cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had surgery and now the waiting starts

3 REPLIES 3
justsusie

Re: had surgery and now the waiting starts

Luckily I have painkillers due to crushed disc in my back and they are stronger than offered, plus allergic to morphine & tramadol. So taking diclefenic & co-codmols every 4 hrs. No feeling in breast yet due to stuff used but under arm hurts...
This week has been very traumatic for me simply for fact suffer ftom ptss, will get sedatives to go next appointment for results as im just a wreck. Hopefully this is end of it all,
Just feelin odd wuth taste of gas they used to knock me out but will say was a positive experience for me towards my ptss
Loobyb

Welcome back you will be sore remember take all the painkillers offered and if they don't offer ask, drink plenty of fluids and good luck!!
Sam_BCC

Hi justsuzie

Welcome to the BCC forums, It sounds like you're having a difficult time at the moment. I'm sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

justsusie

had surgery and now the waiting starts

Hiya all
Had a biopsy done under a GA this morning, I suffer from ptsd / ptss so I dont cope with anything medical. They removed entire lump rather than may have to go again. sore under my arm but they put local stuff in op site so thats all numb at moment, very swollen but told will be more so tomorrow.
Doncaster hospital have been amazing, with my ptss n phobia needles they have gone our their way best they can and I cant thank them enough.
I just need to wait for results now.
Will recommend tescos soft white cotton sports bra at 6.00, very comfy n supporting.
Will update with much nervous about results when get them

Susie x