fibrowhat!!!!

fibrowhat!!!

fibrowhat!!! After discovering that dreaded lump in my left breast six weeks ago, i plucked up enough courage and finally went to the doctors today . After loads of prodding and poking the doc said it is a fibrosomething… why was i not listening!!
Left the GP surgery without asking much because i didnt know what to say, only to be told that i will be getting a letter from the hospital.
I havent anyone yet because I am not sure whether i should be worried and should i worry my friends and family as well.
Been on the web looking for answers… got too much info but not many answers. I suppose it is a waiting game from now… wait for that letter from the hospital.
I am glad i stumbled on this website because after going thro some of the chat forums I have realised that there are so many people in similar situations if not worse. However apologies to all if i am not on the correct chat forum site… i have never used a chat forum before but i had a strong urge to share this with someone.
So challenge for me… be strong, find out more about what is happening and learn to spell the ‘thingy’ :slight_smile:

It sounds like he meant fibroadenoma, this is a benign lump. Whilst he may suspect this he can not give a definative answer without further tests,so referal to the hospital is normal.As everyone here will tell you the waiting is the hardest part. I hope you don’t have to wait too long.
Jakey

Hi redash
sorry to hear you have found a lump, but you have come to the right place for information and support, I think that your GP is talking about a Fibroadenoma, if you click on information at the top of the page, then click on breast cancer and breasthealth, click benign conditions then click on Fibroadenoma you will find a page of information, it can be very frightening going on the web to find so much contridicting information, but the people that run the breast care site give up todate an true information.
good luck with your visit to the hospital the waiting can be very hard
if you need any more support you are at the right place
Heatherellis

Dear redash Welcome to the forums. If you feel that you need further support whilst waiting for your breast clinic appointment, please feel free to contact our freephone confidential helpine on 0808 800 6000 which is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

In addition, you may find the publication by Breast Cancer Care called ‘Referral to a breast clinic’ helpful to read as it contains information about what you may expect to happen at your appointment. You can read this online via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/referral_07_0.pdf

I hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi Redash Hi Redash,

Did your GP agree that there was a palpable lump? If so he/she should refer you urgently and you should be seen at a breast clininc within two weeks.

However, don’t panic. The majority of women with a palpable lump don’t have breast cancer but breast clinic consultants like to check lumps thoroughly and in a timely fashion just in case.

Best wishes,

Sue