feeling really wobbly

Hi Folks

not really sure where to post this but I’ve been having a major wobble the last couple of weeks - its a year since I was diagnosed, had my annual mammogram on tues and am now waiting for appt with my consultant to discuss possibility of (sort of) preventative mx on left side due to genetic condition - that is, assuming the mammo doesn’t show anything worrying in which case its coming off whatever! None of this is news, I’ve known about the genetic condition since last Sept, but I’m really struggling at the moment and feel like I’m teetering on the brink of losing it. Any wise (or even unwise) words would be most appreciated from you lovely people xx

lizred

There is really nothing much I can say I think that will be of help but I just wanted to acknowledge your post and

There is a genes and breast cancer thread on here I wonder if that might be worth posting on that

sending you a hug xxx

Hi Lizred,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time.  I only finished treatment in November and due my first mammogram in October so have no wise words of experience.

I don’t blame you for having a wobble, it is a stressful time, even before I was diagnosed I used to get stressed (my Mum died of breast cancer 32yrs ago).  I always reassured myself that if something is wrong better to find out so the experts can sort it out.

What are you worried about most?  Is it the thought of having to go through all the treatment again or that they will say you don’t need to have the other breast removed and you will be constantly worried you will get cancer? 

I don’t think there are any answers just a case of taking each day at a time.  Remember three things:-

1. You are strong and WILL get through what ever life throws at you

2. You have loads of people routing for you (me included)

3. This too will pass

Sending hugs and love

Sally ??