feeling down and should be grateful

Hello

I am feeling really down just recently. I was dx June 2013 invasive ducal cancer grade 3 no lymph nodes no vascular invasion. Had WLE rads chemo now on anastrozole recent bone scan which was clear.Have good days and bad re- joint pain on anastrozole but I just cant get rid of this feeling of doom recently just seems everyone is dying of one form of cancer or another its always in the news and I am struggling to move on.from it .Am back at work and finding I do get tired even though I am 16 months on Am sorry for whinging but I dont want  to talk to my husband as he has been brilliant and he sees that i a much better which i am but sometimes I just cant get away from cancer I know I am should be grateful just wanted to express my feelings to you ladies who can understand moan over sorry love Gill x

Hi Venice

Sorry to hear you’re feeling so down at the moment.  I’m sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to offer you some much needed support.  In the meantime please don’t hesitate to contact our helpline, the staff are here to support you both emotionally and practically.  Lines are open until 5pm today (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays. 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hello Gill,  Sorry you are feeling down,  but you are not alone, and you are not winging, thats what we are all here for, to help each other, If it is any help i am about 2 yrs since  my Mx I go on Fri24 for Mri & mammogram etc, and I still get good days and bad, and am also tired,   and I don’t work any more-unless b abysitting grandkids counts. have you thought of speaking to your GP or your BCN,  Mine offered me some counselling through Macmillan,or possibly some CBT  it does help.    We have lost at least 3or 4 friends this year to C, and unfortunately they were not found early enough to have treatment,  so i can understand what you are saying about it always in the news etc. Somehow i think once we are dx  we seem to notice it much more.   Also my BCn has just heard about a course local too me to help with the tiredness.not sure what that entails yet.

Meanwhile sending you a big bundle of HUGGLES, and let us know how you get on.and I am sure lots of others will be on here to help you .

Jenny.x 

Hi gill

I am similar to you, dx sept 2013, idc grade 3, wle then found dcis on margin of idc, had to have re excision,  rads and now on letrozole. 

I am suffering awful joint pain, my right hip is terrible.  I have just had my 12 mth check got the all clear but I still have this feeling of doom that I can, t shake off.

I dread going to the dr because I feel they think every symptom I have, I must be thinking the cancer is back, which I don, t. It has come to the point I have not been going to the gp.

I lost the plot yesterday. Told everyone I am sick of hearing about bloody cancer.

all as I can say is your not alone, I think it must be one of the stages we all  go through on this journey. 

I rarely post on here but I do read what other ladies are posting and find it a big help.

sorry to go on but it was a godsend reading your post, i now know I, m not going mad.

good luck gill hope u feel better soon 

Janet.xxx

Well a strange thing happened and I am glad I found this thread.  Diagnosed July 2013 Invasive Lobular stage 2/ MX and no lymph involvement…opted not to take anything.  It was found because I felt what turned out to be a cyst in the other side.  

So back to the strange thing…I got my letter yesterday for my 3 yearly screening and felt really angry that the system isn’t co-ordinated.  Then I thought that if I hadn’t gone to GP with cyst it would only be now that the breast cancer was found.  So, yes, I should be grateful  but I am angry cos when I rang up to tell them at the screening they said 'O, the systems don’t talk to each other. We will call you in 3 years. ’  I think that is terrible as obviously I am having annual follow-ups at the moment and who knows what will be happening in 3 years. 

And, I have to see a gynae guy on Friday about other bits and I just don’t want to be messed about with any more.

A good friend asks me how I am cos I have had a cold and I want to be sarcastic and say how do you think I am…one boob and bits that have stuck together !?

I always try and be nice and not moan so sorry for this but am seeing onc/psych on Thursday thank goodness as I missed last one 'cos of cold that won’t go away.

Enough!  No more moaning. 

Hugs all round

Jenjix