good news

Hi everyone,
i have just got back from getting my results from the surgeon and the news is good. She said although the margin was close, she is happy that it was enough.
Also that there was no cancer found in the 25 lymph nodes taken, also no evidence of vascular invasion. They were as surprised as me i think as the tumour was 8cm. She said that the tumour appeared to be in a fibrous capsule, which she hasnt seen before. But that this may have been caused by the chemo, but also that this capsule may have stopped it spreading. They still dont know if the chemo worked but she said the fact that there was no cancer in nodes suggests it may have made a difference.
I have an appt next wednesday to see the surgeon and oncologist together, i will be having rads, but apparently the oncologist wants me to have more chemo. Im really not sure i could do more chemo, the surgeon says that oncologist has research to suggest this may be beneficial, will know more next week. Has anyone else had this??
But apart from the chemo, what very good news!

Fantastic news Anna. Not too good about more chemo, but if they think it is beneficial then must be worth a try. I can imagine how hard it will be to make that decision though.

Hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

Take care, love and hugs. Debbie. xx

Hi debbie, yes great news, my head says it makes sense cos they wouldnt suggest more if it wasnt worth it but i am such a wimp lol maybe it will be a nice chemo?? But i am sooooo lucky with todays results, someone is definately looking after me!
xx

Great news about your nodes! Concentrate on that and take time for it to sink in and you will get the strength to get through more Chemo.
Clear nodes…yipeee!
Love
Dot
xxx

Hi Anna - congratulations on your good news - brilliant!

A bit of a blow on the chemo front though … how many do they want you to have? I guess the problem with Trip Neg is that chemo/rads/surgery are all they can chuck at it :frowning:

Take care - Paula x

thankyou so much, i dont know the details till wednesday about the chemo but i am just going to enjoy the totally unexpected good news. I did say to the surgeon is the reason for further chemo because of the triple negative diagnosis, she said possibly and that the oncologist can explain his reasons more clearly. Its so nice to be telling my family and friends good news, it feels great!
xx

Hi Anna
so pleased for you - you must be feeling great this pm. The chemo issue is a tough one, having just finshed, I would hate to go back into it, but if they have good reasons for suggesting it, I guess that will make you see it differently.
hope things just keep getting better!
monica x

hi Monica, yes i am so pleased. All along really, it has not looked good, we were never sure that the chemo was working, so to get told nodes are clear and no vascular invasion was wonderful. I nearly fell of my chair, i had to double check that i had heard right, i then hugged my surgeon.
After 8 cycles of chemo it will take a lot to convince me to have more, maybe it will be a milder chemo, i was looking forward to normality again, and financially i have to get back to work soon, iv been off since July.
Someone is definately looking after me after todays results though, i feel so lucky.
xx

That’s great news Anna…:smiley: had the tumour shrunk much in the end…? :smiley: I know from my path lab report that my tumour had become more like a dead fibrous mass with just a few dying cells in the middle…(and had shrunk from the original 5.5 cm) i guess it looks like that because of the chemo happening first so it is a “dead” tumour rather than what you would get after a normal mastectomy a week or so after diagnosis…

I can understand why they might want to do more chemo as you are triple neg i hope the onc can explain why he wants more chemo… i know my team had said it was a strong possibility for me but they decided against it as so little was left and even that was dying…

Theresa x

Hi, no it was still 8cm, which is why i am so shocked, i was convinced it was going to be bad news.
xx

Hi anna35, Hope you dont mind me posting on this thread,so pleased to hear you’re good news.I was diagnosed in sept09 with a 6cm tumour and have been having chemo to shrink it,i’m having last Fec T 21 jan and then op on 11 feb.If i get good news like you i’ll be thrilled as i’m sure you are Lesleyx

Hi Lesley, i really hope you get good news, i have everything crossed for you. Please let me know how you get on.
A year ago in December i was misdiagnosed, which is why by the time it was diagnosed it was so big and thought to have spread to nodes. I had 4xEC and 4x docetaxel and both myself and my oncologist were thinking has it shrunk? has it got bigger? i think i worried throughout that the chemo wasnt working. When i went to get my results i had prepared myself for bad news, i really didnt expect good news, which is also why i didnt mind such a late appointment, part of me didnt want the results. So glad i stayed to get them, i did say to OH when we were waiting, shall we go? The chemo must definately have been worth it.
good luck and take care
annaxx

Hi everyone, more good news today! I went to see my oncologist today and he has said i dont need more chemo, i was dreading more chemo so this news is a huge relief! Rads to my chest wall and central lymph nodes in a few weeks but no more chemo, yaaaaay! I will soon be back at work. Oh and my surgeon has said i can get some swimming in before rads start as mx wound healing nicely!
good luck to everyone
annaxx

Great news Anna,what a relief that must be.A celebration is in order!

Dot
xxx

thankyou, yes, we will be celebrating at the weekend, my brother will be home from Germany for the weekend too, so will be quite a celebration. And yes, such a big relief. I was worried as have been off work since july, financially i need to get back, i will be able to much sooner now. Yay!
xx

Oh Anna - that is absolutely brilliant news. I felt so sorry for you going back to the chemo.

I got some good news too - the Onc has decided to cancel my last and final Tax tomorrow!! He can’t feel the lump and is happy for me to recuperate for the next 3-4 weeks so I can have surgery at the end of Feb/beg of March. I walked out of the door and cried. Just pleased to have finished this stage of the journey.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your brother - lots of super reasons to celebrate.

Enjoy!

P x

Hi there Ladies; congrats on your good news; I also had some semi good news today, my lump has gone after 4 lots of FEC; although I still have to have two lots of the “T”, starting tomorrow. I am hoping that the side effects of this are not as bad??? I am due for my op mid March, so not too far away now!
Luv Emma (TomnLorasmum) xx

Hi everyone, Paula and Emma thats really great news!!! you must be thrilled! Its such a great feeling when it starts going right isnt it? well done to both of you, yaaaaay!
Good luck with your ops, let me know how it goes. There is a great thread called Terrified that i read before my op, and it helped a lot. If i can help in any way, do ask.
take care
annaxx

Hi Anna, Paula and Emma, It is so lovely to read such good news for the three of you. I am so pleased that the treatments have done their job. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Dotchas. Need to catch up on all your news and to share mine. Keep well all of you, love Val

fantastic news girls - so chuffed!

x