first weekly taxol

My bilirubin was 26 and other lfts were slightly still high but low enough for me to start taxol.It was ahorrendously long day. Appointment at 1130 but saw onc at 1pm and started treatment with piriton, dexamethasone, and ranitidine and then taxol at 4pm and finished at 6pm. My friend had to leave so the dept organised a pre paid taxi for me which was wonderful.
The consultant said I shouldn’t be driving but he couldn’t tell me why apart from my levels of concentration. I feel safe driving locally but have to admit I found the 120 mile journey to my sister a bit much.
Was very tired yeserday and had early night but felt so awful today. Was so wheezy I needed to get the kids my nebuliser before I got out of bed, then have been so sick and had stomach pain and felt awful.
Off on holiday to kent tomorrow so hope i pick up then
Kate

Hi Kate

Just wanted to say i’m glad you have managed to have your first Taxol, Like you I also have piriton, Dexamethasone and Ranitidine. I can understand the consultant not wanting you to drive as i find after my infusions, i am a bit dizzy, drowsy and my legs are like jelly so i wouldnt feel save driving.

The taxol makes me very tired so i sleep most afternoons, i am using the cold cap but its not working for me as my hair has started to fall out now which i’m gutted about.

Hope the stomach pain has gone and the sickness, i find drinking lots of fluids helps me, it seems to flush it out quicker… i drink pints of weak squash…

Hope you have a lovely holiday, not sure how long your going for… but look forward to hearing about the good time you had when you get back…

Love Jakki
xxxxxx

Go, Kate!

So glad your bilirubin was acceptable - must be a relief to be starting some treatment at last! So impressed by your 120 mile drives - I can barely navigate to local Sainsbury’s!

I hope your nausea and cramps (?) ease up and you feel better during your Kent break. I’m assuming that weekly Taxol recovery time is shorter than 3 weekly Taxol and that it improves with each cycle.

xxx

Hi Kate,
I have weekly Taxol and alternate weeks Avastin. So far I have had 11 Taxols. As far as the driving thing goes, I can drive locally on days 1,2 and 6 after the treatment. The other days I don’t feel so great and if I have to go anywhere I usually organise a friend to take me.
Although I feel perfectly fine on the day of the treatment, I do not drive as they give me a dose of Benadryl which really knocks me out.

I have only vomited once, but I think it was due to being dehydrated more than the chemo. I get some more heartburn, but a Rennie takes care of that.

If you post again with more of your symptoms, we can compare notes. But I do not want to say mine right now as you may not be experiencing the same things.
Wishing you well,
Penny