75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting up the middle of every night for a wea ( herceptin & tamoxifen )

9 REPLIES 9

Re: getting up the middle of every night for a wea ( herceptin & tamoxifen )

Hi girls, just read your posts and I experience the same, although I am on anastrozole.  Really noticed that i need to wee so much More. I take mine between 7 and 9 at night. Also have vaginal dryness but found Yes to be the best. Oh what we have to put up with, but as the saying goes where there's a will there's a way.  Stay strong lol xxxxxx

Hi Angel, I have the same question! I'm relieved not to be the only one. I get up 3 times a night sometimes and it's exhausting. I started tamoxifen in October 2014. Finished rads in Dec. I'm Worried it might be something sinister but I've had enough so I'm scared to go to the GP

Hi I'm on tamoxifen and have also been waking up between 3 and 4 a.m. Such a simple idea angiepops, thanks. I've switched to taking it in the morning when I get up and mostly sleep through until 6 now. 

Funnily enough I still get a severe hot flush at about 10 p.m. regardless of when I take it. Really annoying!

Luckily I haven't experienced any incontinence. Hope it's short-lived Kiki-Boo. xx

Hiya fellow bc heros,

Wow, I thought it was just me!

I have eperienced needing a wee in the night for 3 and half months now on Tamoxifen; I do try not to drink too much in the evening and its some times makes a difference.

I have also started to experience slight incontinence! (I'm only 39!). I hate it as I feel like a old granny! Anyone else?

Thanks for the shares, it helps.

Kate x

hi

ive been taking tamoxifen for 18 months, and i was getting up every night at 4am, so  started taking it at 5 oclock teatime and now i sleep all night. strange but true

angie xx

hi all .. thanks for your replys . i too have hot flushes and night sweats . im waiting for my doctor to call me back today as i want to mention this all to him . ive read it can be water retention which tamoxifen causes . so shall let you know what he says x but this broken sleep is driving me mad as it takes me about an hour to get to sleep lol x

Hi Ladies, I have been on tamoxifen for four months now and find I wake every night to go to the toilet it is easing to once or twice but at the start I felt like I was up and down all night ! It also seems to correspond with having a hot flush and this happens during the day too?? Does anyone else have this ? xxx

Hi Angel, I was waking up between 2 and 3am. 15 months after surgery I have suddenly started sleeping through some nights. I have no idea why, but it is lovely!  I am on Tam, so blame every thing on it.  Not sure if it is a menopause thing. I tried reducing fluids in the evening and trying to keep my eyes shut and not look at the clock, drinking lots of alcohol and drinking no alcohol, but once I have woken up I have to get up for a wee before I can go back to sleep. I have found a lot of the discomfort from radiotherapy has eased off after the 12 months mark and the sleep is now improving, so I think you just have to hang on in there.

Hi Angel 77 - been on tamoxifen since end of August and I'm up every night for a pee, usually around 4am. I've found it helps not to drink anything after 9am. Hope this helps

getting up the middle of every night for a wea ( herceptin & tamoxifen )

hi all ... i have a question for you all ... i got diagnosed march 2014 had operation in april 2014 and then chemo and radiotheraphy which finished in october 2014 . im still on herceptin ( 7 more to go ) and on tamoxifen still which started september 2014 .. well heres the problem i get a swollen belly every evening and  i am getting up every night to go a wea its always around 4 am .. can some one please tell me if its due to the treatment im still on ? is anyone else having the same problem.. driving me mad keep waking up every night x thanks 4 reading