Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good or bad?

16 REPLIES 16
poemsgalore

Re: good or bad?

Justsusie,

I had to wait 3 weeks for my post surgery result. They checked lymph nodes that had been removed, to see if they had cancer cells in them, and confirmed tumour was ER positive and pr positive but HER negative. They have to do all kinds of checks on your lump to make sure they got a wide enough margin to make sure no cancer is left behind. I know having to wait is awful, but at least you know they are being careful and conscientious.
Good Luck and big hugs xxx
Poemsgalore
justsusie

Hiya jasmin
It crazy with waiting, know my sis told me to relax they need to test n examin them to be sure, be pleased taking time to
My answer was yeah right lol
Goodluck with your results
Jasminflower59

Hi Susie
I had surgery for DCIS on 5th June (WLE) and now sat at home like you wondering what they found. I received my clinic appointment card when I went home from the hospital and my results day is 25 th June also. We have to wait 3 weeks!
Fingers crossed eh?
Take care
JF x
justsusie

Oooo pamper session enjoy
Let us know when can x
samjs

Thanks susie. Still wide awake at nearly 2am!! Hope I can get up tomorrow as I am having a complementary therapy in the morning to keep me busy!

SAm x
justsusie

Thanks all
Just so scared but then guess we all are
Good luck sam x
Annie62

I got my results 12 days after my op. Apparently they have a meeting with all the medics involved a day or two before to discuss your case and decide on a treatment programme, so don't worry, Susie, the appointment was made before the outcome has been decided, and before your results were known.
Good luck to all in the waiting room tomorrow!
Annie x
samjs

Bless you Susie. Standard wait for results is about 2 weeks. I had my op two weeks today and get my results tomorrow. Worried, hence still awake while OH is sleeping.
Good luck everyone.
Sam x
justsusie

good luck jayne with your results too
justsusie

thanks everyone
i looked at the letter again as it just has appointment doesnt say why but from date was sent day i had surgery so think its a standard letter.
I wasnt sure if they found anything if would call to make appointment but as sis says its just over a week for results so doubt they could of been any faster.
Today was the first time ive cried, got my partner to give me a hug and just lost it, he says no call all good but i honestly dont know how it works.
I suffer from PTSS/PTSD so anything medical is huge for me but all stems from medical as im no stranger to medical life.. 28 ops told interestin case never knew my name until i was 15.. nutshell was a guinea pig to them for many years, if i said no they all piled on n i had no choice. So my fear is vast, thankfully the hospital has worked wonders with me, allowed a ga with gas as scared needles, allowed sis to come to theater and be there when wake up so no one else touched me so to speak. i honestly cant fault them at all.
just scared for the results now, cancer is through my dad's side and my partners mum has lung cancer so no escape from it all

susie
Jan_mints

At my local hospital, they prefer to tell you news face to face whether good or bad and have a BCN available for support either way.

Good luck for next week

Jan x
Loobyb

I too received a letter hope all goes well!!
JustJayne

Hi

My hospital do not give results by phone anymore since they gave me wrong results at the beginning of my BC journey. Another lady with the same name!! It was picked up quick and handled well. We are given an appointment to see the breast care nurse 1week after surgery then the consultant the following week for results. I am also getting results on 25th following 2nd WLE and margin clearance and Sentinel node biopsy Good luck!!

Annie62

Yes, it's the same here - I don't think they ever phone, you just get an appointment through the post.
Good luck for the test results next week, Susie!
Annie x
poemsgalore

Hi Justsusie

Different hospitals do things differently. Some telephone while others send a letter. My hospital gave me an appointment for results when I went home after surgery. So don't read anything into the method your hospital uses. Sending you good luck for the appointment and hope your new is good.
Poemsgalore xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi justsusie

I am sure your fellow users will be along shortly, in addition, our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call and talk your concerns over

Best wishes

Lucy

justsusie

good or bad?

Hi all
Last friday as some of you will know I had a lumpectomy, I rang this morning asking if knew appointment date yet was told nope.
Post has just arrived with appointment date of 25 june @3pm
Im beyond nervous now, is a letter better than a phone call or is it just standard to send letter regardless of test result.
Guess askin would they have call me in sooner If wasnt good news or this how they always do it?
Really nervous n scared now