expat blog spain

Hi Im a new girl on the block. Im being treated for Bc in the Costa del Sol. Wondered if there are anymore expats in Spain out there who are being treated now or have been through this experience. So far my experience has been very postive Im glad to say and I had my second Fec chemo yesterday.
Look forward to hearing from anyone similar to me. I do feel a little cut off at times. But this site is brilliant so helpful…
Shirley

My husband and I are hoping to move to the Costa del Sol soon, what part of it are you in and how do things compare to over here health wise, the only thing that worries me is the health care and how good it is, saying that the NHS nearly killed me so my experience here is not fondly remembered.

Hope you get many replies Shirley from girls over there

Suzzanne

Hi Suzzanne
Thank you for contacting me. I live east of Malaga, The nearest town is Velez Malaga. We are up in the hills about 20 minutes drive to the coast. We have lived here full time for two years but we have had the house for nearly six years. We really love it and it feels like home. Until now we havent had much to do with the Spanish health care. but since Ive been diagnosed with BC. I can only say that they have been great very efficient and supportive and helpful. I have only heard of good reports about the local hospital from expats that have been there. I am treated in Malaga and again they have an excellent record for cancer care. So dont worry the health system is as good maybe even better in some parts then England. Good luck with your move.
Best Wishes Shirley