feeling down

Hi I’m starting chemo on Wednesday then a year of herceptain I’m feeling really down like my life has just stopped is there light at the end of the tunnel x x

Hiya,

I can totally relate to the feeling down bit, I’m not having chemo but start radiotherapy on Tues so I know I’ve gotten off lightly and other than taking Tamoxifen for 5 years my treatmnet will be over in 3 weeks so you will prob wonder why the hell I feel down compared to you! I do too but it’s a feeling that comes with being diagnosed, I’m having more good days than bad now and you will too once you get started I’m sure, all the waiting is awful and doesn’t help our moods one bit, there are plenty of lovely ladies on here who are through the end of the tunnel,now and I’ve taken great comfort from them and I’m sure they will be along soon to offer you plenty of advice, I’m sorry you’ve only had me so far! ? take care love Jo xx

Hi julzd

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read that you are feeling so low, along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you so please do call to talk things through. Lines are open today 9-5 (weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2) on 0808 800 6000 and they will help you through this difficult time.

(Helpline closed for maintenance Sat 16th May)

I am posting a link to further support services which you may also find helpful, we have a one to one support service called ‘Someone like me’ which may help, you can read about this here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

Take care
Lucy BCC

Agree ladies

Hold on in there juldz. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Like the other ladies i’m just about to start rads and tamoxifen for 10 years. Know how you feel as we all have our bad days but it does get better. We’ve all been through so much so go easy on yourself. The shock of it all will take time to deal with thats why these forums are so good for support.

Im only 44 no family history very healthy etc as the other ladies have said. But remember this when you come through this which you will you will have an inner glow and confidence that you now can deal with anything life throws at you. I found people negative people or stressed people dont affect me anymore you develop an inner calm. Good luck with chemo xxx And we’re here to support you xxx

I finished chemo 10 weeks ago and have had 3 (out of 17) Herceptin now and just finished 25 times radiation.  There is light at the end of the tunnel but it is a rocky path.  One day you feel strong and the other very emotional, its perfectly normal and don’t worry with these ups and downs.  Be kind to yourself.  Do something nice every now and then.  I found a facial made me feel good as it was a nice touch, rather than all the not so nice touches, such as the needles, chemo, etc.  During chemo, I was super strong mentally, its only after that I felt very emotional and cried alot.  I think it was just a late reaction to the emormity of what you go through.  I was lucky with chemo, I did not have many side effects, kept working part time and went to spinning classes at my gym.  My advice is to keep active, it will help you keep strong and positive.  Its what I called my ‘journey’ an our journey is long but soon it will be over and you can move on with your life.  I wish you all the strength and positive energy.  You will find an inner strenght you never knew you had.  Thinking of you and hoping your first chemo went well. 

I finished chemo 10 weeks ago and have had 3 (out of 17) Herceptin now and just finished 25 times radiation.  There is light at the end of the tunnel but it is a rocky path.  One day you feel strong and the other very emotional, its perfectly normal and don’t worry with these ups and downs.  Be kind to yourself.  Do something nice every now and then.  I found a facial made me feel good as it was a nice touch, rather than all the not so nice touches, such as the needles, chemo, etc.  During chemo, I was super strong mentally, its only after that I felt very emotional and cried alot.  I think it was just a late reaction to the emormity of what you go through.  I was lucky with chemo, I did not have many side effects, kept working part time and went to spinning classes at my gym.  My advice is to keep active, it will help you keep strong and positive.  Its what I called my ‘journey’ an our journey is long but soon it will be over and you can move on with your life.  I wish you all the strength and positive energy.  You will find an inner strenght you never knew you had.  Thinking of you and hoping your first chemo went well.