finding wigs in sheffield

hello! i have lost my hair due to effects of chemo and am struggling to find a good wig. Have tried the two places recommended by weston park hospital but have had no success. Have also tried the service offered by Toni and Guy but again no success.All the wigs ive tried look totally fake.Am hoping to find something like my own old hair, a brown “pob”!Just wondered whether anyone has had success, what am i doing wrong?!

Hi,
Got mine from Trends on Glossop Road. There is also the other one behind it, in Broomhall, which I did not try. I only wear mine occasionally, so it was not a priority. I have found hats a lot more comfortable. Didn’t you like any?
Tracey

No, maybe i’m too fussy!! Tried a few styles in my usual dark brown colour but thinking about it, chemo has made me a bit washed out so think i might pop back and try a lighter one? Did have a toddler with me when i went too which probably didn’t help either!! Thanks for replying, take care.

Have done a bit of research about most realistic wigs, as I have permanent bald spot on one side of my head due to radiotherapy. Anyway went on the Alopecia UK forum and the consensus among members was that lace wigs are the most convincing (and I now have three, so I agree). Basically they are a mesh with human hair attached (what they call remy hair, which is indian or chinese hair), so when applied, the mesh disappears, and you can see the bald scalp below - so that it looks like hair is growing out of the scalp.
Downside is the wigs are attached at the perimeter with adhesive tape, so once applied you leave them for a while (just shampoo as normal hair). I personally don’t like having a wig on all the time, so I only wear a wig in social situations, and tend to wear a cap when I go to the shops or take the dog out.
You can also get lace front wigs, so that you only have to stick them at the front, but you cant tie the hair back or put it up.
They cost in the region of £180.00 - £350.00, so they’re not too expensive (although lace wigs do wear out, if you wear them constantly). If you would like to pm me I will tell you where I got mine from.
There is another type of wig, made by a company in New Zealand who apparently make incredibly realistic wigs, with a vacuum system (so no tape required), but they are very expensive (£3,000).