fever with sore mouth

Hi
I just had my third session of EC after 10 days I began to have high fever 39.2°c not decreasing easily only reaching 37.8°c with paracetamol sore mouth toothache and my blood tests showed low white blood cells count . I’m very ill taking antibiotics and not responding at all any one had this experience
Thanks

Hello Passant

Welcome to the BCC forums.

Whilst waiting for support and shared experiences from your fellow users maybe you would like to call our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 and talk to one of our staff who are there to offer support and practical information. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9-5 and Saturday10-2.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Passant, you need to contact your chemo unit, a temperature that high is dangerous, also never take paracetamol to bring your temperature down during chemo as it can hide serious illness. Let us know how you get on x

Seconding contacting chemo unit, but for another reason, infections through your teeth / gums can be serious, that’s why they recommend a dentist visit pre chemo.

Hi chat cat
I did contact my oncologist he was the one who gave me paracetamol antibiotics after checking me for a source of infection and couldn’t find one only low white blood cells count but I talked to him again and he added anti-fungal and gave me an injection to push my white blood cells count up
Now I’m feeling much better
Thanks

Hi Rodent
Unfortunately they didn’t and I’m suffering now but toothache as the oncologist said wasn’t infected and he didn’t recommend any dental interference now it’s already my third session and I have just one to go I hope it goes better
Thanks