hair cuts after CT

hi all

Had my last chemo in oct, my hair is quite thick and now at a stage where it needs a cut,would like to know should i leave it or would cutting it hold up the growing process.

its not quite an inch long.anyone out there who could advise me?

My OH just said he doesnt know what ruler i have used, cuz its only half inch long.(LOL),i did say not quite an inch tho LOL.would cutting it make it grow quicker??

Met a friend today who i haven’t seen since my BC started.its been 14 months, she said its very harsh,so it must look bad this short.I just want it to grow.I don’t think she knew what I had been thru.

I didnt take offence tho,we were on a bus at the time, she was loud when saying it. Odd cuz when i had no hair i didnt wear a wig or hat, why has this one comment make me questioned the way i look?

ho hum

love

yvonne

x

You hair will be curly. My hair is quite thick as well and I hated those curls.
I don’t think that cutting it would help or even prevent hair growth.
Hair need to be trimmed especially for long hair to prevent split ends.
You might get a better haircut if you wait a little bit longer.

Hi Yvonne,
so far as I can ascertain, the rate at which hair grows is not affected by having it cut. Cutting can create the illusion of thicker hair, especially if the early ‘fluff’ is cut off.

A lot of ladies seem to get their hair trimmed quite regularly and soon have very neat, short cuts. Because I’m a wimp, and because I was curious to see how it would grow, I left mine a full year, by which time I had seriously zany chemo curls. My photo is the day of my first hair cut - it all looks very tidy, but even now it tries to curl again as soon as it gets damp! Other people’s hair stays the same texture as pre-chemo, we are all unique, as I’m sure you know by now.

It has to be what you want - I am sure you’ll make the right choice for you

Mine is as straight as it used to be and the same colour. only less than 2inches, but that’s the world of difference from bowling ball head.Cutting doesn’t make it grow faster as it grows from the roots not the ends. I shaved my head through chemo to keep it tidy and last shaved when my chin bristles started to grow again. HOW unjust eh! And although not gone near it with anything sharper than a shampoo bottle ifit now looks likable p proper haircut. Think it might be so slow because of Herceptin but it’s fine.