frightened please can someone help

Hi everyone sorry haven’t been on here for quite a while. I have found myself in that dark place again. Finished herceptin in March all went well no side effects, 2 weeks ago I found a tiny lump just above my collar bone, gp said scar tissue will keep an eye, around the same time I have had bronchitis tooth access, cold and a rash. went to see oncologist as very scared she could feel it but said it was really tiny sent for ultrasound they checked all glands in my neck and under good arm all good, but had to biopsy the one on my neck and an area from my anc said they thought that was scar tissue. Very scared now coming upto 1 year since mastectomy now. So frightened about the results and the cough is really worrying me too want to cry, but, have 2 small girls so paint smile. Sorry to bother you girls have no-one else, husband in bad place as father in law diagnosed with bowel cancer couple of months ago and recent scan result not good. Thank you for listening. Xxxx

Hi Tri,
Can understand you being scared however it sounds like they are being very thorough checking it out (which is good) and as they are saying it may well be scar tissue which I understand can form hard lumps.
It sounds like it’s also the timing, I’m coming up to my 1st anniversary of diagnosis, it jolts you, and while I know the next scans will most likely be fine, we all know having been though this once, that you can’t take anything for granted. We have gone through a reality check which many people are still blissfully ignorant of. I guess that gives us the one advantage that we can also sift the real stuff (including the good stuff) from the rest…
I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results, And I hope that the cough and cold shift soon.
Seabreeze X

Tri

Please try not to worry to much as it makes you ill. I am also waiting for results and i was fine on Friday but am waiting for results on Monday so now i have a cough and pains starting in my back, neck and head and i cannot sleep and am shaking like i am auditioning for a spot on u tube! Its all normal as a result of anxiety.

So please don’t worry about aches and pains at this time.

I hope your results are good Stay positive.

Thank you so much seabreeze. Good luck for Monday patricia will be thinking of you, have fingers crossed. Xxx

Hello tri,  just wondering how you are?

Huggles, Jenny.

Hi jenny thanks for your message I didn’t like to comment again as the news wasn’t good don’t want to upset anyone. Xxx

Hello tri, just wanted to send strength and positive thoughts your way. Difficult times I’m sure, but hoping you will feel strong enough to get the support you might need from the ladies on here.

Thank you everyone for the lovely messages. Just started my first dose of capecitabine this morning a bit nervous about the side effects but glad to be doing something to fight this thing. Very upset and scared but plodding on. ? . Big hugs everyone ?

Hi Tri
I am sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time at the moment, along with the valuable support here our helpliners are on hand for you, lines are open Saturdays 10-2 and weekdays 9-5 on 0808 800 6000

I am posting a link to further secondary support from BCC which I hope will be helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC