cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hair regrowth

7 REPLIES 7
baylissa

Re: hair regrowth

My hair started to grow back about a month after Rads ended and about 2 months from end of chemo. I dyed my hair before my treatment. My hair has grown back more slate grey ( before treatment the grey was much lighter) . It started to grow quickly at first but now seems to have slowed down alot.

I'm not sure what to do about dying it  now and also wondering if I should keep it natural. Because of joint pain and other stuff I feel I've aged so much in the last year and my hair being grey and short only accentuates that feeling.

SML1903

I started loosing my hair after my 2nd session of FEC-T  and now 6 months after my last session my hair is abbout half an inch long. It is coming back  black, grey and white which I am getting used to but I have a bit of a thin patch which I am not too happy with. I don't wear my wig at home but I am not brave enough to go out without it yet. I am also taking Anastrozole and 1 of the side effects can be hair thinning so wondering if my thin patch could be due to this. Just hopping that as it gets longer it will get covered up. I have always coloured my hair before my diagnoses but wondering now if I should just leave it natural.

reesecx

Your hair texture is probably different also.  My hair started falling out after my 2nd round of chemo so I shaved my head.   After that I noticed my hair  growing back after my third round of chemo.  It was white and thin like the hair on a baby chick.  I did my research before I started my chemo and started taking biotin and rosehips to help with the hair growth.   It seems like my roots are still coming in white but then it grows out a little then turns black.  Not sure of how it changes but my hair has grown back and the texture is better than before chemo.  I color my roots but I've noticed that it doesn't last but a few washes.

Melena

I think my hair was about half a inch when I tried a colour. I was fair before but went iron grey which I didn't like. The first colour was not a success but the secind time about a month later was ok. I put the lightest blond I could get on.I never get all the grey covered but it now looks like it is highlighted.

Dawn66

Hi Ladies 

I  am 48 and had my last chemo in August. My hair was growing back but with alot more grey than I had before. I hated wearing the wigs and with hot flushes they were getting unbearable. After much deliberation about dying my hair I took the plunge 9 weeks after the last chemo. I  didnt want to go too dark straight away  so i choose an organic make and decided to make a statement and go red. It went ginger and the colour didnt take very well.  I then put a chestnut brown on top which made little difference. I worried and worried about colouring again but I couldnt live with the colour so bought a semi permanent from Boots in medium brown. This still wasnt right and I was so frustrated. I waited a week and coloured it again darker this time it was better. What I have found is that my new hair takes on colour differently to before whereas my friends hair has gone very porous and went nearly black. 

Even now after 5 colours my hair is great. 

I have found taking sea kelp tablets really helps with regrowth. 

kim-53

thankyou lotttie, yes you have helped me,i will have to make it my christmas treat  to have dark hair again, mine too is pure white with a little bit of grey running through it,its so precious to me and that is why im so worried to dye it too soon, 

lottie63

Hi

I was told either approx 4 months or once it gets to about an inch in length, I stopped chemo at end of july and had it dyed in december it was longer than an inch but i was just being precious with it as didnt want to lose it again and it was fine when it was coloured, mine came back pure white and at 49 it was ageing although everyone else loved it,!!

Hope this helps x

kim-53

hair regrowth

my hair has started to grow and i just wondered how long do you have to wait until it is safe to dye your hair again,im not ready to be grey yet so im still wearing my wigs?