found out stage

Hi seen consultant , ,have stage 2 with lymph node involvement  ,to have  6 doses of chemotherapy over 18 weeks , Feck and do something ,partner could not spell it  , then surgery , then radiation therapy   , then reconstruction  .Stay in Kilmaurs  . have appointment for wig fitting wednesday ,oncologist tuesday  ,finding everything overwhelming .  Patricia  xx

Hi Patricia and welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the help and support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000, our team are on hand with emotional and practical support for you and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

The following links will take you to the BCC ‘Just diagnosed’ and ‘Treatments’ section of the site where you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Patricia

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way, but it’s understandable, you’ve had the diagnosis news and now the treatment plan, all in a very short space of time. I’m not sure anyone really gets used to it.

Take it one step and one day at a time. You’ll find lots of support here.

Take care

Mary

Hi Patricia, I am Glasgow, so not so far from you really.  Three years ago I was roughly where you are now, except my cancer was stage 3 grade 3.  I had FEC-T (FEC then docetaxol which is also known as taxotere) chemo, surgery with immediate reconstruction and 25 zaps of rads.  It sounds mad but once you get into the treatment phase it will feel better, you wil get some control back and a routine that will take you through it all.  It feesl like forever now, but suddenly you will be out the other side and getting on with life.

If you are interested there is a Glasgow & Ayrshire Facebook group who have fairly regualr meet ups in real life - send me a message if you’d like to join us.  We can also point you to things like Maggies, Cancer Support Scotland, Wig bank etc.

Hi Patricia, 

I’m sorry to hear your news and just wanted you to know that I’m at the same place right now and I feel totally overwhelmed too.  It’s been a roller coaster, I didn’t even know I had a lump it was the routine breast screening that detected the lumps.  It’s all happened so fast, I hadn’t even had the mammogram a month ago.

Been lots of swearing and crying here, I still can’t quite believe it’s happening.  There are waves of calm and then of hysteria.  My BCN at hospital keeps saying have a good cry and let it out it can help.

Everyone is so different though, different experiences, different diagnosis, different ways of handling things - I’m confused, worried, petrified even, weep at the drop of a hat.

I hope and take heart from revcat that once treatment starts there will be a feeling of some sort of control, I’ll at least be doing something then, not just waiting.

take care

Jx 

Roughly same story as yours, like revcat, I found it was better once I’d started treatment and got into the routine.I’ve done a blog/ website cos so many friends wanted to know about my treatment, it’s only my experience/ research not verified so I’ll not put it here but i’ll send it privately if you want.

Have sent you a PM (private message) Trish