hair regrowth

my hair has started to grow and i just wondered how long do you have to wait until it is safe to dye your hair again,im not ready to be grey yet so im still wearing my wigs?

Hi

I was told either approx 4 months or once it gets to about an inch in length, I stopped chemo at end of july and had it dyed in december it was longer than an inch but i was just being precious with it as didnt want to lose it again and it was fine when it was coloured, mine came back pure white and at 49 it was ageing although everyone else loved it,!!

Hope this helps x

Hi Ladies 

I  am 48 and had my last chemo in August. My hair was growing back but with alot more grey than I had before. I hated wearing the wigs and with hot flushes they were getting unbearable. After much deliberation about dying my hair I took the plunge 9 weeks after the last chemo. I  didnt want to go too dark straight away  so i choose an organic make and decided to make a statement and go red. It went ginger and the colour didnt take very well.  I then put a chestnut brown on top which made little difference. I worried and worried about colouring again but I couldnt live with the colour so bought a semi permanent from Boots in medium brown. This still wasnt right and I was so frustrated. I waited a week and coloured it again darker this time it was better. What I have found is that my new hair takes on colour differently to before whereas my friends hair has gone very porous and went nearly black. 

Even now after 5 colours my hair is great. 

I have found taking sea kelp tablets really helps with regrowth. 

I think my hair was about half a inch when I tried a colour. I was fair before but went iron grey which I didn’t like. The first colour was not a success but the secind time about a month later was ok. I put the lightest blond I could get on.I never get all the grey covered but it now looks like it is highlighted.