1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good news...stable

50 REPLIES 50

Re: good news...stable

Jane that's great news. Enjoy the chemo break and have a good summer.

Anthi x

May I too add my delight at the good news - and may you all have a lovely Summer

Josie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane

great news..... i have just started gem/carbo so hope for good stuff there too.

enjoy the break.

Jan xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Jane

Fantastic news. I am delighted for you. Enjoy the chemo break to the full.

Love and strength

Dilys

Dear Jane just back from holiday,I am so happy for your news stable is about as good as it gets[apart from NED].Now you can relax a bit and try to enjoy the summer.Love to you.Valxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Jane

i don't often reply to post as i can't offer much advice, i come on this forum as my mum has been diagnosed with triple neg, and if it wasn't for reading your previous posts i would not have know much about this at all, so i would just like to take the opertunity to thank you.
you are an incredibly strong woman, and i am so happy for you that you have had this fantastic news. hope you have a lovley summer. take care
love jo

pinkdove

i would just like to echo what i have said above to you too, great news.

you are all brave woman and are all in my thoughts and prayers, love and hugs to you all.

HI Jane

Just to echo what everyone has already said, fantastic news and long may it continue. I'm having a weepy moment for you!

Becks xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane, Jools and Pinkdove

Really pleased for all of you! Long (long long) may it last.

Kay x

Guest user
Not applicable

well done jane and pinkdove i am so pleased for you both .keep going xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane and pinkdov,

I' so pleased for you both. Its so good to hear good news it really lifts everyones spirits up.

Hugs to you both
Luv
Sukes

Excellent news, Jane, and to everyone who's had good news recently. And to everyone who's going through it at the moment, the good times are ahead for you to look forward to 🙂

Good luck to us all.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant news. Congratulations.

Best wishes

Linda

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow Jane, you keep on proving them wrong. Long may it continue!!!
Hope my Triple Neg defies the grim prognosis too!!!

Best wishes
Ali
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane,

Really pleased to hear your good news as I know you have had endless chemo.

Enjoy the break and the summertime

Angee xx

Guest user
Not applicable

fantastic, stable is very good news! I also got the results of my last CT scan the other day, and also my tumor in supraclavicular and mediastinic lymphonodes has been stable since December, I am also triple negative and I am also hoping not basal, although this is not so easy to define from the markers known so far!
I am going on with the treatment, since this stuff I am taking (inhibitor of PI3K, phase I/II trial) is not giving me major side effects.
Hope for everybody here that "stable" could become the new "negative" !
sabrina

Hi Jane

I'm really pleased that you've had some good news for a change!

I had some this morning as well. Had my CT scan last week and went in for my results today and it shows that my liver is still stable. My oncologist discussed with me about not having 3 monthly scans now (which I've had for the past 2 years) so we've agreed that I won't have them but will still be up at the hospital every 3 weeks for my chemo and zometa. So I'm really pleased about this as well.

Hope you're going to 'celebrate' in some way!!??

Love C

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane - what good news for you enjoy your chemo break! Geraldine

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane
great news especially for all those who dont have the positive attitude that others on this site bang on about!!!!
Enjoy summer!
Anna

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane and Jools

What wonderful news, I hope you enjoy the summer and keep smiling.

Beli x

Guest user
Not applicable

Very good news Jane - enjoy your chemo free period

I would just like to add an aside hre about basal cells. Here is a 'take home' message from a research paper paublished in 2007 which tries to demystify basal cell carcinoma;

Take-home messages

Basal-like cancers are a subset with distinct morphology.

They are often but not invariably triple negative (ER–, PgR– and HER2–).

They have a distinct genomic, expression and protein profile.

The subset is heterogeneous with respect to behaviour, not all being uniformly of poor prognosis.

Currently, therapy is same as for other high grade cancers but new options are under investigation.

chatterbox

Guest user
Not applicable

Thats great news, really pleased for you
shirl X

Hi Jane,

Pleased to hear the news. I haven't forgotten lunch in October.

Best wishes,

Sue

Wonderful news Jane! ..xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane
Good news, you deserve it. It looks like another holiday is in order.
May it long continue to be good news

Ann

Guest user
Not applicable

That's great news Jane, I hope you enjoy your break. It is horrible waiting, I had scans and bloods done this week and see the oncologist on Tuesday, I am so worried about my breathing,but just have to wait and see.
Jools, also really pleased to hear your news, hope you have a great summer
Best Wishes
Kathryn

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane,

I am absolutely delighted for you - brilliant, brilliant news - let's hope us Triple Negative types continue to defy the opinions of the medical profession.

Best wishes to you,
Jacqui

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane,

What great news. I know that the chemo was getting a bit much.
I am also having a chemo break as although the Xeloda was shrinking the breast tumpour the lung mets have got slightly worse, so am back on tamoxifen and herceptin. Am spending this morning trying to book a last minute holiday.

Enjoy the summer-here's to long evenings, plenty of wine and no chemo!

Hi Jane

Very pleased to hear this news...

I think i have told you before, i have a friend with triple negative disease who has had chest wall
spread for many many years, which also has not gone on to spread to major organs, she has
had many chemo options, with large gaps inbetween when things are stable.Not a nice way to
live i know, but...

Your right i think triple negative disease has different forms and is very unpredictable, i have a
appointment coming up soon, being treated at the Christie, and if i have the bottle! im going
to ask if i had basal tumours.

Anway sorry to waffle on....

Enjoy your break and again, im so glad you have had this news.

Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane - what wonderful news! Now I suddenly hope even more that we have a beautiful sunny summer this year. You will be forgiven if you take a break from the forum....but we will definitely miss all your sound advice and informed views!

I don't believe attitude makes a difference, but your realistic approach to things is refreshing in a world of hype!

best wishes

Sarah

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane - really delighted with your news - but please don't stop writing unless you want a complete break from the condition and all reminders of it. We need your voice and views. Who says there's nothing in attitude? I bet yours has frightened the little blighter into submission - it would me!
Love, M-L

Hi Jane - What wonderful news, that's fantastic. Enjoy your chemo free summer. Don't stop writing here though!
Sarah

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane -- hooray for "stable" -- since my liver & bone mets dx, it's definitely become one of my favourite words! Have a great chemo-break this summer!

Marilyn x

Jane,

I am so pleased for you. May you continue to savour many many more joyous moments,

Enjoy a well deserved chemo break

Trish

Dear Jane

I'm just so pleased for you, just brilliant news. So glad you are able to have a chemo break and hopefully have a great time during the summer. Let's hope the English weather doesn't let you down (but just jump on plane if it does).

Enjoy, you deserve it!

Love
Roberta

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane - what brilliant news - I am so happy for you. Enjoy your chemo break and let's hope the weather is kind so that you can enjoy the summer. Hope you will still keep dropping by the forum as so many of us look forward to your erudite posts.
Take care,
Liz.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear jane

Really really pleased for you thats absolutely great....famtastic news.

and you too Joolls!!

love

Cathy

Hi Jane,
Wonderful news....am so pleased for you...enjoy your chemo break..crack open that bottle of red!!!

karen xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane - so pleased for you. I know how worried you were. Hope your odd cancer carries on being stable. You deserve this chemo break so do all the things you want to do this summer. As you know I had a brill summer last year and it really did me good so hope you can have the same.
Jools - great news for you too. Really pleased for you. Am off to Shanklin tomorrow night with hubby so hope that B and B you recommended is good!!!!
Dawn - really hope you get some good news soon - you've really been through it lately
and thanks to everybody for their support on my thread -sorry jane hijacking your thread!!!
Kate

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane,

great news enjoy your chemo break.

Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad to hear that you got good news. enjoy your chemo break.

Lilac
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Jane
what good news. I'm so pleased for you. Next time I have red wine or blue cheese (I know from your posts that you like both) I will toast to you!
Jo
xx

Oh Jane, that is good news indeed. Make the most of that chemo break - may it be a looooong one!

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news Jane. I am really pleased for you.

I hope you enjoy your break.

XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Woo hoo!!

Jenny
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks everyone...and Dawn especially cause I just read your post and know you are s**** yourself. Thinking of you and hoping tomorrow is OK for you. C**** e***ing disease this.

Jane

Jane that is fantastic news and i am so pleased for you truly.

Jools, fab news for you too. September, wow, that must be lovely to hear. Enjoy your summer.

Good to have good news and makes us all smile.

Lots of love
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thats great Jane -really pleased for you
I also got good news this week -mammogram all clear and tumour on hip has shrunk. No other spread anywhere else. Dont have to go back to oncologist till September. Had a horrid summer last year as had chemo all through from May to Sept so looking forward to having a lovely relaxing summer spending time with hubby and my lovely son
Jools

Hi Jane, that is very good news, indeed.

Cathy
xx

Jane that's fantastic news. Savour this weepy moment! And enjoy your chemo break like nobody's business.
Thank you for sharing your excellent news with us. It does us all so much good and I am so pleased for you.
Love Jacquie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Jane

I hope you keep on surprising yourself

Mole