cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally had my WLE operation yeterday

81 REPLIES 81
angel77

Re: finally had my WLE operation yeterday

thankyou everyone your words mean a lot to me xx hope everybody is doing well and we all soon will be at the end of treatment and look back and say WE DID IT 🙂 xx
princessbear

Hi Angel, I have been wondering how you got on yesterday and I am sorry to hear its not what you were expecting, after all the waiting I'm sure its a lot to take in and get your head around. I felt quite down over the weekend after my results because the waiting and thinking about it all is so incredibly draining. Have you thought about giving the helpline a call? I called for the first time on Saturday, they were great and should be able to help you with your questions about chemo etc. Stay in contact on here. I am sorry i cant offer you any advice about your treatment, but sending you big hugs.Take care xxpb

Angie55

Hi Angel

I was thinking about you yesterday. Sorry to hear that the results were not what you were expecting. I know its not easy but try and take a day at a time knowing that it is one step closer to the end of your treatment. I know it sounds like a long road but you will get there, we all will in the end. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. I will be thinking about you and everyone else going through tests, results and treatment.

I know it is the hardest thing I have ever done.

Take Care

Angie.X

fowey

Hi Angel77,

I know the treeatment plan may sound long winded and daunting, but just tell yourself that every step of the plan is a step closer to recovery xx Ruth xx

Kalo

Hi Angel,
Was thinking about you and your results, so maybe not what you hoped for but time to move onto the next step of your journey to recovery.
((Hugs)). Carole x
Jaye

Hi Angel

Sorry to hear your results weren't the best

Try to take it step by step and concentrate on your next stage of this horrible journey.

All the best

Jaye x

angel77

thankyou jan-mac thats really kind of you ,thankyou to your husband too x
Jan-mac

Hi Angel
I have been thinking about you today, I'm sorry you haven't had better news but re: the ct chemo I believe its a mits a mix of two drugs one being taxotere, my husband worked on this drug while working in research, he said to tell you its well tried and tested apparently an excellent drug with good results.
I wish you all the best lots of love Jan xx
angel77

hi all i got my results .. not too impressed to be honest .  i have to have 4 sessions of chemo.6 weeks of radiotheraphy and herceptin injections for a year and 5 years of tamoxifen ..my cancer is grade 3 but stage 1 .. my chemo im having is CT .. has anybodyy had CT chemo ?? xxx

Jaye

Thinking of you today

Jaye x

princessbear

Hi Angel, thinking of you today. Let us know how you get on. Take care. Xxpb

Kalo

Hi Angel77,
Thinking of you for tomorrow. X
Carole
fowey

Angel77 Good Luck xx Ruth xx
angel77

thankyou 🙂 i will let you all know x

Angie55

Hi Angel

I will be thinking about tomorrow, hope all goes well for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Take Care

Angie. X

Jan-mac

Hi Angel
Wish you all the best for tomorrow hope all goes well for you, please let me know how you get on.
Love & Big Hugs Jan xxx
fowey

Hi Jan,

Glad to hear you have had a good day today. I had family round, I have only been out once since beginning treatment last Tuesday as I didn't know how I would feel. I am feeling much better this evening. It is difficult trying to decide how much to do isn't it without getting too tired and regretting it 🙂

My hubby is off tomorrow as well, so we are going to go for a stroll around a garden centre and maybe stop for a coffee 🙂

All the best for the 16th, although I am sure we will post here before then xx Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
Hope you doing ok today. I have to go to clinic on the 16th for results and to discuss further treatment, as far as I know radiotherapy.
Have been out today with Del & Loren for a drive and we stopped for a coffee near a marina, all very nice but have now come over really tired, never mind I know its one of the effects of having an op, wears off after a while.
Wish you all the best as always and i hope you've had a nice weekend xx love Jan xx

fowey

Hi Jan,

Yes, on the up now.Judging by other comments in the moving on with treatment section, the effects of the chemo seems to hit on day 5 which was the case with me.

When do you get your results? After all the too-ing and froo-ing to hospital over a period of 8 weeks, it does seem odd to have this lull now, before my next chemo on May 20th, but most welcome too 🙂

You have a nice weekend too xx Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
Glad to hear you've had a better night, can you drink fresh mint tea it is very good for you. I have found that can help.
Have been out for a walk today with Del & dogs it was OK but feel a bit tired now. Took my tapes off where I've been operated on - Miss Gray done an excellent job now I just need to heal.

Take care and have a nice weekend.

All my love xxjan xx 🙂
princessbear

Good to hear you are doing better Ruth. I hope you manage to get out in the lovely spring sunshine over the long weekend. We went to see the bluebells yesterday in a wood near home. Birds and butterflies everywhere and a lovely blue sky. The sun makes such  difference doesn't it. Sometimes its the simple pleasures. Take care xxx

fowey

Hi Jan and Princess Bear,

Thank you for your sympathy, I had a much better night last night, but then I didn't really eat much at all yesterday. I do have a packet of polos constantly attached to me, mint deff helps !

I hope you are both doing okay xx Ruth xx

princessbear

Hi Ruth, sorry to hear you are suffering with indigestion etc. I had suffered with IBS for a number of years and have had quite a few flair ups since being diagnosed. I pretty much take peppermint capsules everyday when things are bad. I get them from Holland and Barrett and always gets the enteric coated ones so they don't dissolve until they are in your intestine, so you are not tasting mint all the time. I pop one as soon as dinner is finished, but when I'm really bad I will have one after each meal, but generally try to eat little and often rather than big meals. This might help?

I hope things improve for you. Take care xxxpb

Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling bad, there's nothing worse than stomach problems, are you able to take anything like zantec or have peppermint tea with your meals - that was recommended to me sometime ago.
Please give my birthday wishes to your husband, I hope you feel better soon and are able to have a nice day.
My Loren comes back today so I'm going in the car to meet her at stanstead, then she is staying for a while.
I wish you all the best for the weekend, I'm sure you will be ok because your so positive.
All my love - take care of you love Jan xxx
fowey

Hi Jan,

I will keep my fingers crossed that they got everything in your first op and that your results are good 🙂

I had a really bad night last night. It was my fault, because having erred on caution and just eaten snacks little and often, I had a pasta meal with salad and garlic bread at around 7pm and boy did I pay for doing that ! I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 1am with the most awful indigestion and and ended up sitting up until 4am watching a dvd and reading.

My poor hubby its his birthday today so we are having a quiet day and taking it easy.

Angel good luck to you as well xx Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Angel
I know what you mean after the op there's relief and then as the date creeps nearer all sorts of things go through your head . I was absolutely dreading my biopsy results I went in there trying not to keep shaking but in a way it was what I expected and could of been worse.
I'm at the stage where I'm hoping I dont get a call back after Thursdays surgery and really hope they've got evrrything . I'm back in clinic on the 16th and I know I will feel the same as you.
But at the mo I think if I don't hear in the meantime things may be ok..and I will just progress with treatment.
Take care darling I wish you loads of luck big hugs love Jan xx
angel77

hi all . i get my results and im back to not sleeping again . worry i think makes me not sleep. roll on wednesday at least then i will get my treatment plan and my journey can start again now the ops over with x
Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
It's understandable that your not sleeping properly with everything apart from going through chemo, I must admit I'm not very tired at all and was awake about 4 last night but had to have some painkillers then fell asleep again for an hour or two, then you end up with a headache. I'm trying to stay up as long as tonight so that I can try and sleep through when I finally get there.
Must be mad am watching 'young Frankenstein' at the mo del keep dozing off!!
Take care - hope you get some rest tonight will be in touch soon live jan xxx
fowey

Hi Jan ,

I have been up and about the past few mornings at 5am lol. I normally sleep for 8 hours out for the count, but have been rudely awakened needing a pee, then as I have had 6 hours or so sleep, not been tired enough to return to bed. I assume it must be one of the chemo meds I am on. So its been a cuppa, watching sky planner or reading as I see dawn arriving for first time in years !

Good Luck all here awaiting results, I pop back to see how everyone is but I am also on starting chemo in May 2014 thread on going through treatment area of this forum. Its surprising how the memory fades re the op and portacath fitting once a few weeks have gone by, once wounds begin to heal 🙂

xx Ruth xx

Jbf57

Hi Jan
My daughter has come over with her boyfriend so they're preparing dinner for us, which is very nice. Not had much chance to rest as have had visitors and phone calls throughout the afternoon, lots of flowers now and cards, which is lovely. My breast care nurse rang to check on me, still no firm date for results. Started with a few niggles and pain now so taken paracetamol - hope I sleep tonight! Might relegate husband to another bedroom. So pleased it's been sunny today, my spirits have really felt lifted. Hope you're doing ok, have a good weekend and keep resting. By the way, I was eating my breakfast at 5am today after the cat woke me at 4 to be fed!!
Best wishes Janex

Jan-mac

Hi Jane
Hope your doing ok and are getting some rest after yesterday. I know what you mean about snoring husbands! I was wandering round about 5 this morning looking for paracetamol while he was making loud noises.
I have spoken to the breast cancer nurse today, they ring as a matter of course, I'm back in clinic on the 16th at 11 just hope I don't hear from them before.
I'm with Southend hospital must admit they've been really good.
Take care, I wish you loads of luck love jan xx
WP23

Thanks Jane

I have been out in the sunshine this afternoon to some lovely gardens nearby, feel refreshed.

Yes i will keep you updated, praying for clear margins and nodes:). My first results were ER 0/8 but haveto wait for everything else.

Enjoy the bank holiday xx

Wendy

Jbf57

Hi Wendy
The travelling is a bit of a nuisance, isn't it? I hope I can go to Preston for rad treatment, that's a 50 mile round trip but at least part of it will be M6 (A6 if there are hold ups/accidents on M6). Daren't think about chemo - really hoping won't be going down that route. I know my first results showed my bc to be ER neg but have no knowledge of HER2 so presume that will be known in a couple of weeks. Just had a short walk because it's a beautiful day, I am running on pure adrenalin I know, and tomorrow will no doubt be quite different! (I was like this a couple of other times after various operations - creature of habit) I think I'm babbling a bit too! Hope it's sunny where you are. Keep me posted re your results. Have a good weekend
Best wishes
Janex
fowey

Hi Jan,

Good to hear you are recovering, I had really low blood pressure after my op too and nurses said same thing that I hadnt eaten for so long 🙂 Usually I am on pills for high blood pressure.

Still not too bad after first chemo on Tuesday, other than maybe a bit tired but sleeping fitfully at mo, curiously cam on my period for first time since June 2013, but the nurses said it wasnt anything to get concerned about 🙂

Heres hoping all your margins are clear love Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Ladies

Thank you for all your wonderful support, it helps so much. Well I m up and alive this morning - have got a bit of a headache but that's just due to the fact I did'nt sleep so well last night being as I was forced to sleep yesterday morning, also unbelievably my blood pressure ran low - never done it before but think it was due to the lack of food the day before the op. Could'nt of worried them that much though because I was let home.

I'm a bit sore - particulary where the biopsy for the nodes was taken but to be be honest you would expect that its very tender there after all.  But other than that nothing is too bad.

I am at Southend Hospital in Essex - got to be honest they have been excellent,I was only diagnosed by biopsy on Friday and was operated on yesterday - the nurses on the day stay are lovely, as are the ladies at the breast unit.  I am back on the 16th but do not know a time yet - they are ringing me today.

Just hope they have got everything and the margins are clear. 

I wish everyone going through this loads of luck and thank you again allmy love Jan xxx

WP23

Hi Jane

Hospital was brilliant and i am recovering really well, just the waiting for results that is driving me mad, bank holidays are delaying things. Luckily the hospital where i had the op is only 4 miles away, but had to go to Carlisle (50miles) for initial appointments (mammogram and scan) and will haveto travel there daily for radiotherapy. Chemotherapy can be done at my local hospital if required :(, praying that my results will not warrant that.

I am glad that you are feeling so well today, keep on top of your pain killers. It feels brilliant just to have the lump removed:).

Take care

Wendy x

Jbf57

Hi Wendy
I see the surgeon at Lancaster, had my surgery in Kendal and went to sunny Barrow to have trace and scan a couple of days ago! Have to say, treatment at WGH yesterday was brilliant, even though they had no radiologist so had to go to Lancaster first thing to be marked up!!! Have to say, even having had only a few hours sleep feel on top of the world this morning! How are things with you? Sorry about last remark if you're not so good, just so glad the op's over. Told last night should have results in 2 weeks, but then there's the bank holiday to consider, so who knows. Take care.
Best wishes
Janex
WP23

Hi Jane

Which hospital do you use?

I live in Cumbria and had my op at the West Cumberland hospital on 14th April, no results yet! hopefully will be back to be discussed by the team at the meeting next Tuesday then with me shortly after that.

Wendy x
Jbf57

Hi Jan
Glad you got it over and done with and home in good time. Sounds like you're feeling ok, which is great. I got back at 10.30 last night and was just pleased to sleep in my own bed, apart from my husband snoring, that is!
Hope you progress well, have you had a date for your results yet? Btw, which part of the country are you in, I'm on the edge of the Lake District (beautiful area but not so great for hospitals!) take care, perhaps we could swap notes as we have similarities in diagnosis.
Best wishes Jane
princessbear

Glad to hear that you are already home Jan and resting. Take care. Xxpb

fowey

Jan wow you have done well to come out the same day !!! I had to stay in overnight.Like you they had trouble finding my lump with the wire too, they tried viua a scan then gave up and went to x-ray.

Glad it all went well, rest up and enjoy being pampered tonight xx Ruth xx

Angie55

Hi Jan
I am pleased you got on ok and feeling not to bad. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Don't do any heavy lifting or stretching. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.
Take Care
Angie. X
Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
Thank you so much, I am home and eating - I am so hungry amazing after a g/a. All ok they had some difficulty finding this lump with the loc wire, could of done without that! But all in all I'm ok.

Thank you to everyone for your support and will be in touch when I'm more alive xx love Jan xx
fowey

jbf57,

Good Luck.I got told to be at my hospital for a 7.30a, wire insertion, was supposed to have WLL and SNB at 1.30pm and ended up going to thatre at 3.30pm, not having waten or drunk anything since 8pm the night before !!!.All good in the end though 🙂 xx Ruth xx

fowey

Hi jan,

I will be thinking of you today, let us know how you get on, akk the best xx Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi
Thank you so much am in today on the morning list for lumpectomy so starting to get ready now, must admit to feeling a but scared I have a dread of general anaesthetics due to a spine op years ago but i know its not the same.
However good luck to all today
Love Jan xxx
Jbf57

Well, here I am having my breakfast just wanting today to be over. Spent 5 hours with a 90 mile round trip to have tracer & scan yesterday. This morning, I'm going to LRI for 9am to be 'marked up' and then have to be at WGH by 11am. Apparently the hospital where I'm having my lumpectomy is short of a piece of equipment. Will be last on list because of this so surgery around 4.30pm. Won't hold my breath. As my lovely radiographer said yesterday, 'it's going to be a heck of a long day for you Jane'. Glad I'm actually not bothered about the op, had several over the years, so still feeling very positive ..... Best of luck to all of you out of there having surgery today, and hope things run more smoothly for you!
fowey

Hi Jan,

Thank you so much xxxxx

Do let me know how you get on Thursday, I will be rooting for you ! Try not to worry, I know its difficult. The only way I have stayed positive is to keep myself so busy, I zonk out at night, plus insisting that all my near and dear ones go about their normal everyday lives.

One step at a time, we have come so far already Loads of Love Ruth xx

Jan-mac

Hi Ruth
I'm so pleased to hear from you, I've been thinking about you all day.
I'm glad things have started ok for you, thank goodness they've given you anti-sickness meds there's nothing worse than having to cope with feeling sick as well as everything else.
Now you can start to think your recovery has definitely began and with everyday you will become stronger - you have done so well and seem so positive.
I will be glad when Thursdays over another milestone! Meanwhile back to sorting out kids!
All my love - take care and rest up now xx love Jan xx
fowey

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your supportive messages. I was  there for 4 hours for my first chemo, but only because I have opted to try the cold cap 🙂 When it first went on I thought I wouldnt beable to stand it, but if you can bear the first 10 minutes, it is very doable.

The nurses were fantastic and so patient answering my endless questions, that they have  probably heard a hundred times before 🙂  The portacath area was so sore, but they were so gentle and next time I have a cream to put on before arriving there, in order to numb the area. I felt nothing whilst there and have been given a whole array of anti nausea drugs to take whether I feel unwell or not and have been told to take them whether I feel sick or not to stave off any possibilty.

I have an injection to self adminster tomorrow relating to the white blood cells.

So it was a positive experience for me today, whether I will still be saying that later on tonight remains to be seen 🙂 I am so scatty, I remembered to take conditioner for my hair, but no hairbrush or cardy as I got cold whilst sitting with the cold cap on after a while,

The very best of luck with your op,I will be thinking about you xx Ruth xx