68.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anybody had......please help if you can!

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: has anybody had......please help if you can!

Hi Gongie,

I had acid reflux when on chemo. I took ginger. You can buy the capsules online from zipvit. I told my oncologist I was taking them and she said ginger was fine. It also helped with the sickness. Didn't take any anti sickness drugs.
I am not happy about taking drugs unless I really have to take them.
My partner had a lot of problems with heartburn when he had been out drinking. He now takes ginger and no longer gets it. I always carry some in my handbag.
Another remedy you can try is Manuka Honey. Try a teaspoon when you feel it starting or take a teaspoon before you eat anything.
I used Manuka Honey on my radiation burn. I was given different dressings which removed part of my breast every time I changed them. The honey was so soothing and healed my open sore in four days. It is used very successfully on leg ulcers. You can buy it at Tesco's and most of the main supermarkets. It is a bit dearer than normal honey but well worth it.
Hope this helps.
Jugsy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Gongie I haven't been on Aramidax but I certainly had acid/heartburn probs on epirubicin. I got Omeprazole from my doc cos the regular stuff didn't work. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Saffire xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Heartburn, hiccups and the loudest burps on the planet, thats me and l have only been on arimadex for 3 months. In my case definatly side effects.

Guest user
Not applicable

has anybody had......please help if you can! Hi everyone
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2.5 years ago and finished treatment 2 years ago after 2 operations (WLE's), chemo and radio.
I have now been taking Arimadex for 2 years.
For about the last 6-9 months I have had a lot of acid reflux type thing...eg.. hiccuping, burping...very embarrassing - also a feeling of bloating but no pain. I have been to see my GP who seems to think it is Arimadex (Anastrozole) related. He gave me Zoton which hasn't helped at all. I am not seeing my oncologist until April and
I wondered if there is anyone on this site who has had a similar problem or can suggest something to help. Many thanks ....I hope you are all well......xxxxx

Gongie

Guest user
Not applicable