free month supply of Arimidex

free month supply of Arimidex

free month supply of Arimidex I have just been changed from Arimidex to Femara. I was on my last 2 tabs of Arimidex so had already collected my prescription from Boots. I know how expensive this drug is so phoned Boots to see if i could return the unopened box of Arimidex (I only collected this a week ago and it is still in the pharmacy bag) but was told that they could not take it back once it had left the pharmacy

I find it ludicrous that the NHS is in such a state but they can’t take this expensive drug back. Don’t get me wrong I do understand that they have to follow their policies and procedures and that they are in place for the benefit of us all but it just seems such a waste, so if there is anyone out there that pays for their prescriptions and wants a free box of Arimidex then if there is a way that they can contact me I will gladly pay the postage to send it to them if only to save wasting such an expensive drug

I do not know if I am able to do this and BCC may inform me that I can’t but I thought it would be worth a try

I understand that there is another site where you can give each other your email addresses (must admit, that is something I really miss on here since it was stopped) So if anyone is interested please let me know. Its worth a try anyway, I just can’t bring myself to flush these down the toilet

Reply to Pollyansa Hi Pollyansa
As you mentioned, Bcc do not encourage passing on of medication.

May I suggest returning them to your GP or local hospital.

Kind regards

Bcc Host

Extraordinary - Lloyds took back my redundant unopened box with no argument. Perhaps your GP will take them. I would make a fuss about this. It’s ridiculous and such a time waster.

Phobe Hi Pheobe

Yes, the phrmacy will take them back but I’m sure that they would have made arrangements for them to be destroyed. They can’t take chances on returned medication I’m afraid.

Best wishes

Bill

Hi pollyansa,

Just posting with the “other site”.

www.phpbbserver.com/breastcancer

It is a good site, very supportive and we do have private mail facility. But I want to emphasise here for anyone joining us there, please don’t neglect this site. We all have so much to give to others and to share as we cope this wretched disease that the more people we can reach to do this the better.

Dawnhc

Thanks Dawn for the link, I certainly won’t neglect this site, must admit go for ages and don’t log on and then seem to be on every day. I have had far more information off here than I have ever got from the hospital and I do tell every one I speak to about it

With the tablets scenario, anywhere I take them they will be destroyed, seems such a shame, but that is to protect all of us I suppose…anyway have decided to hang on to them and wait to see if the Femara does suit me better, if not I may be back on Arimidex anyway