feeling nausea and so tired!

Hi, Can anyone help please, have been feeling nauseous basically all the time and so tired, started napping in the afternoon, (not like me) diagnosed last week but felt like this prior to diagnosis and discovery of anything amiss. Does anyone feel the same? and is this a normal way to feel? many thanks

Hi blueew.

With this disease, just about anything is normal. You’ve had a massive shock and a bomb has just gone off in your life, so it’s not surprising. As for feeling tired before diagnosis, again anything is normal. You’re at the most difficult stage where you don’t know much about your cancer, what they’re going to do to you, what your prognosis is, all that stuff. Waiting without knowing is really, really tough.

Hello Blueew

All I can say is I felt much the same when I got my dx and was beginning to wonder what the hell was wrong with me. Unlike you I did not feel like that before in fact felt on top of the world really so it came as a great surprise to feel so low. I think it is mostly to do with the shock and trying to come to terms with this disease and also the rollercoaster of emotions you go through at the start from dx through to treatment.

Please give yourself the time to adjust and do whatever your body needs you to do. We are all here for you and will do whatever we can to support you and provide the strength you need to get through this.

Love
Tracy xxx

Hi Blueew,

Dont worry, you are totally normal, as everyone says, you have had a shock and though you feel you have taken it in, you still need time to “catch up” with your dx, you have alot to take in and digest and alot that is so unknown to you as to your treatment etc so its perfectely normal for your body to feel tired and nausea as its dealing with something new and different, but well done for posting on here and thats the important thing, to not feel alone at all, there is always help, advice, support on here, someone will always be there to help you and of course there is the help line where you can get advice and just someone to talk to, so please take your time, let yourself adjust and never feel alone we are all here for each other. Love Shar xxx

Hi, Thanks for the replies I think feeling nauseous all the time was really getting me down which I know sounds weird when so much else is happening! It’s difficult enough getting you’re head around it all but because everything happens so quickly you don’t have too much time to think. I think after Wed when I know what kind of bc I have and what the plans are then I’ll really be able to start thinking about bc properly, I feel like I’m still in a kind of no mans land! So thank you for making me feel normal and sorry for blabbing on a bit. Cheers

Don’t ever feel the need to apologise Blueew, we all use this site for our sad times as well as our happier more positive times.

xxxxxx

Hi Blueew - as everyone has said you are still coming to terms with your dx.I know that any sort of emotional turmoil makes me feel exhausted and my advice would be to listen to your body and rest when you feel tired. Although it may be worth mentioning to your GP as you do need to feel well to cope with whatever is ahead of you.
I took Rescue Remedy, as drops and pastilles all trough my treatment and would recommend that you try it , if you don’t already. Good luck and hugs Marli x

Hi Everyone, Thank you again for your advice and support it is much appreciated, I see that there are a few “girls” who are due to receive results like me on Wed so good luck to you all! Take care x