Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fluid drained

4 REPLIES 4
ForumMember

Re: fluid drained

Dear Mel

It sounds like you're having a really difficult time, I can see that you have received valuable support from our forum members.

If you feel that you need more support there are other sources of help, you are welcome to call our helpline or you may prefer to contact a MacMillan nurse who will be able to offer you support and advice about managing your pain and symptoms. You can contact MacMillan Cancer Care on 0808 808 2020 or your GP can refer you onto your local nurse, our Breast Cancer Care helpline is on 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Best wishes
Lucy

LottieLemon

Sorry to hear you are in pain. I find co-codamol (Zapain) good for pain relief, you can take with Ibuprofen as well. It does not make me sleepy. I know pain relief is very individual thing, I didn't get on with morphine (Oramorph) as it made me nauseous.

I talk with the hospice community nurse about pain relief (and nausea problems), she is more knowledgeable on that side than onc or GP, and she is on end of phone when I need to talk. It might be worth getting a referral if there is someone similar near you.

Lottie

jumpforjoy

I had fluid around my lungs drained. It brought me instant relief. They got around 4 pints off. The procedure was carried out in hospital and I had to stay in for a couple of days, but on the whole it was a simple and painless procedure. I am glad I decided to have it done, as they did give me the choice of that or waiting to see if it drained off naturally with time. (the fluid was the result of taxotere side effect, not the cancer) Sorry I have no information about fluid around liver, but I am sure you would be better off without it in your body.

KatherineM

Mel

I haven't had it done but there have been people posting about it - I think it gives alot of relief very quickly. Do you ave a date? You need to ring them and pester the if you don't - don't be shy as you say you don't want to just up the morphine you want them to do something and they can .

Let us all know how you get on. I am sorry the chemo isnt working - have they suggested which one they will try?

love and a hug
cathy

mel69121

fluid drained

Hi
I have liver and lung mets am having my chemo changed as they say that it is not working as tumor markers are going up . But I am in a lot of pain and have fluid around my liver or some where in my stomach that they are going to drain out.Has anyone else had this .With regards to the pain all they tell me to do is up the morphine which then sends me to sleep( as if I dont do enough of that already) it then starts effecting my life,as if that is not effected enough as it is.Has anyone got any help or ideas as I am getting to the end of my teather with all this

Mel