fed up

Hi
really just wanted someone to chat to?? Feeling so fed up today! I am having Chemo for secondary lung and bone mets, to cut a very long story short, the pain in my back and chest had gone but as my 5th round of chemo has been a little longer than 3 weeks from the last one it seems to have come back with a vengeance. Im really worried that when the chemo has finished it will return?? the last body scan showed that the tumours had reduced in size, but does the pain mean the damn things are growing again??? GGGrRRRRRRR! anyone fancy a moan?
Lorna

Hi tillie,
Sorry you are feeling fed-up but that is quite normal so dn’t be too tough on yourself. There are just days as a secondaries woman you will feel low.
Try not to worry too much about the pain coming back, pain doesn’t always necessarilly equal growth/spread but of course in our situation will always freak us a bit.
When do you next see your team? I hope it’s soon so you can voice your concerns and get some reassurance. Till then keep posting here and hopefully letting it out will help a bit, we’re here to support and listen and moan with you. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter and the pain is easing.
Best wishes, Julie

Hi Julie,
Thank you for that.I have my next appt on Monday along with the chemo, so will ask the Oncologist and see what he says.
Just having a flat day today, my get up and go has got up and gone!!!
Hope your feeling ok??
xxxx

Dear Tillie, Julie is a wise woman and a kind one too. I agree with all she says.
I had infusion 4 of Taxol yesterday and my hair was falling our more and more each day. So I took the plunge today and went for a new wig with my elder daughter. The hairdresser also shaved my head and I bought a turban for bedtime to keep me cosy and a hat thingy that I do not know f I really like so may take that back if it doesn’t fit properly.
I have good days and bad days too Tillie. Days shen I am exhausted and days when I feel almost normal…well my new normal. I have had bone mets for almost 14 years so I know all about the ups and downs that goes with the territory. Wil look out for your posts. Hope you feel better over the weeknd. Have a good one Julie. I know your girls are away home now. My dughter flies home on Sunday so will be crying all over again! Love to you both, Val

Hi Tillie
you just keep letting out your feelings we know how you are feeling as we all have these sort of days now and again i can cry for no reason just comes on then other days i can convince myself they have made a mistake i feel so well this site helps us all in different ways and if you need to vent those feelings you could not have a better place
and scottishlass i am glad you have had 14 years even if it has been a roller coaster and i hope i will have the same length of time or even more as none of us wants to die i have just become a nana so i want to be here for a long time as do all of us but you have given me hope
and julie your words of re assurance support are warming
keep well
kay

Girls, thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply!!! Its great to hear from you-can we all keep in touch and help each other along this very bumpy road?? I try so hard not to complain, hubbys not coping so well so I try to ‘get on’ but today is just one of those days when i say’bugger it’, i dont feel like smiling, im sure we all have those feelings??
your kind words havereally helped me today, lots of love to,Kay,Val & Julie
Val, it took me over a year to grow my hair into my dream style then I had to lose it all-but its only hair and it’ll grow back, I have a ‘Roland’ as i call it but i usually wear a hat,especially at night as my head gets cold.Ive been lucky this time as i didnt lose my eyelashes but it also makes it harder for people to understand whats happening.I hope your new normal becomes a little more normal for you soon
Kay, thank you so much I hope you are ok? The roller coaster of emotions are hard to get to grips with arent they? up and down so quickly! I was ok yesterday and today i felt so helpless-very odd!!!
please lets keep in touch,
lots of love,
lorna xxxx

Iorna, my eyes are rubbish, sorry! Claire

Loma, big hugs to you, you’re doing great girl.
Love Claire

Hi Claire,
How you doing?? hope you are ok??? keep in touch, feeling bit better tonight, hope it continues!!! Hubbies done all the bed changing and cleaning today(bless him),he doesnt know how im feeling as yet i feel as if were living in a bubble where were both frightened to talk in case we upset each other? so daft really as we should know each other so well by now and to some extent weve been here before but i spose last time it was curable.Bugger this is hard!!!
sending all you lovelies big hugs!!!
xxxxx

Lorna, sorry that you are worried. Hoping very much that your pains are not significant. Yes, I DO fancy a moan. Been real poorly since February (got liver n bone mets) - various stuff, but everything seems to be going from bad to worse. Due to have second cycle of chemo today but was cancelled as my platelets are super low. As I now have a spread to liver, am concerned about the delay. Sadly, I think I am heading downhill…BUT today was a good day as went to the cinema with my sis and watched a film I have been waiting to see for a looong time. These little things mean so much.

Life is so tough sometimes. Wishing you all the very best. We keep on trucking regardless.

Best wishes to you all.
Alison x

Hope everyone is feeling a bit brighter today and manage a descent weekend. Val glad you’ve got wigs hats etc sorted,it is a pain but as you know it will grow back and hopefully the sacrifice is more than worth it. Think you are thinking of one of the other Julie’ s 're children as I don’t have any.
Tilie,my partner took my dx badly and was more tearful than me at the beginning, we still cry separately and together but not as often now,though it can hit you at anytime!
Tawny glad you wentwent out with your sister and had a good day, a little bit of normality can make a difference.
Be kind to yourselves ladies xxx

Hi Everyone,
Just me checking to see how we are today? Im feeling a bit brighter, but woke at 4 this morning and have been awake since! Such a long day when your at your at work!!
Anyway, looking forward to Sunday, my son Thomas plays rugby and its turned into quite a social thing for me, so lots of laughs to look forward to with some good friends!!
Sending lots of love to you all,
xxxxx
PS: not sure if playing Wii tennis was such a good idea with back pain but it made me smile!!

Hi All
glad you all seem on an up day hope you had a nice day with your son tillie at rugby hope you are not hurting to much after being on the wii i did the xbox zumba hurt for a week will not do that gain will stick to my daily walk and a weekly swim 3 more weeks and i will be looking after my granddaughter whilst my daughter goes back to work initially for 3 months then part time from may when she goes into nursery for the mornings i hope i can cope with the lifting up and bending but we will play it by ear and hope i keep well enough to be able to do everything
Hope your husbands are now coping a bit better it as taken us 2 years and i stlll feel he does not understand how i feel and maybe i do not understand how he feels either it is so hard i have felt like walking out some days especally when we have had words but hopefully 2013 will see us come to terms more with it as i find survivors of more than 2 years
keep laughing in its face
kay

Just a quick hello! Hope everyone is feeling brighter and stronger.
I was dx with bone mets in 2010 so coming up to 3rd anniversary in about 3 months, keep faith ladies and take hope from longer term secondary women, there are quite a few …
Have3 as good a week as possible xx

Hi everyone, it is a bitch of a life, treatments working for a while and then the dreaded news they’ve stopped again and having to try another round of whatever. I was 1st dx in 2000 at 44 and then again 2004 this time with endometrium cancer. I then had a good run until 2010 when I was dx with secondaries in lungs, bones and the lining of my stomach and bowels. Had letraszol, chemo radiotherapy herceptin and now about to start trial next week. I feel so down at times but then I have to drag myself up asnd think of my grandchildren no. 6 due in March. My daughters pram was delivered to my house today and we had a great hour putting it together. So onwards and upwards. positive thinking. Its good to read other peoples posts, it makes me feel better I hope it does the same for everyone else.
ps had a nightmare on the live chat forum I am so slow at typing Iwas 20 posts behind and when I did manage to type something the damn thing kept cutting me out. best wishes.

lanii
Sorry you had problems with livechat. It was good to see you on there and it really is a very friendly place but it was busy last night so I’m not surprized you felt a bit overwhelmed by it all. I’m not a great typist myself and I think we all get a bit behind and out of sync but you do get used to it - please try us again on a Tuesday night. Glad you had fun putting pram together, it’s those happy moments that keep us going.
Julie x

Morning everyone,
sorry been quiet this week, but Monday chemo knocked the stuffing out of me and have just slept and slept!!! feeeling bit better today but trying to pace myself as i will end up over doing things otherwise - always happens when your having an ‘up’ day!!!
sending all you lovelies big hugs,
back later,
Lorna xxx

Hope everyne is keeping warm in the snow!.Tillie hope your chemo haze is better now and you’ve more energy.
Wishing everyone a good weekend xx

bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Its so cold! hope everyones ok??? all very quiet???
Thanks Julie, yep feeling ok thank you, more chemo next week so watch this space!
big hugs,
Lorna x

It really is horrible we’ve been snowed up for 2days our grandaughter has stayed 3 nights now because can’t get her home, good job she doesn’t mind staying. Started capecitabine and lapatinib because refused pertuzumab trial as heart functiontion not good enough. Struggling a bit taking as many tabs and fitting them around meals. Feeling very tired with it but only been on it for a few days hopefully will adjust. keep well.x