faslodex/fulvestrant- Decision to be made whether to start these injections

I have to make a decision as to whether to start these injections, but can find no up to date posts. Is anybody else on these,and what are the side effects.

Hi Maz66

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your question as yet, but hopefully someone will now see your post.  In the meantime you are more than welcome to call our helpline team and discuss your concerns with them, they’re here to support you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi ,  

I have just had my first ijections yesterday , injections were painless , and no effects so far. i will kepp posting , next ones in two weeks, then once a month . Fingers crossed it starts to shrink my mets x

Hiya max
If you type in faslodex on the search box …there is a lot of historic postings and threads that might help.
To be honest I haven’t seen much recently posted about this as I think I remember reading somewhere its a lot more expensive than the other hormones so you are one of the elite getting it !!

Hi ,  I have had two lots of this treatment  , fine , injections , no pain at all,  Only side effect I have is  when I need to go to the loo , I have to go , no messing  , I go .  I have also entered into a trial ,  tablets for four days , can I just advise if your asked to enter a trial,  get every single detail before hand.  For mine I take tabs over the weekend   Friday to Monday , but I have to fast before and after taking pills , Which makes  having meals on time a bit of a pain, and eating out ,is limited, have to be fed and watered by 6 pm , then nothing until after 9,  Bit early.

Another side effect  is high glucose , so need to keep a close eye on that to.  Will keep with it  but  just thought I would let you know , I just thought I would be popping a couple of tablets .

keep well xx   

Truffle stuff, are you still on fulvestrant?

Moijanxx