feeling scared about secondary

I may be sounding silly but yesterday I was told by a friend she has cancer (not breast) but her cancer is secondary even though she did not know she has a frist.

However after getting over the shock it got me to thinking about myself and if I will get a secondary. My BC was hormone receptive and I had the op last June 2013. I had chemo and RADs and am doing well at moment. However this news has got to me.

Has anyone who had the HR type of BC had a secondary and does anyone else get the wobbles now and then thinking it will come back.

I know the news of my friend has made me feel like this and the feeling will pass but I also know that you people on here will understand my feelings so I just had to put it down in writing which I know will help.

Just need some reassurrance.

Think your feelings are normal Melena, but as you say, those feelings will pass i am sure.

I think, once you have had a cancer diagnosis, news such as that of your friend, will hit a nerve.

For me, lots of random things hit a nerve, adverts, news of other people getting cancer, pink ribbons even news of a colleague having a baby yesterday (she was chatting about breast feeding on FB and i got really annoyed because she has 2 breasts with which to feed!).

So, accept your feelings are normal, but they will pass. Remind yourself you are well NOW and that is what is important - remember we can’t predict the future.

Naz xxx

Hi Melena

Along with the support here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk things through, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and today 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hello Ladies,  I am having a bit of a wobble,  I had appt with my GP on Monday, and she is sending me for a chest x-ray, I have had a cough for months, hopefully she is right andTake care everyone,  it is linked to my Reflux (GORD) and nothing else, but i cannot help being a little unsure, and my OH is so concerned, as he/we have lost 3 good friends already this year, where it wasn’t found early enough. Just when i thought it was all over!!

Take Care everyone, as always sending warm huggles,

Jenny.