328323posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

friend with possible mets from lobular bc to duodenum - looking for advice

3 REPLIES 3

Re: friend with possible mets from lobular bc to duodenum - looking for advice

Hi. I am the friend and I am still in hospital using my pbone. Anyway been here three weeks and have not eaten for four weeks. Blockage in stomach area is thought to be caused by secondary bc but not yet proved. The doctor see.s very sure though. A stent will probably be placed within the next couple of weeks and then I will see an oncologist about chemo and/or hormone therapy. I am a lobular girl. Is there anyone with similar who can advise me what to expect?

Hi Victoria

Now you have posted a reply your post is in latest posts, I am afraid that is one of the problems with this site, until a reply is posted in a new thread it stays in New threads

I am sorry to read the news about your friend, please call our helpliners to talk through your queries on 0808 800 6000 lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Best wishes

Lucy

BCC moderators - I have just posted this thread - but don't see it appearing in the latest threads. Is it possible to get it to show there too - as otherwise may not be seen.
Thanks very much.
Victoria

friend with possible mets from lobular bc to duodenum - looking for advice

A friend of mine who used to be a regular user of this site (as was I) is currently in hospital undergoing tests for possible lobular breast cancer (diagnosed four years ago) which may now have returned as secondaries to the duodenum area. She's hoping to come back on to the bcc site herself soon - but whilst in hospital it's difficult for her to access the internet.

My friend wondered whether anyone has undergone such a diagnosis - which is apparently an area LBC can spread to. She wondered in particular about what treatment options are available and whether there are any consultants or hospitals which have experience in dealing with this kind of spread.

Grateful for any advice or thoughts.

Victoria