1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fat transfer

36 REPLIES 36

Re: fat transfer

H Girls, I am just catching on to this thread so excuse if I ask what has been answered 🙂

I am fed up as has been 4 yrs since diagnosis and i am stil in this 'Realm'

chemo March- jume 2012

Bi lat MX with Expanders Aug 2012.

Rads 5 weeks Nov - Dec 2012

Oct 2013 implants exchanged

but by Jan 2014 Capsular cont on Rads side. so had to have LD Oct 2014

Oct 2015 Medialisation..they were going sideways!

Now...still not settled right. Left side is hard and uncomfortable , right side seems to be pulling to the right again. Plan is lipo modelling to creat cleavage and even out dips & lumps.

I have been readin about the Fat stem cell transfers and wondered is this same as li[omodelling?

How successfull has it been for any of you?

Has anyone had this Fat stem cell after lumpectomy ( Daughter in law is at the discussion stage of surgery)

Many thanks for any advice or info xx

Hi chrisalex.

i havent had anything else done yet its going to be a long road i was due to have uplift etc as you know about nov time but im still waiting to have gall bladder operation its murder all this waiting cant eat properly but the upside of that is ive lost 1.and a half stone since oct . they said 18 weeks waiting so that will bring me to april had a holiday booked for may but had to cancel that. anyway my second fat transfer is still ok but she said they can put a bit more in when i have uplift done surgeon said when ive had gb removed and feeling better to ring my breast nurse and get me back on the list . glad you have had yours done and im sure they will do it for you a third time . think its 4 max all the best to you linda

Hi Loona44

Just wondering how you are doing - did you have the uplift and any more lipo-fill?  I had second lipo just before Christmas, not good timing but glad I had it done.  My PS also did a tottoo which was very painful for the first couple of weeks and although glad I had it done, is still much darker than my real one.  She said it will fade over time.

My second lipo-fill is slowly reabsorbing and I wonder if yours is still good.  I return next week to see PS and wonder if she will agree to putting me on the list for 3rd try.  I have not left this country or been on holiday for over 3 and a half years but finally feel its time to get on with life again - what a long journey this is.  Hope you are well.  Regards Chris

Oh Linda, Sorry to hear about the op delay & the gall stones, i hope the appointment with surgeon next week goes ok & you get some idea of the time scale for final op. Its such a long journey & with nipple recon & tattoo its probably still a few months of waiting for me too. But im looking forward to being even & not needing any prothesis.

The only thing i was suprised at is there wasnt any difference in where the fat was taken from. Perhaps thats because it was little bits from all over due to being slim rather than all in one spot. Just hope they can get enough this time-like you said ive had lots of offers of other peoples fat 🙂

Well i will let you know how i get on & also good luck for a speedy date for you too.

xx

HI chris.

thanks for your message yes we have learnt to play the waiting game . hope you get your date for op through soon then you can make plans . im in limbo at the moment dont know when i will be having gallbladder removed going to the clinic next friday its all hospitals and doctors appointments my husband says im going out bit by bit youve got to laugh to stay sane i told him to make sure he gets a discount for my funeral for the bits missing (ha ha) keep in touch

linda xx

Hi Loona

Just saw your post and so sorry that you ended up in hospital with gallstones and not your lipo.  That would really upset me too. I am 3 months on the waiting list and finally phoned the hospital to see where I am on the list.  I will have to wait a few weeks as my surgeon is on holiday.  All I want to know is whether it will be this side of Christmas or not.  We carry on with the waiting game.  I hope the deferred op will not be too long for you.  Regards Chris

Hi artemis.

glad you are getting sorted out for xmas and you can add some nice underwear sets to your christmas present list . i should of been having my op also on monday but was rushed into hospital on the 22nd with gallstones i was in agony spent 10 days in hospital with jaundice now im waiting to have gallbladder removed in a different hospital so i had to inform my surgeon to put my op on hold which im very upset about i was looking forward to the final chapter . but will get there in the end .seeing my surgeon on the 18th for yearly check up so will have a good talk to her then. hope your op goes well .im sure it will . let us know how you get on . linda xxx

Oops I meant LD...silly predictive text.

Hey Linda
Hope you're okay & all went well with your mammogram. I'm scheduled for my 2nd lipo & reduction on Monday so should hopefully be all done and dusted before Christmas. Looking forward to getting rid of my chicken fillet & being able to wear a normal bra.
I actually didn't lose much fat first time around so I shouldn't need a 3rd go. My surgeon is also sorting a scar that's been tethered since the LG last year.
Oh Chris re underwired bras, I can wear them but I have to even out the cups with padding. There's no problem with the under wiring though.
🙂

HI artemis & chris

nice to hear from you again . i went to see surgeon 4th of sep for check up she said she was putting me on the waiting list for uiplift to other boob and going to put a little more fat in recon also if she can do the nipple at same time but said she couldent promise that have to wait and see at the time im going for mammagram next mon so if every thing ok she was hoping to get me in before xmas . that will be good .hope you not got to wait to long for your next lipo filling . answer to your question chris on bras ive not worn underwire bras since mx . my second lipo filling is mostly all still there much better than the first and like you artemis feels very natural so after your next one you should be sorted . WE HOPE  not looking forward to mammagram will be glad when ive got the all clear then move on  keep in touch linda xxx

Hi Artemis17

I think this is a question to you and to Linda.  Were you told not to wear an underwired bra after 1st lipo?  I was and now not sure if this was for the first 6 weeks or for ever.  Most of the fat has now gone and on the waiting list for second go, the PS said she would also do the tatoo at the same time which is exciting.  Mind you the nipple recon didn't work and sadly it fell off!!  I hope the tatoo will make things look a bit better.

Regards

Chris

Hi Linda
How are you?. Are you all sorted & evenly matched now?. How about nipple creation?. I am on the waiting list for the 2nd go & uplift to the good side.
The reconstruction is really soft and natural so hopefully the next go will be the last, I didn't lose much fat but I have to say I can't see any change in my shape where the fat was taken, or weight loss.
Anyway hope you are well.
🙂

Hi artemis.

glad you ok after transfer and bruising now gone. its very painful isent it but doesent last long i bet you have had lots of offers from people willing to donate their surplus fat (ha ha) I am a 38 c cup but i think my recon is more a b cup so i am now wearing a b cup bra but before second fill i had to wear a falsie to even things up. theres not many ladies out there i only know of us two who havent had implant after ld flap thought i wanted implants but after reading lots of threads on this site i am not so sure now .anyway my surgeon wouldent do them after having radio years before mx so it wasent a option . going to see ps in two weeks i will ask her when she does lift to other boob to top up recon . then should be almost there . but you never know whats around the corner with this dreaded c got my mammogram in oct . take care  and keep us informed this site is so helpful  wish i had known about it years ago . linda x

Hu Rebel
Last time she only managed 250ml & that was taking lots of little bits from thigh, tummy & love handles so I was very bruised but nows there's even less to transfer...I may have to give up the exercise & fatten myself up like a Christmas turkey. ;-).

Hi artemis you will be surprised the PS couldn't find any on my hips this time so took it from my thighs. He agreed yesterday I can have an uplift.expecting a long wait.

Hi Linda
Glad you're pleased with the latest op. What size are you if you don't mind me asking. Are you done with the lipo side of things?.
I'm 6 weeks out now and retained about 80% of the fat, although there is still a dent that is "stuck" from under the skin so PS will have to cut it free. Expect to see surgeon in Oct to get on list for second lipo & uplift. I really don't have a lot of fat anywhere so not sure what they'll suggest.
Take care

Hi Loona & Chris. I have had 3 lots of lipo and it feels much softer over my implant. Each time apart from a bit of bruising have been back to normal in a couple of days and back to work in a week. Saw my consultant today and he says there is no limit to the number of times I have it. My next surgery will be to lift the remaining breast to try to match the implant he says it is more difficult to get a good match with larger breasts. I am 34 F/E  so ladies having big boobs is not always a good thing. I know some people will think I am crazy having further surgery, especially as I ended up in intensive care after a failed tram, but they only see me dressed.

Hi chris,

nice to hear from you again. i am much happier with the results after second time round lost some of the transfer but not as much as the first time if your surgeon offers you another filling i would go for it bruising was very bad this time but doeable only last about 4 weeks . im due to see my surgeon 4th sep for follow up i am hopeing she will do uplift to other breast now . hope your appointment goes well . linda

Hi Loona and Ladies

Just wondering how the 2nd transfer is going.  I hope that more fat has remained.  I return tomorrow to see my PS and am hoping that she will agree to another try.  Some fat has remained from first op but has completely gone from under my breast.  I found it very difficult to do nothing strenuous for 6 weeks after the op.  Regards to all. Chris

Just a short reply

i also havent got any breast tissue but it feels just like my normal breast ive only got ld muscle and fat transfer . so yours should be the same . have a glass or (two) of wine whilst sitting doing nothing by the fan . linda X

Sounds as if you've definitely had a better result than last time which is good. I'm still bigger on the BC side, expecting to lose a lot though. Surgeon happy to do again plus give ne 2nd uplift to good side if necessary, so I'll see how it looks in a few months.
Fat filled side quite hard, but as there's not any actual breast tissue I wonder how soft it will get?. I can see a big difference at the mo & yes it was worth it, although not sure where the fat will come from next time...!.
Finding it too hot to be outside in spanx & corset so a quiet w/e in front of the fan for me. Have a good weekend Linda & thanks for all the advice. I'll keep in touch.
X

Hi artemist .

yes i did lose the fat quite quick about 3 weeks but some of the loss must be due to swelling going down my breast is back to being soft and feels very natural i havent got the dent back yet that i had from original lumpectomy x2 which i did have last time after about 6 weeks so im hoping it all remains as it is .im not having to wear my falsey in my bra .i will go on what your ps said if ive not lost it after 6 weeks might be ok yes i was also surprised how painful lipomodeling is you should be in less pain by the time you return to work but mine took 4 weeks for bruising to go . i was very bruised and it was made worse as im now on blood thining tablets for heart condition they said the bruising would be worse .anyway are you happy with the way your boob is looking  and feeling ? was it worth it do you think . linda

Thanks Linda
Yep bruising is travelling south so some interesting sights lol. I'm using arnica cream & took arnica beforehand so I dread to think what it could have been like. Spanx & corset ok though warm at night!. Did you lose the grafted fat quite quickly & is it quite noticeable?. I was told whatever is still there after 6 weeks will stay although the swelling from the lipo will take a while to go completely.
Seeing the ps in 3 months to evaluate and go back on the list-that's my Christmas belly taken care of then.
Certainly more painful than I expected but hopefully back to work in another week.
X

Hi artemis,

glad you back home and its over for now .i was swollen for about 4 weeks so dont worry about that it will go down so will the bruising although it must look horrendous at the moment . iwas very surprised the first time i had mine and wonderd why people would have it done and pay a lot of money just to look slimmer .i think they must take a lot more fat when doing it for cosmetic reasons because i dont look any slimmer  and wouldent have it done for that reason .as you said we only want to look something like we did before the dreaded bc . carry on wearing the spanx they help a lot to keep the swelling down .

take care linda

Hi Linda and any others, 🙂
Well I had my lipo and transfer Monday morning, came back home last night.
Quite a bit of bruising ftom armpit to knees which is travelling south, as not got a lot of fat in one place PS went into several different places. Only got 200ml so definitely need a second go in a few months. Inner thighs and tummy the sorest & quite swollen tho not lumpy. Got 2 weeks off work, very sweaty at night though daytime ok & can potter about though stairs and bending a struggle.
Will keep in touch to see how we are all getting on. Like you say Linda people ask why I bother putting myself through the ops but I hate the way I look after mastecomy so want to do whatever I can to look like before BC.
Hope you don't lose any more fat.

Hi chrisalex,

its been five weeks today since 2nd fat transfer ive already lost quite a lot of the volume hich is dissapointing as i was very pleased with result this time she put in as much fat as possible . but at the moment it is a lot better than before i had it done just hopeing i dont absorb anymore .wish it would stay put like it does on parts you dont want it . i see my surgeon again in sep hope she is going to do a uplift to other breast and if i need more lipo i will have another go at it they did say it sometimes takes 3 -4 attempts people think im mad to keep putting myself through this but i wont give up untill all my options are finished but thats me not everyone feels the same . hope everything goes ok for you when you next see your surgeon and they offer you another filling . linda

Hi Linda

Good to hear that you are recovered from your last op. Is there a noticable improvement or has most of the fat been re-absorbed?  Mine is gradually going which is quite upsetting.  I do not see my PS till end of August and am hoping that she will give me another go - this fat transfer is so hit and miss.  Let me know how things progress.  Regards Chris

Hi Linda
Thanks for the good wishes, hopefully it will go ahead ok on Monday, couldn't believe it was cancelled the night before, I'd made all relevant arrangements etc.
I will be in touch once I'm done and back home. Sorry to hear you've lost most of the fat, but hope you're well otherwise.
X

Hi artemis

just read your post  sorry your op was cancelled so close. you get all geared up for it then you back to square one wonderd why we had not heard from you to let us know how things had gone. its been just over 4 weeks now since my 2nd lipo all bruising now gone but so as most of the refill theres still a little more left than last time so im hopeing to hang on to that surgeon will perhaps need to do another one . all the best for monday hope it all goes to plan . good job you dident have to wear you spanx in this weather (phew)  

Hi artemis

just read your post  sorry your op was cancelled so close. you get all geared up for it then you back to square one wonderd why we had not heard from you to let us know how things had gone. its been just over 4 weeks now since my 2nd lipo all bruising now gone but so as most of the refill theres still a little more left than last time so im hopeing to hang on to that surgeon will perhaps need to do another one . all the best for monday hope it all goes to plan . linda

Hi Smudger
I am having fat transfer from thighs to breast on Monday-my original date was cancelled the day before-so if you have any advice I'm all ears.. 🙂 thanks.

Hi Maisiecake. Don't know if you have had this done yet as a little while since your post. If you haven't then I can give you some feedback as I had fat from my thighs to breast

Hi Maisie

I've pm'd you back!

Take care.

Mary

thanks for your replies. I will google the surgeon, and mary32 I've pm ed you.

Hi Maisie

If you'd like to pm me your email address I can tell you my experience with these procedures.

Mary

Hello maisiecake

I can't answer your question about the tethered scar but by using google you can find out where your surgeon trained and how long he/she has been practising and where, along with any research papers they have written.  Of course, that won't  tell you how good they are but at least it's a start. x

fat transfer

I had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy in 2013. the surgery left me with a tethered scar and a hole. I'm having a plastic surgery procedure next week to untether the scar and fat transfer from my thigh to fill the hole. I have lots of questions and wondered if anyone out there can offer any answers. Will the removal of fat from my thigh cause scarring? Will one thigh be thinner than the other after? will I need to wear compression garments ( consultant has not mentioned this)?  What sort of bra will I need to wear after surgery? has anyone else had a scar untethered? was it sucessful? I'd love to hear from anyone who's had anything similar done, and if you're happy with it or can offer any advice . Also is there anywhere you can find out how sucessful your surgeon is? would really  like to know if he's any good before letting him loose on my body! It's 18mnths since i had the original appt with consultant and no-one could answer any of these questions at pre op today.

Maisiecake