327833posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hair loss???

Re: hair loss???

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry I've not posted for a little while, I'm just emerging from the ultra busy time at work. That must be such a relief about your seroma reducing in size Eileen and lets hope it continues to heal completely. Funnily enough I still have an a small area on my good side that has not properly healed from the uplift I had in April. This will be addressed through surgery though as when I saw the plastic surgeon recently he said immediatly that I'll need revision surgery both to the bc side as the implant has shifted and to the good side as the uplift didn't work sufficently.

A couple weeks ago I spent the weekend with Caron and her family in Grimsby and really liked it there. The dock area is fascinating as there's so much history to it. A derelict ice factory that was used as a film set on the film Atonement really stood out for me, that and the dock tower with slits for windows. It looked quite sinister and is no longer open to the public as there was a spate of suicides with people climbing the tower and throwing themselves from the top. Caron's menagerie is quite amazing. At one point there were all four cats in the sitting room along with the wonderful Betty in a pink vest as well as two of the family's three guinea-pigs. There was a fight for a place on the sofa between humans and cats - needless to say the cats won.

I'm off work today as have an appointment at the menopause clinic, the hot flushes are worse than ever, despite increased dosage of Clonodine and six sessions of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

I hope everyone is okay - thinking of you all.

Victoria xxxx

Hi

My surgeon went back on his promise to sort out my remaining wound. Because it has decreased slightly he is back to saying'Leave it alone and it will heal' It is down to the size of spot now but still weeping a very small amount.Maybe it will always be there - who knows.

I have had my 11 year old granddaughter here this week. She had a stupid accident and had to stay off school.

Last weekend she was getting ready to go to a wedding. She had had a shower, hence no clothes on, and had just straightened her hair with straighteners. She unplugged them and left them on the bed. She reached up to get something from the wardrobe, tripped and fell back onto the bed and the straighteners. The resulting burns across her little bum were awful. Initially they had to be dressed daily at the hospital, then every other day at the doctors. They are finally beginning to heal, and she is going back to school next week with restrictions on movement. She is trying to think up a reasonable excuse for her abscence to give her friends - A burnt bum is just too embarrasing for her to deal with.

I hope you are all OK and getting on with your lives happily.

Take Care

Eileen

Hi Girls

I agree Caron that although we are trying to get on with our lives we should really try to put a bit more effort in posting here.

Congratulations Caron on coming to the end of your year of Herceptin. I remember feeling really lost at first when mine was finished - almost abandoned. I felt as if my safety net had gone. You and your family really are having it tough at the moment, I hope it all goes OK at court.

I went to my appointment at the genetics clinic last week, under pressure from my sister, but in my heart with 3 daughters and 3 granddaughters I knew it was something I had to get my head round.The lady I saw was absolutely lovely and answered all my questions patently and in great detail. I have given the necessary blood sample and now there will be a wait of a few months for the results.

I am still waiting to see if the application of Silver Nitrate on my wound has had the necessary effect of kick starting my body into completely healing my tiny wound. If not, the surgeon has promised that when I see him in October he will book me in for surgery and whilst he is removing the affected tissue and stitching me up he will tidy up the mess the emergency surgery created.

Peter and I go away to Dorset on friday for a lazy week doing nothing in particular - my sort of holiday. Whilst we are away we will celebrate our 45th Wedding anniversary.How time flies!!

I hope you are all OK, Kathy in your new home(are your still relatively local to me)Gail and your not so little monster, V Facing more health problems and working harder than you should be expected,and Jo, I hope you are doing fine.

Take Care, Stay in touch

Eileen

Hello All,

Gail..................

you are such a good mother you really are (I'm not just saying it) you can tell how much you love your little Kai,and he's so lucky to have a mummy like you.
I know how you feel though even though my children are older,I still love Summer holiday's so we can do things as a family and spend time together as that's what families are for (I think anyway).
I hate the humdrum of normal day's school college and appointments!

You should really consider having reconstruction gail,as please remember it's the rest of your life were talking about here.
It's what you want deep inside,so you should really try and get over your fears, after all that's what's stopping you!
Think of it this way right,it's one CORRECTIVE surgery to put you right and you will soon be over it I promise.
I was told when having my surgery that it was TWO major surgeries in one!!
I was terrified really terrified I mean, I went down with tears down my eye's when Steve could go no further I started crying because I was scared stiff, but seriously I was in no major pain at all when I came round,infact to be honest I couldn't believe how little pain I was in,my arm gave me the most pain,and even the physio therapist couldn't believe how much movement I had in my arm she said she'd never known it!, But I did do my exercises every day and I was discharged within 2 weeks!
I was really lucky with my arm though.
If you got over your fears once you can do it again,I know you didn't have a choice before but surely there is some sort of group you could join,to help you?
I do understand though Gail,I really do,I'm the same I wish I wasn't but you can't change the person you are!
Funny I never used to be bothered (not about surgery)what people thought,but I worry stupidly now way OTT,if I have a appointment with say someone like a doctor then if I am talking then I get upset and I have to stop myself crying, it's really ridiculous!! but my mother is the same,I must have it from her?
I hope you think hard about it cos it's such a shame that a phobia is stopping you in your tracks, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Katemate...................................

I hope you will be happy in your new home,and least you will know it's your hard work that's got it all clean .
What's wrong with your laptop? wer'e lucky if mine broke (touchwood) there is alway's another I can go on.
I bet you will be glad to get your surgery over and done,I know how you feel!

Andy..................

Hope you are well and everything is ok with you ??

Jo....................

Hope you are well too,I know we all have drifted away that's why I said we should put more effort into this at least once a week (ish) as it's boring when you keep going on and noone has written ! lol
So really we should try harder.xxxxxxxxxxx (I'm not on about 1 person I'm on bout us all, even me)

Victoria............

Victoria is coming to Grimsby soon, I can't wait really I'm going to cook a steak dinner for Jason and lime chicken for V !!
Show V the fleet of shipping boats here ! lol (not)
Anyway V can't wait for you to come here for a change
I hope your sickness goes and I can't believe you have got yet more surgery especially as it's revision surgery really they should have done it perfectly in the first place ,I feel so sorry for you xxxxx

Now onto me ......................

Well it's very quick but the lad who broke into Jordan's car well the police said " he alway's alway's pleads guilty (like I said b4) anyway he pleaded NOT GUILTY!! so it's going to court on Wednesday and Steve and Chloe has to go to prosecute,only thing is that's my last Herceptin day,and there is a nurse called Joy and I've found out she's taken a liking to Steve,she think's he look's like Robert Redford ( DON'T ASK ME??? lol) anyway yeah so it's my lasy day and as you can appreciate I have built up quite a rappor with all of the nurses there,Steve is very upset that he can't go on my last day ever (hopefully!) so he's not happy he's got to go to court.

Anyway yeah I saw my surgeon on Thursday he said that I need an implant to fill me out and he said at the same time he could reconstruct a nipple then he asked me did I want that??
Yes please was my reply although I will be terrified again,I also want well I want a nippple ! lol
So that's what I am going to do.................. gulp lol
I don't know how long I will be waiting though?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry about all your troubles Caron, you certainly deserve something to go right for a change. xx

I hope you don't miss Kai too much Gail. My nails are weak and breaking off too - but nothing like as bad as what Caron is going through.

17th November isn't too long to wait Kate and at least you should be recovered by Christmas.

I went off to see the plastic surgeon today for a follow up after April surgery. I knew I needed revision surgery as the implant has shifted - but turns out he needs to put a stratice in as well as a new implant which should help to keep the implant in place. However, he also want to re-do the uplift the otherside because of problems with the scarring as well as the shape. It does certainly sound more extensive than I first thought and looks like a five night stay in hospital.

I've also had a call back to the GP as my blood test isn't within range for vitamin D levels. It's too low despite taking ADcal D3 twice a day. So going back to see what he proposes on Friday. I'm taking the Adcal because of osteoporosis induced by the Zolodex.

Victoria xx

What a dreadful ordeal Caron!!! For you and your family. I hope they get everything they deserve.

I'm sorry I've been out of touch with everyone but life has been so hectic . We had a relatively sudden move. The house is much better but was filthy. Took me a week just to clean the kitchen. Thank goodness I've got such good friends, they helped clean and decorate and we are just about settled in although there is still plenty to do.

This is going to be really short.I'm at my daughter's using her laptop. Mine broke beyond repair about a month ago and I'm still deliberating whether I want a pc or an ipad. So it might be abit longer before you hear from me again.

My op is 17th November. I'm having my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed at the same time. I'm not looking forward to it, but it has been a long time coming and I'll be glad to get it over with. Then I'll have to wait for results from the path lab. That's the worst part, I think.

My daughter's back now, so my babysitting duties are over and I'll have to go.

Love Kathy

Hi Caron,
So good to hear from you, but so awful to hear of your terrible ordeal. It sounds so scary. Poor Chloe - I hope she feels better soon. Police stuff can take time, but you could always phone them for an update perhaps? Hope they sort the little buggers!

Sorry to hear you've got more scans. Sigh! I still get my bad back and hip ache every so often, but don't worry about it quite so much anymore (!) since the MRI was clear (touchwood). I get it a lot more when I haven't been active. I seem to get so much stiffer these days...old woman!! Good Luck with it all!
I'm still suffering a lot with tiredness. Afternoons, I go a bit dazed!!

Re: hair. Still can't grow nails. They just break off all the time. But... although hair not very long ...it is just now starting to look in much better condition. Has got a bit thicker too. It takes so long to get back to normal (or whatever version of normal we now have). I would really like to have reconstruction done, but I just can't face the hospital and lengthy recouperation and potential problems. Wish I'd had the option to have it done immediately. Sigh!

Kai is back at school tomorrow and I'm so sad. Summer has just gone far too quickly for me and I still want to do so many things. I'll miss him so much! Still, we have mini break just before/during half term to look forward to. Grumpy Husband's Dad lives in Ibiza and we're going to see him for a few days. Lovely!!

Bright - Sounds like you had a fab time. I love San Francisco and haven't been since monster was born. Would love to go back - we went a few times, as Steve worked for company based in Silicon Valley!

Hope you're all well... Christmas soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cass thankyou so very much xxxxxxxx

Actually Chloe's finger is still numb this is quite a few weeks away from it now,the nurse said her finger may improve over time but there's also a chance it will stay numb,her finger is scarred both sides,and her orbit around her eye still hurts even though the black eye has gone.
Although Chloe is 17 years old,she is very mature I mean sensible but also she is very naive (our fault) because we wouldn't allow her to go any where on her own as she has really bad eyesight and also deaf in one ear (right ear family trait female's down the line!) anyway she wouldn't be able to cross the road on her own,in any case none of my children have been what you would call street wise,they wern't just thrown out to play onto the street's,I preffered to have my children with me,or allow their friend's to come into my house.

I can't believe they would do that to my Chloe,I really can't.
If there was a spider even a big hairy one Chloe would take it out rather than kill it,she get's upset if anyone harms anything.

Well I just hope it go's to court? haven't heard nothing from police?

Went to see onc last Friday and because my hips are hurting now as well as my back Ive got to have a Xray, bone scan and MRI but I'm not too worried about it.
I think it's either spread of arthritis? or chemo/herceptin SE so just have to wait and see.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me adding a comment - I follow your thread sometimes and I've met lovely Eileen. I just had to comment on your post Caron, what a blo**y nightmare! Honestly it sounds like something from one of those reality show documentary things. Your poor family are really going through it. But it was a stroke of genius to catch the attack on film, that rarely happens and these scumbags just get off with it. I, like you, hope they get what's coming to them. Is Chloe ok - this'll take a while to get over, a real trauma. But your spirit and humour inexplicably are in tact! You're amazing.

Eileen, hope this latest treatment finally does the trick for you.

All the best to all, x

Glad to know were all ok,
Gail well that tickled me lol I could just picture it!!lol

Kate, have they told you any dates yet? were now nearing the end of summer (shame) try not to be too worried over it though (say's me!)

Eileen, well to be honest I'm surprised they were going to leave a open wound at all, possible infections could be endless,but I'm glad you never got any of them but I would have thought having it closed is the safest bet,but like you say they should have done something well before now,makes you wonder if they really know what they are doing sometimes!

Well as alway's mine's going to be a long (yawn) post as Ive alot to say.

We have had a bit of bad luck lately (for a change NOT!)

One night I was just going to bed when Steve pushed me and said " move,someones in Jordan's car" well he rushed out the door topless as I'd just cut his hair!
I'm running round in panic mode as alway's so I grabbed the phone rang 999 I went on the front to see Steve had hold of a lad he'd just pulled from the driving seat well the kid couldn't go anywhere because our van was next to Jord's car so Jord's car door was now wide open with Steve stood next to the drivers door,anyway I'm running round trying to find my pimpernell shoes!
Chloe and Owen are now also on the front,Chloe must have been really mad because she knows where the painfullest spot to nip someone is (were ok cos our arm's are numb! well least mine is) so she's nipping this lad under his arm and this kid was saying to Owen " I bet that's you nipping me isn't it" lol so I'm on phone to police begging them to hurry up as the lad kept trying to go in his pocket all the time,anyway after 10 minutes the police came took the lad away who had only been out 2 weeks!
The thing was he was saying " I like it inside,Ive just got out" now I do think yes he did actually like it inside I will explain why.
The police said to us "he alway's pleads guilty every time" anyway he has pleaded not guilty!! I'm thinking well if he does really like it what better way to get more time? to plead not guilty and get found guilty therefore he will get a longer sentence.
Believe it or not Steve heard (I don't bloody know how he never hears me talking to him!) Jordan's engine turn over and thats how he knew! amazing really knowing a engine's sound is your's (well Jord's)
The lad got in by bending the door back this is the new way to break into cars! and he ripped the wires all out,the only thing was Jordan had a MASSIVE YELLOW steering lock on it god knows how the kid thought he would get that off??
Actually if he's have got it going he'd have drove right in my miserable cow of a neighbours house!
So Jordan's test was booked for the next Wednesday at 8am only Steve works away as you all know Monday and Tuesday so we couldn't fix the damage in time so that had to be cancelled.
It's at court in 3 weeks now when it is my last herceptin which Steve isn't happy about because he can't come with me,he has to go to court.

Two day's later Jordan was taking Chloe to give blood her first time,anyway Jordan had left his form at his flat but it's only 5 minutes away,so Jordan,Chloe and Owen along with Betty all went to Jordan's flat to get his blood form,when they came back home I could tell something had happened so I said to Chloe " whats the matter"?
Chloe explained that 3 girls had said they were going to take Betty,and Chloe had said " well she wouldn't go with you anyway"
With that 3 girls were banging on my front door, Steve went I could hear him telling them to go,but they put their foot in the door so he couldn't shut it,anyway I said to Chloe ring the police now this is getting out of hand,which she did,the girls then started to pull my trellis and my water fountain one tried to tip it over,I went to the door then and said " the police are coming" one girl said " oh it's baldy" I said " yes thats because Ive just had cancer treatment" she then punched me in the side of my head,which never hurt at all if it had of I'd have gone out but I was more concerned with not hurting my lymph arm so I went inside the girls then started kicking punching Steve.
Steve all the time he was trying to get them to go but they carried on,then one said lets get his car (they didn't know which ours was) but because they were hitting Steve so bad Jordan,Chloe and Owen all had now gone outside,I was on the phone to police now doing my panic routine!
One of the girls leaned over out fence and punched poor Chloe right in the face,but Chloe still went out to try and help Steve,anyway I don't know how but Jordan noticed the same girl was biting Chloe's finger and luckily he realised she was biting really hard so Jordan (bless him) did what we call a Jordan move as only he can do it!
Jordan grabbed this girls head and pushed her right to the floor,Chloe came in then oh god I was so shocked that anyone could do that to my Chloe,she had a blue streak running all along her eye,I said "oh god Chloe,youv'e got a black eye"
Chloe then burst into tears and said " she bit me" I then looked at her finger and it was dripping blood,the police came then I saw two of the girls faces were covered in scratches and blood,I couldn't understand how they had blood all over them cos I know only Chloe would do that deffo not Steve or Jordan and Owen wasn't as involved.
The police came in and they went out to see the girls then but then the girls ran off and the police couldn't find them,I had to take poor Chloe to hospital where because the bite was so deep she's got to be treated for hep B for the next 6 months.

All them girls were drunk,and we found out that they are 19 and their father has been given the longest asbo in N.E.Lincs (say's it all!) we also know why the police couldn't find them cos they rang their father up who came to pick them up in a van !
Chloe had a massive black eye them girls must have known Chloe has got bad eyesight because of Chloe's glasses (the lenses are really thick) but they even hit her with her glasses on! fu***ng cows
They have since been arrested and I don't know for certain but I think 2 of them have admitted it cos girl 3 told cops she was on her phone all the time but the police told us the other 2 have said she was involved as well (which makes me think the other 2 have admitted it?) I may be wrong but I hope they get what's coming to them??

As if they'd hit my Chloe,she's very quiet and has never ever been hit like that bless her she was in shock.

Oh I forgot to say as I wasn't allowed out I took photo's of them hitting Steve and when I was on the phone to police at the door one of the girls had her head down I didn't know why cos Steve was stood up,then the girl grabbed hold of her own hair and started screaming " get off,he's attacking me" !
So the police would think Steve was hitting her,also a neighbour came out (thank god) just before the police came and I was taking pics with my phone, I noticed at this point none of the girls had any blood or scratches on them! they went around the corner and did it to themselves! unbelievable really but because my neighbour came out I could prove that they never had any marks on them !
So that was that hopefully they will be going to court but I know the whole family are bound by this asbo so they have broken the conditions as they were included in it.

We have just come back of holiday we drove to Paris spent 1 night camping there and spent a day at the Eiffel Tower then we drove to Spain and one day we even drove to Barcelona!
God I could have sworn I saw Leonardo De-Caprio !! lol I asked Steve to stop the van but he wouldn't (spoil sport).

I was convinced my hair is still falling out as it's now loads thinner than it was, I went to see my onc and trial nurse today who mentioned to me that my hair is alot thinner than it was, they don't know why,doesn't help me does it? still no sign of brows either ive been told doubtfull if they come back at all now.
This is all very upsetting as I just knew this was going to happen from the start,I even saw a girl I know today she was just starting chemo as I finished so she is 6 months behind me, I couldn't believe it today her hair is 4 times thicker than mine and twice as long as mine?
You can see straight through my hair and every where I go people stare at me constantly.
You all know I had a bad back as well as Gail,well now my hips are also bad so Ive got to have a xray (had today) a bone scan of my pelvis and an mri to rule out cancer.
I'm not too worried yet but should I be? last time I thought it was nothing it was.

Jo hope your keeping ok ?
Please can we make more of an effort to write? even if it's once a week?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just got back from holiday today and have the first lot of washing on. We had a great time in America and even the flights were okay. I will be writing up the trip soon which will cover the finer detail etc.

So sorry you are facing more surgery Eileen - I too have revision surgery hanging over me. The silver nitrate may do the trick though in your case, I had that treatment when the wound on my uplift refused to heal. The silver nitrate burned away the over granulating tissue and it quickly healed after that. Don't be alarmed though if the skin turns black temporarily; it did in my case and is apparently a normal side effect.

I loved your beach story Gail - Kai sounds a real character.

Victoria x

Oh Eileen...what a nightmare!! Too right that you need a rant!!Yes...why did they not do this earlier?? Sometimes I think our medical professionals are great and sometimes I think they just make it up as they go along. Horrible to have all this wound packing etc. BUT...at least someone is actually trying something new and it does sound like he wants to actually sort it out once and for all. Perhaps then some normality will come back for you (whatever that is for any of us these days??). Keep strong!!!

Holiday scenario to share with you all...
Kai made fiends with another 5 year old on beach. Other boy's Mum always went topless. Sat on sunbeds, other boy says to me... "My Mum says it's alright to not wear a top on the beach...it's not rude to get her boobies out". My child: " My Mummy can't do that because she lost one of her boobies." Loudly said. Stunned silence all round. Got to love them!!

Gailxx

Hi
Just when I thought everything was ticking along quite nicely I saw a differnet Registrar on thursdaay who has decided that the small unhealed wound I have cannot be left. He has decided to use Silver Nitrate to burn away the edges of the wound to hopefully kick my body into healing again. If that fails he is talking further surgery.

I now have a nurse visiting the house every other day for 5 sessions to apply the Silver Nitrate which they hope will enlarge the wound again, then it will have to be packed and dressed again for a time.

I won't repeat what I had to say about this on here but beleive me I am not happy. Why on earth was this not attempted months ago. Why have they all said leave it alone and it will eventually heal.

Rant over. Sorry.

When can my life go back to 'normal' without medical treatment

Eileen

Two years is a significant milestone Eileen and hope you enjoyed the cream tea. I'm still on my summer holiday at the moment in the US - and over here our scones are called biscuits and are served with breakfast instead of toast rather than as part of afternoon tea.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Gail - and I've heard the weather has turned chilly in England which I'm not looking forward to when I get home at the end of next week.

Yes really want to meet up before Christmas, it seems ages since our last meet. Once I'm back I'll send through some possible dates, unless anyone else wants to start with suggestions. I recently met up with Eliza and Carolann from the storm riders and we went to the new galleries at the British Museum. We had such a good time that we are planning other outings in London. I'll send through the details of these in case anyone from our strand would also like to go along.

Victoria xx

Hi Eileen,
Wow - how fast time goes and how far we have all come! Hope you had a lovely celebration tea - you certainly deserve it!! Big hug for you!

Just back from lovely holiday. Summer seems to have disappeared! Come back!!!!

Are we meeting in September still?????? Think too short notice now? It would be good to meet before Christmas though???

Hope you are all doing well!

Much love,

Gailxx

Hi Ladies

Not been on much lately but glad to see that you all appear to be doing OK

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the bombshell that I had BC and a very aggresive form- IBC.I never expected to be still here, but I am and doing OK. I still have a small open wound from the surgery at New Year for the seroma which is proving to be as persistent as the seroma was, but it gets dressed regularly and checked by my wonderful practice nurse so I try to ignore it hoping it will eventually heal.

To celebrate life we are going to a hotel later for a cream tea.To hell with the calories!!

Take Care all

Eileen

Hi ladies,
Sorry not to be in touch for ages. having a very busy Summer, which is great. Just got my mammogram results and all clear thank goodness. Someone I work with at school has just been diagnosed though, so have been feeling for her so so much.

Just got a new little job at Brookes Uni. Looking forward to it. Starts Sept - very part time and term time only.

Little monster has just finished his first year of school - I can't believe how fast it has all gone. Madness! Just glad to be here still!!!!

We are off to Lanzagrotty in a just over a week. Once we're there, it will be lovely. Just hate all the packing!!

Anyway ... hope you are all doing well and enjoying the Summer ...

Love,

Gemxx

Hello everyone,
I see things are still quite on here then.
Owen has been well for a few weeks now so I'm hoping that will be the end of it?
Last weekend we went to RAF Waddington for the air show, we took Owen's girlfriend Drew with us, well Drew was just about to leave her house and her mother made her get changed from shorts and T.shirt to long trousers and long sleeved top,anyway Drew was telling me about it,so I asked if she wanted to wear shorts and T.shirt she said yes,so I lent her some of mine to wear (BIG MISTAKE!) you all know Ive got polymorphic light eruption ? anyway I have so I have to wear the strongest sun block I can buy normally 50 but if I see a 60 I would get that but it's not often I see a 60,anyway so I made Drew smother herself with a 50.
Ten minutes later I noticed her shoulder going red ! luckily I took 2 shawl's with me one for me and one for Drew as she's a red head,anyway everytime I looked at her her shoulder was uncovered!
I kept saying Drew cover your shoulder up please,I was in panic mode saying your mother will know now (I now know why her mother wanted her in the long trousers & top!) luckily I got away with it though cos I kept making her top up with sun block. haha
We had a really good day the weather was lovely a few fluffy clouds and boiling sun .
My Dad used to take me to all the airshows as my Dad is mad on aeroplanes and he can name any one straight away (is he what they call an anorak? lol) He has done alot of flying himself with lessons and he only needed a few more hours and he could have gone for the pilots licence but he hasn't done it for a while now? One time he flew over our house (I wasn't there,I was at the air field) but my children were and they thought it great that there grandad was flying an aeroplane over our house lol.

I finish herceptin in September so not long now I know the nurses will miss me & Steve as they say I'm part of fixtures and fittings now, Ive got another gated heart scan this Friday, I really don't like them I will close my eyes and think of what to have for tea and imagine a shopping list in my head!! haha
After September when I finish herceptin I have a appointment with the surgeon probably to talk more surgery.

We are going (driving) to Spain in 4/5 weeks I'm gonna look a right bugger with one big boob and one small boob!
At least when I went to the airshow I never got THAT LOOK (even if I did have to pencil my eyebrows).

Jordan has gone to Portugal for a week minus his girlfriend Beth,
Its his friends who he's gone with and they don't really know Beth so she wasn't invited (I think Jordan should have asked if she could have gone, but he never) poor Beth she's been going to his flat and feeding his fish and bird (I hate that bird! it's dead nasty).

Victoria that lad who got stabbed (ZAC) outside his school was by a rival gang it said and the school was Park Campus School down Gipsy Rd west norwood, (not far from you).

The man who's on the run now Raoul Moat when he robbed the chip shop Ive been wondering (as he can't have eaten and must have been hungry?) if he said " give me all your money, and a bag of chips open please" haha wonder if he had salt and vinegar?

Its so hot isnt it mind you the other day it was gusty and I saw Poppy (my black and white moggy) jump at something,I went to let her in as I thought it was another cat getting her (she seems to get filled in by the same 2 cats all the time if they see her) when I went on the front half of my laverta had snapped on the trunk ! Ive tried to make some cuttings it will be a while before I know or not if they have taken.

All of you on facebook can you add ADAM LAVERICK he is a young man and all he does is fund raise for breast cancer I don't know why yet,Ive just asked him why he does it,if you google his name it says some of the fundraising he's done,he is one remarkable bloke !!
Quite easy on the eye too!! lol (he's far too young for me haha).

Hope everyone is ok ? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello ladies,

Sorry I have not written - things are so busy at work as we have a white paper and two education bills all in the Autumn. I have been thinking about Shelly too and often look at her photos on her fb page. Can't believe it is a year since she passed away. The race for life season is such a poignant reminder.

I am having a final blood test to see if I am fit enough for the bone strengthening drugs (apparently they can affect renal function), which should hopefully reverse the effects of the osteoporosis. I'm also joining a trial for controlling menopausal symptoms at Guys hospital.

The biggest excitement for me at the moment is waiting for the conservatory to be built to make the dining room lighter and a better size.

I'm going on holiday the week after next and still not booked anything. Must do in the next day or so.

Hope the bees stay in their nest C!

My hair is bordering on acceptable Kathy - but nothing like it was. It is still a bit frizzy in places, too soft and lacking the life it once had. It is getting longer though which is at least something.

Eileen and Gail hope you are okay.

Victoria xx

Victoria x

Hello girls are we all ok?

Jo I wrote to Simon a couple of weeks ago and he say's he's coping and keeping busy with the boys,and Shelly's sister and husband were going down to make sure Simon wasn't alone on the 25th.
I told Simon that we all think of Shelly and we alway's will because she was a big part in our journey's.
I have still got Shelly as a contact on facebook I will never remove her,so I can look at her lovely photo's and see her smiling face.
I told Simon to look at Shelly's wall (this is what you write on for those that don't know)beause everyone still writes on her wall even now, which just shows how loved she is.............

Kate I am so jealous of you going to Turkey and was it a big water park??? I'm guessing it was, well that water park is meant to be one of the best in the world Ive been there had a fantastic day with those tyre/boats we all had one each and when the tide came we would all cling on to each other for dear life ! lol

Owen has still been ill on and off but he has been ok now for 7 days thats good cos thats a long lapse hopefully he won't have any more?
He's got another blood test to have yet anyway.

We noticed a number of bee's going near our roof anyway after that I could hear them buzzing (not good at night quite frightening) anyway we got some phot's of them and I sent them to the bee ppl to get them identified, turns out they are new to the uk and more bee people would want to know as they are tracking these bee's to see how fast they are spreading.

Right got to go very tired night all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I never met Shelley, but she has been on my mind all week.
Again echoing Jo, I hope everyone is ok.
Love Kathy

Thinking of you one year on Simon and boys, if you still read this!
Shelly often in my thought!

Jo X

Hello All

Hope you all ok?

Hows Owen Caron?

Jo X

So glad to hear of your news, Jo.

Caron, sorry to hear about Owen. There always seems something to worry about with children.

W had alovely holiday in Turkey. I had been to turunc before. It is a small quiet town, which suits me. John's first visit and he loved it. The hotel had everything, even an aquapark. I just wished I could have had my grandchildren with me.

Back to earth with a bang. Saw the surgeon today , my 2nd mri scan has gone astray. The first one didn't give them the info they needed for the recon. I'm allergic to iodine so can't have ct scans. unless they find the results I'll have to have some complicated ultrasound. But nonetheless the recon can go ahead. It won't be until after the summer. Due to the brca2 gene I have a 30% lifetime risk of ovarian cancer so my ovaries will be taken out at the same time.

Sorry Victoria that you are facing further surgery. Your hair looks great in the picture by the way. Is it back to normal now?

Gail and Eileen Ihope things are going well for you both.

Love to all Kathy

Sorry to read about your latest troubles Caron. I just hope one day we will be free of all these cares. I will think about Owen tomorrow and hope it is nothing serious. Has Steve had his results yet? If you haven't heard then perhaps it is a good sign... hoping again. Sorry you have the lymphodema trouble too - can't be nice in the hot weather.

I had a nice weekend, went to Southend for the day and Walworth City farm where they keep bees.

Back to reality today though as went to see the surgeon, first time after surgery. He wants me to have some revision surgery as it seems like the implant has shifted. He also wants to tidy up the lose skin and apply a new procedure to nipple reconstruction using an internal prosthesis (think that's what he said). Anyway I'm due to see him again in August when he will plan this next stage!

Back to work now for a bit.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxx

Hiya all,
Hows you all doing?

V I know the crumble is the best part but not when your trying to lose weight it's not.haha

Had a lovely weekend nice n relaxing in he garden with the beautiful sunshine (& some vino) lol

My daughter in law (well there not married but what I call her) Emmy is doing race for life and god it's so hard to get people to part with their money!
Were just saying please even if it's £1. but no nothing!!
I know she's doing it cos of me but it would be nice if she had some sponsors so she wouldn't be doing it for nothing.
None of my family have even sponsored her ! (can you believe it?).
I hope they do they have only this week left as she does it next Saturday.

My laptop is broken Smiley Surprised( so will have to go in for repair as it's not a year old yet the left hand side finger pad is not working but luckily I know how to change it to use the right hand side.

Owen has been ill lately for a couple of weeks at a time this is the 3rd time now so the dr has done blood tests to try and find out whats wrong (think dr is thinking diabetes),get the results on Wednesday, he has missed loads of school but I can't send him if he's ill .

My hip is killing today! I'm going to ask to see the bone consultant next time I go cos V said they run side by side of oncs.

Right got to go got to do some more exercises ohh nearly forgot to say my arm blew up again (lymphodema) and I know why because I have been doing boxing on the wii, so must have been over doing it.
I'm sticking to steps now, ;o)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo - such good news. What a relief! You must be elated!
Just a quick look on tonight to see if Jo OK!

Off to cardiff for the weekend tomorrow to meet pals.

Have lovely weekends all,

Gxxxx

Jo

Such good news!!!

Lets hope that all our traumas to come have such positive outcomes

Love

Eileen

So pleased your results were clear Jo. I'll send some dates through for dates for our September meet - something for us to look forward to.

Sorry about your nails Caron. Mine haven't fallen off but have turned really flaky the last month or so. I hope your doctor can do something to improve your nails. I am so sorry about your hair. No consolation really - but you do look ever so good in your extensions. Love Betty and her polo - almost as good as the sausage rolls.

Victoria xxxx

Ooh Jo that is good news told you it was likely to be something else rather than the C word!

Ive decided I look like the Hamlet man advert with the comb over
I thought my hair was ok (ish) yes I knew it was thin but looking at it you can see that I have big bald patches where it hasn't grown at all, I am so pissed off why me ?
Is it cos I considered one of my best features was my hair?
And to add insult to injury yet another nail is now coming off!
That makes 2 now both little fingers.
Im asking questions next week when I see Doc ask him why I am still affected and why my hair hasn't grown back eyebrows nails etcetc.

Good news for you though Jo am pleased its nothing else x

So so pleased for you. x

A big thank you to you all for all your good wishes and posiitve thoughts! Im delighted to tell you that it was in fact scar tissue! Boy did I have to jump thru hoops though to get the result, but I would go thru all the hideous trauma again if it meant I got the right result again! Its been a very testing time but it just goes to show that this is our lives now, there is no getting away from it! Im sure from time to time we’ll all have these blips, and long may they continue being just that, blips!!!
Love to you all
Jo x

Ooh look at Betty with a polo on her nose!
It was very hard for her not to eat it straight away!! lol

Has anyone heard anything from Jo?
Hope all is well Jo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck for tomorrow Jo. Sending lots of positive vibes xxxx

Jo, as you know I'm thinking about you lots and lots - and just hoping against hope it is scar tissue. Just one more day to go...

Caron, rhubarb crumble is one of my favourite puddings, second only to apple crumble. Crumble is the best part - so think you did okay really.

Very bad time at work just now.... wondering what it would be like to take a break for a while. Have to see how things go.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxx

Ooooh V u have so depressed me!!!
longest day and all that!

Had Owen off today he's ill again,he felt sick now his face/neck muscles are going into spasm if he's like it tommorrow will take him to gp.

Have I ever told you about my itchy back? no I don't think I have?
Well it drives me mad! it's where the muscle was taken out and it itches deep inside the only trouble with that is you can't get to it!
Ive used the door frame (must have looked like god knows what) ive used loofers, remote control Ive even used a hairbrush! now the hairbrush does help but Ive made my back bleed with it!
It is not helped by the fact my back is totally numb!

I made a rhubarb crumble yesterday only it was steve who served it up and I'm sure he kept all the rhubarb for himself!!

Glad you don't have to wait much longer Jo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks girls for all good wishes! Will get my results Weds morning, so not too long to wait now!

Hope you all well.
jo X

Hi

Jo I just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. Plead your case and try and get the results through quickly to put your mind at rest

Love and Hugs

Eileen

The very best of luck for tomorrow Jo, have got everything crossed ((((hugs))))

I thought of you yesterday as we went to Dorking by train via Ashtead. Went to Haskett's for lunch (the place is for sale, just hope it stays trading as a tea shop.

Sending good thoughts to you Gail for your mammogram results xxx

Quite a quiet weekend for me. Went for a long walk today, and just managed to complete it before the rain struck. Hardly seems like May at all, and just to think we are approaching the longest day of the year soon.

Victoria xxx

Jo want to wish you all the best for tomorrow.
Good luck babe xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Jo. So sorry you are still going through it!! I know the fear and I know nothing I can say will help much. But... remember how much we have all been poked and prodded post treatment for suspicious things and it turned out OK! I would have thought there are bound to be changes to your body because of everything we have been through. The girls are right ...we still have stuff in our bodies fighting for us!!
Tell them how much you are worrying, so that they fast track your MRI result!! try tog et BCN on the case to support that too.

Caron - Keeping my fingers crossed for Steve!

Had first mammogram post surgery yesterday. Found myself staring at her face top see if she had seen anything horrid in my scan. The fear is always there isn't it.

Bright - Must be interesting times for you at the moment workwise. Am fascinated by all the politics at the moment!!

Love to you all,
Gailxxxx

Jo, Caron said it all, about the chemo still being active and the possibility of the changes being scar tissue. You are also on the zoladex which should be doing its job. I can imagine though how worried you must be, as we worry all the time don't we even when there is nothing concrete to worry about. I hate the fear that this disease instils in us.

Caron, hoping that Steve's results are clear, and good news at least that no tumours were spotted. I'm not sure you drew a lucky ticket on the sweepstake - but miracles can happen. So I hope England performs well for you.

I went to the HRT/endocrinology clinic today. Apparently my osteoporosis is quite bad - but at least the biophosphates are meant to be quite effective at preventing further damage and restoring bone density where it has thinned. I was offered weekly tablets but having read other ladies' experiences of taking them on here I've asked for the IV version and the consultant was fine about that. I've also had my Clondine dose increased as the hot flushes are becoming worse again so now I'm up to 100 micrograms a day. If that doesn't work then he will be trying me on a some new drugs which are proving quite effective.

Not sure what we will do this weekend yet, all depends on the weather. If it is nice tomorrow then we may go off to a garden.

Victoria xxxx

Jo,
try not to panic, I mean really you are just only out of chemo,and I know I have deffo still got chemo in me from my nails etc and had it confirmed on Wednesday as well,so when they say chemo can be still in you for over 18 months they certainly meant it in my case,so I'm absolutley certain you will all of you still have some chemo in you,still doing it's job (even if you have no evidence) also there is as much chance of it being scar tissue than the other one, one thing in your favour though you are bound to have scar tissue if you had node clearance arn't you,please try and convince yourself that it's got to be scar tissue,other wise you will drive yourself to despair.
Try and think things in your favour, (likely scar tissue,chemo still in your body doing it's thing)also if they did think the worse surley they would have told you before now?
I don't understand why it's taking so long they must know your out your mind with worry!
When I went to see what my lump was, I was told in 2 hours so don't understand why they are putting you through all this?
We're all behind you Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve went for his tests yesterday and they can see no tumors or polyps which they say is good but he could see 3 areas where the tissue is dark so they have taken 9 biopsies of these areas, so fingers crossed it's nothing, we would have to be really unlucky for Steve to have it as well!
They said he will have a appointment in 4 weeks time and they will discuss the results then.

I had my herceptin Wednesday I bled all over the shop! lol
Ive been sorting my bedroom out today Ive put all the chlothes that don't fit me now as I'm not a 10 or 12 now! Ive even got some in an 8! Anyway Ive folded all them up and put then in some storage containers and put on my wardrobe, you might wonder why I am bothering telling you this, well if you've seen all the chlothes Ive got then you'd know why it was a mammoth task!

Jordan's girlfriend Beth is doing a sweepstake she asked if we (me steve) wanted to go in it (you had to pick a folded up piece of paper and they are all football teams for the world cup and if your team wins you get all the money well Steve picked out Switzerland Jordan picked Poland (lol) and guess who picked England !! hehehe yes me (well probably I won't win then!) lol but everyone wanted England hehehe.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo what can I say that will stop you worrying - absolutely nothing!
The onc is right, take one day at a time but you must be in nightmare land at the moment.Were you aware of an problems in your armpit? sorry I've forgotten but did you have lymph nodes removed originally.

If there is anything I can do if only to help keep your mind busy let me know.

Love and Hugs

Eileen

Thanks for all good wishes girls, sorry ive not been updating you but have really tried to keep busy so I don’t have time to think about things! I think it’s called burying your head!! It doesn’t work though, the nightmare catches up with you eventually. Onc phoned me today and said my results of ultrasound and CT scan were discussed at planning meeting yesterday and although they are not unduly concerned about my enlarged rib area, they are however concerned about changes in my armpit and have made me an appointment for an MRI scan on Monday afternoon. Again i will have to wait for results but when I asked what the changes could be she said hopefully scar tissue. When I said if it’s not scar tissue I assume the cancer is back, she told me to take one day at a time!! Doesn’t sound very promising does it? Will let you know when i know more myself!
Hopefully everyone else all ok?
Take care
Jo X

Hello girls,

Hoping everyone is as well as can under the circumstances.

I hope your Herceptin went well Caron and that Steve's tests are clear.

I can understand how you feel about not having another child Gail, I feel a bit like that. I decided not to have children, but when the decision was taken away from me, it made me start wanting what I could not have suddenly. Still I hope you have an excellent half term break together and all the better to have Turkey to look forward to. I've not booked any holidays yet, but I expect we will go somewhere in August.

I hope you have a lovely time away Kathy, and pleased that you have an explanation about your seroma healing Eileen.

I don't think Jo has had her results yet.

Jason's mother died last Thursday - I've not mentioned it on here before as it has been a bit of an emotional time. Jason was not particularly close to her - but I felt really bad that we didn't make it to the hospital before she lost her life. The doctor said she had dementia which had caused her to stop eating and drinking - apparently in its advanced stages it can interfere with mechanical functions - but only two weeks before she told a friend of ours that 'this was a boring way to die'. We think she had just had enough as her quality of life was poor and she was determined enough to give up. The funeral is likely to be the week after next.

I went back to work on Tuesday and finding it really tiring so leaving in the early afternoon for the present. Things are really busy now with the new government in place.

Wishing everyone well.

Victoria x

I like the post Caron...exactly right!

Jo - have been thinking of you. Let us know how you are doing.

My hair looks like normal short hair now. Still too short for me and it has a kind of strange colour and kink to it. I still don't like what I see in the mirror...but am happy to have covering. Nails still rubbish.

I'm really excited about the summer, but feel amazed that my little boy won't be in foundation anymore. That makes me sad. Most of my other friends have another little one and will be doing the whole foundation thing again. Have been a bit sad about not being able to have another child recently...but I am sure I will snap out of it.

Turkey - we had such fun there (Kusadasi too). Would love to go back at some point. Envious!! Still...I have half term in Norfolk to look forward to ...!!!!!!!!

Love all,

Gailxxx

First I was afraid,I was petrified.Kept thinking I could never live while cancer grew inside.And I spent so many nights just feeling sorry for myself.I used to cry.But now I hold my head up high.And you see me,somebody new.I'm not that frightened little person still afraid of you.And tomorrow at long last I can finally say goodbye.Did ya think I'd crumble?Did ya think I'd lay down & die?Oh no not I. I WILL SURVIVE...

This is a comment by another girl on fb! thought it was good. x

Nice to hear from you Kathy I am so jealous you going to Turkey absolutely without any doubt Turkey is the best place we have ever been to !! (Kusadasi) we are all agreed on it!.

Jo still wondering how you are? xx