1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibroadenomas

3 REPLIES 3

Re: fibroadenomas

If its causing pain surgery is the best option. They try their best to limit scarring. Recovery depends hoe your body copes with the anesthetic, i was ok to go back to work after 2 day (but didnt), I'm 25. you should really give your body a week to recover. Fibroadenoma doesn't increase chances for cancer but a pyllodes tumour does. And reoccurrence is quite common from what I read. Good luck x

Sorry missed a Q!
They say signed off for 1week but can't heavy lift for a while. Mine was difficult to remove so I have been signed off for 2weeks.
Let me know how you get on:)

Hello! I am 21 and just had a fibroadenoma removed. My Fib was 80mm and was taken out from the side of my breast like you have been spoken about. I had it removed during say surgery it was very straight forward and I was out the same day. It is healing very well even though I only had it done 1week ago! My lump was very large and as a result the Dr told me it had been difficult to remove so I would be in pain for a few days. I know other people have said the recovery is very quick & little pain!
The Breast size doesn't change as it naturally refills the "gap " left! I am sorry I am not sure about the other two Qs, I don't believe it is linked to increased BC but I think they can come back so should still be Breast aware.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if anymore questions!
Hope all goes well 🙂 xx

fibroadenomas

Hiya, I'm new here.. I'm 20 years old and I've recently found that I have a fibroadenoma in my left breast, after weeks of wait to find out what the lump was, I'm glad that it's not nothing serious but I'm still quite worried I went back to my consultant today and she said because the lump is quite big, I think she said the lump was 40mm, that they would like to remove it but it's completely up to me.. I would just like to ask a few questions to people have been through this.. is the scaring bad? They said they'd go from the side of my breast by my armpit.. is it painful? Will my breast become a lot smaller if I go through with it? How long is recovery? Does it increase the chance of developing breast cancer if I choose not to have the surgery or can the chance increase even with it removed? Is there a chance it could return? It doesn't cause me any pain it's just uncomfortable to lay in certain positions or even wearing a bra.. hope someone can help me answer these questions, thank you:) x