitted Knockers.  Knitted by lovely volunteers and you can weight them.  One lady at my Zumba has some small pebbles in hers (in the middle of the soft stuffing)  and i got some beads from the craft shop which worked well.  This meant i could wash them.  I have since had reconstruction but managed well at Zumba / Spin, i never bothered when swimming cos i don't reckon they would have been ok in the water....  I have forwarded all my prosthesis (my breast size changed so in all i had 3) to Hospices of Hope.  I know other ladies on the site have used Knitted Knockers.

Take Care   Gilly x

sueh55

Thanks Kess Unfortunately I find I've suddenly got a right breast that's much higher than the left one when I do that!

Sue

Kess

I use my softie for exercise.
sueh55

Thanks - that's the first positive suggestion I've heard. Will try and see how I get on. Many thanks.  Sue

southpool

Hi

I used a beanie boob in the pocket of sports cropped tops ( the ones with removable pads). Lighter than silicon but don't ride up like a softie. I got mine from website All about the Girl & also use them for swimming.

S x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Sue
Welcome to the BCC forums, whilst you await replies here our helpliners are on hand for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 so please feel free to call and talk your query through

Take care
Lucy BCC

sueh55

exercise with a prosthesis

I have a silicone prosthesis following a right bside mastectomy. Trying to get back to dancing and badminton. Prosthesis heats up , makes me drenched in sweat and rubs scar.

What do others use forexercise. I'm desperate to get back to reasonable fitness but this is a huge obstacle.