finally had my WLE operation yeterday

Jan-mac

Re: finally had my WLE operation yeterday

Hi Ruth
Thinking about you good luck for today lots of love xx Jan xx
Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
I'm sorry to hear you are sore after last friday , hope this heals soon for you and everything goes OK for tomorrow, I will write to you tomorrow afternoon.
Its true I have found chatting here a great help as I have no one around to talk things through with ( not that I would want anyone to feel how we all do) and I think you don't want to tell immediate family how bad you feel at times.
Lots of love Ruth take care xxxx
Jan-mac

Hi Princess bear
Thank you so much for your advise,, I will have a look when I next go to Sainsburys . I have said to the guy I work for I'll be back in about two weeks, I'd rather wait till I've seen the consultant which is about two weeks after the op all being well and they don't like you to drive until after then.
I'm really pleased your feeling better, it is doable one day at a time and not asking too much of yourself.
I wish you loads of luck for Friday please keep in touch all my love Jan xxx
fowey

Good luck all of you who are waiting for results. I feel as though I have been in the wars a bit at the moment, as my left side post surgery is still a bit sore.

Last Friday, I had a portacath fitted on my right side so now both sides are sore and tender. Is interesting reading comments about bras, as I am a top heavy girl and I have found it a release not to wear a bra at night, although I know it is recommended that you do.

I am a bit jittery about my first chemo session tomorrow,as up until now, apart from feeling sore post surgery, I have felt okay otherwise.

I have found chatting here really helps ,although family and friends have been great, I dont have anyone I am close to that has had breast cancer ( I sincerely hope they dont get it ), so sometimes I think they struggle to understand what we ladies are going through. Love xx Ruth xx

princessbear

Hi Jan, I am day 13 post op and recovering well. What I would say is don't rush to do too much too soon, by about day 8/9 I was feeling quite good and did some general tidying and washing etc, but that night I paid for it and was back on the meds. Have taken it much easier since then. Making sure I am doing my exercises. I have found a small pillow to help at night and have slept in a soft cup bra, with mouded cups I got 2 pack from m&s for 12.50 and in the early days wore a crop top over the top of that which I got from sainsburys for £5. The extra support really helped.

I am seeing the surgeon for my results on Friday, which I now just want to get over with and hope everything is fine. The waiting is hard. All being well I will go back to work next week on a phased return.

Best of luck for your surgery. Take care pb xxx

Jan-mac

Hi Blue

Thank you for your advise, that really helps - will go and have a look in Asda, I have got a couple but I don't think they are practical - my mind wasn't really there when I bought them but they will get used anyway.

Wish you loads of luck for your results, this puts a different perspective on everything in life and it becomes allconsuming, my Dad was killed when I was 15 and I've always tended to live for the day a bit but something comes along and wakes you up again.

Everyone's been so kind on this forum and we will get through together - take care all my love xx Jan xx

Blue23

Hi Jan-Mac,

Agree with Angel about pillow, my lumpectomy and SNB was same day as Angel's and i am still using my pillow for sleep and just for support, am still a little sore but really nothing like i was exprecting have not really needed any more than paracetamol or ibuprofen, took codeine to try to help me sleep. i would also recommed a soft comfy crop top type bra. . This was recommended by someone else on this site. I bought one from Asda only £6 and is really comfortable and you will need one and to sleep in. You can step into it so don't need to raise your arms; I would find it difficult to fasten a bra at the moment so this is perfect.

You will feel better  I think after the operation knowing 'its' gone ; I certainly do but now am just starting to get anxious about the results but hey one day at a time !

All the best to you for your op and ask any more practical advice if you need too

xxx

Jan-mac

Hi Angel

Thank you for much for your kind words, when you are diagnosed you don't always think about things and this site is great for advise on things like 'taking a pillow' etc.,

I'm so glad your feeling a bit better, your words make me feel more positive, I've had operations before, but this one has more of an emotional feel to it for us all.

Love & Big Hugs to you - take care Love Jan xxx

angel77

hi jan-mac ..no one would ever be as scared as me about this operation i didnt sleep a week before the op and you know what i really dont know why i was so scared of it . it was fine and i was over thinking things but its a week tomorrow since i had the operation and im recoverying really well .slight ache and pains but nothing like i imagined it to be .. all i can say is take it easy after the operation plenty of rest and take a pillow with you to the hosp so u can use it under the seat belt on your way home. please dont worry over the operation as no one will ever be as nervous as i was xx hugs for you xx
Jan-mac

Thank you for your encouraging words, feel I need all I can get right now, must admit am feeling a bit nervous about my lumpectomy on thursday but be very glad to get it done. Has anyone any advise at all that my help my recovery after please.  Love & Big Hiugs Jan xxx 

Beardies

Hi I have been through rads and it was ok for me I am thinking of you both good,luck hugs x
fowey

Hi Jan,

That is encouraging news for you. At your stage, they knew that my nodes were affected.I had my bone scan yesterday at one hospital and because the breast cance rnure knew I was fretting about the result, she rang me today from my usal hospital to let me know my bone scan was clear of cancer 🙂 In addition my HER2 result was negative, so I don't need an additional drug to deal with that either.

So i was at one hospital yesterday for 5 hours, then at my usual hospital today from 7am - midday for them to fit a portacath. It went well, but it feels really odd. So next step now is the first chemo on Tuesday 29th. Hopefully if your nodes arent involved you will steam ahead to radiotherapy, whereas I have 6 months of chemo to get through, before I embark on the radiotherapy around October time.I also have to have the tablet treatment too 🙂

All in all encouraging for both of us ! 🙂 Like you I felt relieve to get my remaining two results back,it feels like I am slowly ticking a to do list off one at a time 🙂 Take care and keep me posted.Good Luck for Thursday xx Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
Hope everything has gone ok for you today I have been thinking about you all.
I have got results and its stage1/2 cancer so far no nodes involved but are booked in for lumpectomy on Thursday, they've said its an early cancer and after I heal about six weeks later I start radiotherapy, the biopsy showed it to be oestrrogen positive so pills to be taken after alls done. They are still going to biopsy the nodes in theatre just in case - have to have a general anaesthetic cos of where it is Oh Joy!!
Believe it or not feel relieved I now know what I'm dealing with
Take care if you & everyone else out there dealing with this all my love Jan xxx
keeks

Take it easy Angel. Keep taking the pain killers, drink loads of water and just chill. 

It's always a waiting game. Be good to yourself,

I'm waiting to start rads and to be honest I am enjoying the time to do nothing,   

take care

Keeks

angel77

i am acheing more today and so tired but i know its going to be a while before i start to feel a little better x waiting for results now x

lucy12

Hi Angel

So pleased your op went well and that bit is now done, what a relief!

My boob looked like a smurf for quite a few months - I quite miss the smurf look now! I also found that I felt a little bit more sore around days 3/4 after surgery - I think that is when the bruising really came out. Keep up with the painkillers and make sure you rest as much as possible. The minute I started to feel better, I did too much and ended up putting my recovery back by a couple of weeks.

Take care honey

Lu xx

Angie55

Hi Angel

Yes I did, it is still there and I had my op on 29th January. It is fading but I think it may be like that for a little while yet. Pleased to hear you are doing ok, somedays will be better than others.

Take Care

Angie.X

angel77

hi all. still have slight headache been to doctors my blood pressure is still up a bit . ive been given some tablets to try so we shall see if they work .. i ache more today than yesterday but i guess i will start to feel less sore as the days go on .hope you all are ok too ..quick question did anyone else have a blue nipple from the dye ? xx

Jan-mac

Hello Angel
Hope you feeling a little better today - keep strong your doing really well love Jan xxx
princessbear

Morning Angel, I hope your are recovering well and your headache has gone. Rest up and take it easy, xx pb

Kestrel63

Hi Angel, each day things will get a little easier just dont try to do too much too soon. It was 6 months since I had my WLE and it does take time but you will get there. get plenty of rest when you need to. x
Kalo

Hi Angel,
Glad yo see your op is over, I've got the same yo come on Tuesday.
Rest well. X Carole x
Angie55

Hi Angel
I am pleased you have had your op. I was the same when I went for surgery as hadn't had a op before. Try and rest and no lifting or stretching. I had my op at the end of Jan and have 2 more sessions of Radiotherapy to complete. I am going to put my life back on track. Look after yourself.
Take Care
Angie. X
keeks

Glad to hear it all went well Angel

it's never as bad as we can imagine,  nothing about this is, not nice but very doable. 

You  take care

Keeks

Jan-mac

Hi Angel
Well done, glad its over for you take care love Jan xx
fowey

Hi Angel, Glad to hear all went well, rest and enjoy being waited on now 🙂 xx Ruth xx
angel77

thankyou for all your kind words it means a lot . i have never had an operation before so i was worried for that side of it .  its really nothing to worry about the operation its over before you know it x  im just resting up now x

Jaye

Hi Angel

Glad to hear you have got the operation over.

Take care and plenty of rest

Jaye xx

poppet11

Hi Angel

Glad you are home and I wish you well. I go in on 2 May for my WLE & SNB and I am partly dreading the op but cannot wait to get this first hurdle over with and get this lump out of me.

Take care and rest well.

Best wishes
Poppet xx
Stedie

Hi just seen your post take it easy and the worst part over now x take advantage of been pampered x
Donnaandfamily

Well done angel x

the worse is over........just take the next steps one at  a time .....you will be fine xxx

angel77

finally had my WLE operation yeterday

finally had my operation yesterday . im in a bit of pain and feel sore but im glad its over with , was a really long day had to be at the hospital at 10 for injections round the nipple and scan at 12  and wire inserted at 1 and theatre at 3.20 and home at 7.45. such a long day but the worse is over with now x